PDA

View Full Version : **A Laugher Would be Nice, but Meanwhile...

MarySwiss
05-11-2007, 09:37 PM
we'll take it!

hi im skot
05-11-2007, 09:37 PM
We'll take that one!

Let's win the series tomorrow!

LongLiveFisk
05-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Awesome! My nephew was at the game tonight--I know he's happy. :D:

NDSox12
05-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Would have been nice to get the back-to-back shutouts too, but I'm not going to complain.

Another great outing for Jon!

whitesoxfan
05-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Doesn't matter how you win as long as you win.

What is that, six straight quality starts for our starting pitchers? They are on a rail right now (and have been the whole season).

MarySwiss
We'll take that one!

Let's win the series tomorrow!

I like the way you think! Yep, win the series tomorrow and sweep it on Sunday! Woo-HOO!!!

TDog
This was a great game, the type that a team like KC is supposed to lose, despite tasting some success in the Metrodome this year.

JB98
Nice to see the bully lock one up for Jon. He's had a couple of tough NDs after blown saves in the ninth inning.

Pitching wins championships.

Navarro's Talent
05-11-2007, 09:44 PM
I know it's pretty much been stated before (many times), but I can't stress just how good the pitching has been this season. If those bats get rollin'...:cool:

Vernam
05-11-2007, 09:44 PM
Nice to see someone else waste an excellent pitching performance . . .

AJ for Player of the Week!

Thornton and Jenks are nasty. Kind of like when Forster and Gossage were in the pen, except it's the righty now who's a tub of goo. :wink:

Vernam

flo-B-flo
05-11-2007, 09:45 PM
was just ON. Grounders, broken bats, funny looking swings, I'm liking how this is shaping up. The starting pitching is TOUGH. And like a previous poster wrote, let's win tomorrow and sweep Sunday. I don't mind the close ones. My fingernails do.......:smile: GO-GO SOX!!

BoysMom3
05-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Nice! I'll take it!

DickAllen72
05-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Great game by Garland. Sox pitching looks as good as it was in 2005. They haven't been hitting yet, but when they start approaching their career norms, the Sox should go on one heck of a roll!

DickAllen72
05-11-2007, 09:48 PM
was just ON. Grounders, broken bats, funny looking swings,
How about that swing Sweeney took? Jon almost made him hurt himself! :D:

flo-B-flo
05-11-2007, 09:55 PM
How about that swing Sweeney took? Jon almost made him hurt himself! :D: Exactly what I wrote about. There were SEVERAL bad tennis forehands out there tonight. A couple of badminton swings. Some fly swatting too. Thanks KC!! But, it wasn't all their fault. when Garland is on it's like clock work.

cheezheadsoxfan
05-11-2007, 09:58 PM
Another nail-biter, but a win is a win. Pitching has been all we could hope for. I'm more than ready for that 10 game win streak when the bats wake up.:cool:

eastchicagosoxfan
05-11-2007, 09:58 PM
WOW! The game ended over 20 minutes ago, and less than 20 posts. It can only mean one thing:winner

Vernam
05-11-2007, 10:05 PM
WOW! The game ended over 20 minutes ago, and less than 20 posts. It can only mean one thingI think it mainly means a lot of people were at the game tonight. Me, I'm home sick . . .:(:

Vernam

whitesoxfan
05-11-2007, 10:11 PM
I think it mainly means a lot of people were at the game tonight. Me, I'm home sick . . .:(:

Vernam

That and it is a Friday night.

MISoxfan
05-11-2007, 10:53 PM
The gamethread was dead too. I waited around for like 10 minutes for this to appear and then finally gave up on the post game thread.

The Immigrant
05-11-2007, 10:54 PM
I just got back from the game. Impressive performances by Garland, Thornton and Jenks.

Our offense, on the other hand...

FloridaSox
05-11-2007, 11:08 PM
There does not seem to be much enthusiasm for this team...oh well, we all have 2005 World Series win to remember for a lifetime.

chisoxfanatic
05-11-2007, 11:08 PM
It would be nice if the Cubs didn't get all of the early warm days to play their home games, while the Sox get the chillier days...Had to throw on the jacket in the 8th inning; but, all was well.

Congrats to Garland for his brilliant effort. That was a great standing-ovation when his game came to a close. It certainly is nice for the pitching rotation to be appearing to come around now.

The Dude
05-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Another awesome pitching performance :bandance:followed by another ****ty offensive day:angry:. How dangerous would we be if we learned how to hit?:?:
3 in a row, now lets keep em coming boys.:gulp:

itsnotrequired
05-11-2007, 11:12 PM
sig update time...

tacosalbarojas
05-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Nice job by Bobby to finish Sweeney. I'm liking the Mohawk looking thing that was showing from the back of his hat. Take that hat off so we can see the whole thing.

Brian26
05-11-2007, 11:18 PM
Only 24 posts and we're almost two hours after the game?

We must have won tonight :D:

Bad slide by Ozuna though...should have tried to hook it. That third run could have been huge.

BRDSR
05-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Bad slide by Ozuna though...should have tried to hook it. That third run could have been huge.

An absolutely awful slide, those are the kind of slides that end seasons. I'm just glad he didn't do serious damage to his knee.

Pretty uncharacterstic performance by Pablo with that slide and the line out bunt with a man on third, but I can't complain. We won and nobody got hurt, so lets win the series tomorrow.

Hitmen77
05-11-2007, 11:25 PM
Another awesome pitching performance :bandance:followed by another ****ty offensive day:angry:. How dangerous would we be if we learned how to hit?:?:
3 in a row, now lets keep em coming boys.:gulp:

Yeah, no kidding! I'm thrilled by our pitching, but when are JD, Konerko, and Crede going to start hitting?

Let's just keep this pitching going when those guys do come around - then this team will really be able to do some damage.

itsnotrequired
05-11-2007, 11:25 PM

When he took off, I thought "what was he thinking?" That ball was way too shallow.

thomas35forever
05-11-2007, 11:28 PM
We're starting to roll now. Winning five of our last six is a good sign of things to come.

DickAllen72
05-11-2007, 11:29 PM

That seems to be the general consensus but I'm not so sure. That ball was pretty far up the line and if he hooked it that far up I don't know if he could have reached the plate with his hand. Seems like the best bet in a situation like that would have been to attempt to bowl over the catcher, but considering Pablo's stature that probably would not have been wise.

Let's just hope Jermaine and Paulie start to hit like they have proven they can over the years. They have been killing the offense and it's time they stepped up and earned their salaries. When that happens...look out!

DickAllen72
05-11-2007, 11:46 PM
:indianslose And a Happy Dog Day to All! :supernana: :rallypooch :chopper

Frater Perdurabo
05-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Garland had the most wins among all MLB pitchers for the 2005-2006 biennium.

Isn't it time we all consider him an "ace?"

If the Sox could just start hitting and taking walks (and hitting those homers with runners on base), and if Ozzie could do a better job of managing the bullpen, this team could go an a huge winning streak.

Grzegorz
05-12-2007, 04:58 AM
oh well, we all have 2005 World Series win to remember for a lifetime.

Nope, not good enough; this team is capable of much more.

TDog
05-12-2007, 10:26 AM
:indianslose And a Happy Dog Day to All! :supernana: :rallypooch :chopper

Friday night, all the Sox did was win. It's good to see some people excited.

In chat last Sunday when the White Sox were down 3-0 to Colon, people were complaining that the Sox couldn't score while the Tigers and Indians were scoring big runs, more than 20 combined. The Sox didn't stand a chance against teams with such offenses. And moreover, look at the Twins with that homefield advantage.

In their last two games on the West Coast, the Indians have totaled 2 runs. Meanwhile, the A's got to the Indians' ace the way that teams got to Vazquez last season. The Tigers continued to win, beating Minnesota's ace, who Sox fans couldn't believe their luck in missing, but that only proved the Twins can continue to lose at home after the Sox too 2 of 3 in the Metrodome.

It is O.K. to be optimistic about this White Sox team, even they aren't hitting. The other teams aren't invincible, either.

downstairs
05-12-2007, 11:44 AM
It is O.K. to be optimistic about this White Sox team, even they aren't hitting. The other teams aren't invincible, either.

"not invincible," sure. But we're beyond not invincible. We're dead in the AL last in these hitting categories:

runs, hits, doubles, triples, total bases, RBI, batting average, OBP, slugging

Yep, that's every single one of them except home runs, where we're near last.

I hope it's just a slump... but who knows... players age, are distracted, etc. Ozzie better make damn sure this ends quickly.

MCHSoxFan
05-12-2007, 12:38 PM
The gamethread was dead too. I waited around for like 10 minutes for this to appear and then finally gave up on the post game thread.

Wait, so there is NO postgame thread?!?! I usually like to do them, but I was at a place with without interntet. :(:

As for the game. GREAT JOB BY GARLAND. I hope the pitching does as well as it is doing now, but the bats start coming around as well. And I mean ALL of the bats. I am gald to see my favorite player, AJ, be doing as well has he has been the past week or so.

Let's win the sereis today (I'll be there). Then let's SWEEP them on Sunay (I'll be there).

TDog
05-12-2007, 12:57 PM
"not invincible," sure. But we're beyond not invincible. We're dead in the AL last in these hitting categories:

I hope it's just a slump... but who knows... players age, are distracted, etc. Ozzie better make damn sure this ends quickly.

It is easier to win with strong pitching and no hitting than with strong hitting and no pitching. That was the difference between the 1967 White Sox, who should have won, and the 1977 White Sox that made much of the city happy while not coming close to winning.

The Sox have the best pitching in the division. They clearly have the best rotation. With Zumaya out, they clearly have the best bullpen -- something they had before Zumaya went down.

Hitters also have a tendency to return to form quicker than pitchers do.

And as bad as the hitting has been, the White Sox are 4-4 in road games in which they were trailing by 3 or more runs before the 9th inning. There are teams tearing up the ball who can't claim such a record.

MISoxfan
05-12-2007, 01:10 PM

If you really believe that we're going to continue hitting at our current pace you not only believe that we're the worst hitting the league, but basically the worst hitting team in a decade or more. GMAB.