View Full Version : Saturday's Winning Pick to Click

Daver
05-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Won the damn game.

:dye:

The Royals got nothing.

California Sox
05-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Honorable mention to Ryan "DJ, stop calling me Mike" Sweeney for first MLB home run!:cool:

Brian26
05-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Should have been Uribe. He's the guy who had the big hit with two outs and the pressure was on (down by a run). Dye's hit was a no-pressure situation (runner on 2nd, game tied, no outs).

Daver rules though. :D:

TDog
05-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Should have been Uribe. He's the guy who had the big hit with two outs and the pressure was on (down by a run). Dye's hit was a no-pressure situation (runner on 2nd, game tied, no outs).

Daver rules though. :D:

Really, in that situation, Dye was under tremendous pressure to hit the ball to the right side to get the winning run over to third.

There is no such thing as a no-pressure at bat with the score tied in extra innings, especially on a team where no one seems to be hitting. Make fun of his batting average; he still won the damn game.

Brian26
05-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Make fun of his batting average; he still won the damn game.

Did you see any of the game before the 10th inning?

Dye doesn't even get his lousy no-out, runner-on-a-silver-platter-in-scoring-position at-bat if Uribe didn't hit the homer earlier in the game or the game tying, two-out, backs-to-the-wall double to score a runner from first in the bottom of the 9th. You want to talk about going the opposite way? Uribe went the opposite way to rightfield to get that runner all the way home. According to the radio guys, he was 12" from ending the game there too.

TDog
05-12-2007, 11:42 PM

Dye doesn't even get his lousy no-out, runner-on-a-silver-platter-in-scoring-position at-bat if Uribe didn't hit the homer earlier in the game or the game tying, two-out, backs-to-the-wall double to score a runner from first in the bottom of the 9th. You want to talk about going the opposite way? Uribe went the opposite way to rightfield to get that runner all the way home. According to the radio guys, he was 12" from ending the game there too.

I haven't seen a Sox game on television since July 4, 2003, and I saw the Tuesday night game in Oakland earlier this season. A lot of fans will note that these games had something in common.

I'm not saying, I saw the game and believe Dye should be the pick to click. I'm saying I'm not going to argue with Daver.

FarWestChicago
05-13-2007, 06:49 AM

Dye doesn't even get his lousy no-out, runner-on-a-silver-platter-in-scoring-position at-bat if Uribe didn't hit the homer earlier in the game or the game tying, two-out, backs-to-the-wall double to score a runner from first in the bottom of the 9th. You want to talk about going the opposite way? Uribe went the opposite way to rightfield to get that runner all the way home. According to the radio guys, he was 12" from ending the game there too.Juan definitely imparted some momentum into that ball. It was smoked. That was heroic. But, it was very nice to see JD do what JD does when he's on his game. :cool:

Frater Perdurabo
05-13-2007, 06:54 AM
Can't we all agree that the Sox had a number of very clutch, very "grinderly" (I'm really getting sick of the word grinder) plate appearances last night? All's well that ends well.

:D:

PaleHoseGeorge
05-13-2007, 10:58 AM
I think it's great that there were at least 3 Sox ballplayers worthy of PTC consideration last night. Dye's game-winning hit, Uribe's dinger, and let's not forget Erstad getting a double with two-outs in the ninth inning and the Sox trailing by a run.

Uribe never even strides to the plate without SOMEBODY getting the last gasp rally started at the pentultimate moment of the game.

:cool:

ondafarm
05-13-2007, 05:48 PM
A couple of guys were possible PTCs, thenk goodness they didn't lose the game and Dye had a great hit, just what the Sox needed at that time.

Brian26
05-13-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm not saying, I saw the game and believe Dye should be the pick to click. I'm saying I'm not going to argue with Daver.

Daver doesn't need you to defend him, nor does he need me to put words in his mouth. However, he'll be the first one to say (because he's said this before) that people are absolutely allowed to disagree with him. The point of these threads and this message board is for intelligent discussion. I presented my case for Uribe, and that's fine. If Daver didn't want people to comment on his choices, he'd lock the thread immediately after he posted his choice.

Go Sox

Brian26
05-13-2007, 06:07 PM
and let's not forget Erstad getting a double with two-outs in the ninth inning and the Sox trailing by a run.

Let's also not forget Erstad's rally-killing GIDP with the bases loaded earlier in the game. Give me Uribe's 3-for-5, with a homer and an almost walk-off homer in the bottom of the 9th with two outs that ended up tying the game. :D:

:uribe:
"You guys are more brutal than the Dominican judicial system."