BoysMom3
05-12-2007, 09:30 PM
That was so awesome!!!!! JD!!!!

bryPt
05-12-2007, 09:30 PM
stay grindy my friends.

NSSoxFan
05-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Great job by WSI's favorite punching bag, Darin Erstad, on extending the game to Uribe. Great game, better win.

:gulp:

flo-B-flo
Jermaine!!! GREAT GAME!!!! WHEWWWW THESE WINS ARE KILLING ME!!!! Lord almighty I need a BEER!!!!!!

ilsox7
It's amazing what can happen when you go to the plate thinking line drive up the middle or the other way.

Gotta keep winning ballgames like this until the offense shows up consistently. The fact that this team isn't buried in the division right now says a lot.

Boondock Saint
05-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Good God, that was awesome. Let's never do this again.

Sox83Kid
:dye: Thanks, JD!:bandance:
And thank you Juan Uribe for keeping us in it!:bandance:

MarySwiss
Oh. My. God.

But again, can we please get a laugher at some point?

You guys are killing me!!!

mccoydp
My wife kept saying"JD needs to hit a homerun..."

I told her "No, he just needs a single..."

Voila! JD delivered! Good game, especially the 9th by Uribe.

:winner:

infohawk
Great win tonight! We needed that one to stay on a roll. Imagine what it will be like when the offense clicks and we really get on a roll!:o:

gobears1987
05-12-2007, 09:34 PM
THe past few games have been so 2005.

Navarro's Talent
05-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Now, this is the type of offense I want from the Sox. They showed some power, but they also got some key singles and doubles thrown in there for good measure. Nicely done.

Congrats to Sweeney for his first ML homerun!

oeo
05-12-2007, 09:35 PM
-Congrats to Sweeney on his first big league homer of many.
-Who is this Uribe guy?
-Great job by the bullpen.
-Buehrle didn't have his best stuff, but still kept us in the game; and the streak continues.
-JD!!!!!!!!!!

PaulDrake
05-12-2007, 09:37 PM
It wasn't pretty, but a win like this can give a team a big lift. I am a happy old Sox fan right now.

ilsox7
-Congrats to Sweeney on his first big league homer of many.
-Who is this Uribe guy?
-Great job by the bullpen.
-Buehrle didn't have his best stuff, but still kept us in the game; and the streak continues.
-JD!!!!!!!!!!

Well said. The only true negative in the game was a blown opportunity or two by the offense. But they battled and you gotta give them credit for not giving up. We also saw guys like JD, Crede, Uribe, Sweeney, Mack, and Erstad have some good approaches up at the plate. Hopefully that means they are about the turn the corner and catch fire.

MarySwiss
Good God, that was awesome. Let's never do this again.

EXACTLY!!!

ilsox7
05-12-2007, 09:38 PM
It wasn't pretty, but a win like this can give a team a big lift. I am a happy old Sox fan right now.

They've "quietly" won 6 of 7.

flo-B-flo
05-12-2007, 09:40 PM
THe past few games have been so 2005. Everyone loves blowouts. But, the ability to win these kind of games builds a CHAMPION. A proven formula in 05.......:wink:

HITMEN OF 77
05-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Awesome win. Let's sweep tomorrow!!

Bucky F. Dent
05-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Great Win!

Only guy that made me nervous all night was Macdougall. He was completely overthrowing the ball.

ode to veeck
05-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Honorable mention to Juan Uribe ...

:uribe:

"Where's those dark clouds that said I was washed up last year!?"

Brian26
Great job by WSI's favorite punching bag, Darin Erstad, on extending the game to Uribe.

Yeah, that almost made up for his GIDP with the bases loaded earlier in the game.

Vestigio
Rounding third, it looked like Terrero was going to tumble

Brian26
05-12-2007, 09:47 PM
It's amazing what can happen when you go to the plate thinking line drive up the middle or the other way.

It's easier to do that, though, with no outs and the winning run on 2nd base. I'd like to see Dye and Konerko go up there with this mindset in tighter situations as opposed to trying to jack homers all the time.

TDog
05-12-2007, 09:48 PM
I totally missed the game. I just saw the linescore and smiled before I noticed the Sox were down to 2 out and no one on base, down a run in the ninth. For a team that hasn't hit, the White Sox have shown quite an ability to come from behind. Usually it's the slugging teams that do that.

And the hitters on the White Sox have the potential of breaking out.

This could be a fun team.

ilsox7
05-12-2007, 09:49 PM
It's easier to do that, though, with no outs and the winning run on 2nd base. I'd like to see Dye and Konerko go up there with this mindset in tighter situations as opposed to trying to jack homers all the time.

Exactly. I'd like to see them go up there every AB with that mindset when they are struggling as bad as they are right now. DJ made a comment about how the 10th inning is really a time to go up there thinking line drives. How about innings 1-9? Sure, there are times when you take big cuts. But when you're hitting .200, there is no appropriate time to do that, IMO.

California Sox
05-12-2007, 09:49 PM

Probably should have won that one too. Vazquez pitched a heck of a game that night.

ilsox7
05-12-2007, 09:50 PM
This could be a fun team.

Ain't that the truth. This team has the ability to be an amazing, fun team. They are 3 games above .500 without much of an offense to speak of. Imagine if they pull it all together.

ilsox7
05-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Probably should have won that one too. Vazquez pitched a heck of a game that night.

Yea, but they could have just as easily lost a few of those games. I'll take 6 of 7 any time of the year.

Brian26
05-12-2007, 09:51 PM
My wife kept saying"JD needs to hit a homerun..."

Chicks dig the long ball.

chisoxfan79
05-12-2007, 09:53 PM
I'LL BE THERE TOMORROW FOR MOTHERS DAY I hope Oz doesn't throw the Sunday Lineup out there with a lefty on the hill Lets go for the sweep:supernana:

Brian26
05-12-2007, 10:00 PM
The way Sweeney and Terrero are contributing right now, I'd be surprised to see Anderson back on the major league roster before September 1, especially after Pods and Thome come back.

tebman
05-12-2007, 10:03 PM
My son has picked Uribe to be this year's MVP. I laughed when he told me that, but maybe he's on to something.

He's lookin' good, the bullpen's lookin' good, and when these guys re-learn how to hit line drives they'll all be lookin' good! :gulp:

TDog
05-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Yea, but they could have just as easily lost a few of those games. I'll take 6 of 7 any time of the year.

The problem is, nothing will ever beat 11 of 12 in October. I remember when White Sox fans didn't have such high expectations.

voodoochile
05-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Only got to see the game from the final out in the top of the 10th. Lucky me...:D:

:winner

Look out ALC, the Sox are on a roll...:supernana:

Thome25
05-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Everyone loves blowouts. But, the ability to win these kind of games builds a CHAMPION. A proven formula in 05.......:wink:

I'm excited but, I won't let myself get too overly excited because I keep reminding myself that we're only playing the Royals.

A champion buries teams like the Royals. With that said, great wins these past couple of nights. Let's try to make it 5 in a row tomorrow.

Am I the only one who's getting excited about Ryan Sweeney? This kid is looking like a good one!!

Jerome
05-12-2007, 10:16 PM
good to see ryan sweeney doing so well :smile:

gf2020
05-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Great win. Was watching at a bar and felt confident that we would win the whole game. Thought Uribe's shot in the ninth might get out. Great win. It's good to be excited about the White Sox with the Bulls falling apart.

VenturaFan23
05-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Just got back from the game. GREAT WIN! But it shouldn't have been that close. I'm looking at you Mackowiak! :tsk: When bases are loaded, please take a pitch or 2! Uribe was awesome! Is this his first time batting in the 2-hole? I didn't see last night's game. Way to go getting your first dinger Sweeney! Here's to many more!

Oh, and did anyone else see the asshat in the section near the bullpen holding a 'FREE PARIS' sign?? :rolleyes: :club:

HotelWhiteSox
05-12-2007, 10:40 PM
I just had a feeling all game we were winning this game, even late. Granted it's KC, but you have to win these games, they can turn out to be huge when it's all said and done

southside rocks
05-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Congrats to Sweeney for his first ML homerun!

Yes! He hit it about six rows behind me and one section over, and just as we were saying 'hey, was that his first big-league homerun?' -- the security guys showed up and asked the fan who had the ball 'uh, sir, would you be willing to give that back, we'll be happy to give you an autographed ball in exchange?' Of course the fan said sure, and Sweeney should have the homerun ball in his locker right now. :tongue:

markopat
05-12-2007, 10:56 PM
YES...Roll on SOX!

I shall now partake in a Bayer regimen 81 Mg and a Glenfiddich!

Nice Win!

JermaineDye05
05-13-2007, 12:05 AM
what a night, I break even in poker and come home to find the white sox came back.

lostfan
05-13-2007, 12:21 AM
I thought seeing Uribe in the 2 spot was hilarious at first since until recently he was probably the least disciplined hitter in the history of major league baseball. But hell, if him hitting there is going to keep paying dividends like this...

lakeviewsoxfan
05-13-2007, 12:23 AM
Great game, Sweeney is here to stay IMO, I am really impressed with his approach at the dish. When I saw Juan in the 2 hole I was like thats odd but it worked out OL :supernana: :supernana:

JB98
05-13-2007, 12:27 AM
The Sox have 11 come-from-behind wins already this season. As inept as the offense has been overall, that's pretty good. Hopefully, this victory will take some of the pressure off and allow the hitters to just relax and play. As others have mentioned, some better approaches at the plate tonight. In the ninth, Uribe didn't fly open and try to hook the ball. He wasn't trying to hit a home run, even though he almost did. He stayed on the ball and drove it. Great swing. JD took a nice back-through-the-middle approach tonight too.

WhiteSox5187
05-13-2007, 12:33 AM
This team is going to kill me if they keep playing games like this...THe only negative thing I can say is that we should have blown the game open in the third (or was it the second?) when we had the bases loaded with one out and didn't bring the run in. Also Buerhle didn't have a great outting but he kept us in the game and that is all you can really ask for from a starting pitcher. Let's bury 'em tommorrow and then find our stroke against New York.

slobes
05-13-2007, 12:51 AM
Uribe did a mighty fine job today. This was my first game I've been at this year where we've won, and it was simply awesome. 4 in a row baby, keep 'em coming.

jabrch
05-13-2007, 12:55 AM
Great game, Sweeney is here to stay IMO, I am really impressed with his approach at the dish. When I saw Juan in the 2 hole I was like thats odd but it worked out OL :supernana: :supernana:

Uribe will look even better in the 2 hole when Thome is back, and the #2 hitter will see a lot of fastballs.

ChiSoxGirl
05-13-2007, 01:27 AM
TBGR. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/../rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3365)

IndianWhiteSox
05-13-2007, 01:35 AM

What does that mean? The fact is, is that Mark didn't get his 100th career win so therefore this game sucked.
:tongue:

They've also "quietly" have a 4 game winning streak.

pmck003
05-13-2007, 05:42 AM
Imagine a little bit more....but right now is :supernana:

RadioheadRocks
05-13-2007, 05:50 AM
What does that mean? The fact is, is that Mark didn't get his 100th career win so therefore this game sucked.
:tongue:

They've also "quietly" have a 4 game winning streak.

Methinks ilsox7 means "they've quietly won 6 of 7" while the rest of the media is kissing Barroid, Boston, Dice K, Roger Clemens and the Yankees' collective asses.

In other words, stealth mode. :cool:

Grzegorz
05-13-2007, 06:04 AM
Uribe will look even better in the 2 hole when Thome is back, and the #2 hitter will see a lot of fastballs.

If this is an experiment then their must be many more trials before this move can be termed a success.

Uribe's historical approach to hitting does not make him the ideal person to hit in the two hole.

Frater Perdurabo
05-13-2007, 07:00 AM
Methinks ilsox7 means "they've quietly won 6 of 7" while the rest of the media is kissing Barroid, Boston, Dice K, Roger Clemens and the Yankees' collective asses.

In other words, stealth mode. :cool:

Is that kind of like, oh, I don't know, maybe "under the radar?" :D:

Frater Perdurabo
05-13-2007, 07:05 AM

IIRC, that approach seemed to work well during the first part of 2004, when Uribe was among the AL leaders in batting average. He was batting second, behind Willie Harris and in front of Frank and Maggs.

Uribe cooled off, though, and too soon thereafter both Frank and Maggs got hurt. Uribe moved down in the order, and Rowand got moved up in the lineup. Rowand really turned it on and had his finest season as a pro, leading off and batting second a lot.

Tragg
05-13-2007, 07:48 AM
If this is an experiment then their must be many more trials before this move can be termed a success.

Uribe's historical approach to hitting does not make him the ideal person to hit in the two hole.
Remember in the spring of 2006, Ozzie thought seriously about moving him to the 2 hole - not sure why he didn't (maybe it was the "handle the bat" stuff).

As a general rule, Uribe's under-appreciated. Excellent defensive shortstop with some pop in his bat.

On a side note, I got to see Sweeney for the first time last night. He looks like a hitter - smooth swing, confidence.

delben91
05-13-2007, 08:23 AM
Remember in the spring of 2006, Ozzie thought seriously about moving him to the 2 hole - not sure why he didn't (maybe it was the "handle the bat" stuff).

I think it was par that and partially that Iguchi had an absolutely horrendous spring that year in the 6 hole.

Great win tonight, wasn't pretty, but I'll take it any way I can get it.

Roll on Sox, roll on. :gulp:

jabrch
05-13-2007, 09:41 AM

I agree with your first point - nobody should call it a success yet.

On the second point, he is a dead fastball hitter. Hitting #2 behind Thome would see a lot of fastballs. Now I know he's not a bunter or a guy likely to give himself up, so he isn't what Ozzie usually looks for in a #2 (more like Erstad) but he would be pretty effective if a team was looking to just step to the plate and hit, instead of trying to do what Ozzie has done for his tenure here.

I can go either way. If you can optimize Uribe by getting him more looks at fastballs, move Pods into the 9 spot, then (other than the first inning) you will have Pods, hitting before Erstad and then Uribe protected by Thome.

In absence of a top tier SS, I don't think there are many guys in the next class any better than Uribe in terms of overall (offensive and defensive) productivity/cost. He's not top 5-7 (Reyes, Rollins, Hardy, Ramirez, Renteria, Jeter, Guillen, Tejada, Young all come ahead of him). But he's gotta be somewhere in the next group.

Jjav829
05-13-2007, 09:47 AM
If Sweeney keeps this up, Pods will be the 4th OF when he returns.

I know I keep saying it, but I'm really impressed by Sweeney and excited about his future. :bandance:

Great win last night. I thought Uribe's double in the 9th was gone off the bat, but at least it tied the game.

cbone
05-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Went to the game last night, great win! There were about 20 Royals fan by us who had made the road trip. How do you trashtalk when you're a Royals fan? They tried all the cliches, the Black Sox etc... To their credit they shook everyone's hand and said good game afterwards. Let's get em today!! :gulp:

SoxxoS
05-13-2007, 10:52 AM
Is anyone else hoping the Mackowiak experiment ends soon?

lostfan
05-13-2007, 11:04 AM
Is anyone else hoping the Mackowiak experiment ends soon?
It's not an experiment, he's only playing everyday out of necessity.

TomBradley72
05-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Tip of the hat to the bullpen as well....4 shutout innings. MacDougal needs learn to relax a little against his old team....

Madscout
05-13-2007, 02:06 PM
I live in Bloomington, IN, so we don't get a lot of Sox games on TV. What sucks as well is that we are in a "Comcast" zone, so we get blacked out for a lot of games. I love that WGN brings me the game, but good god do they suck. This game was bad on their part. Who ever is scoring the game doesn't pay attention. It is like they have to wake up everytime something happens. Crede comes up and they through up Dye's numbers. But at least I don't have to listen to the FOX announcers.