PDA

View Full Version : Pirates.....

MetroPD
05-11-2007, 07:46 PM
I may have missed it but since when have the Pirates worn those ugly red black and yellow uniforms? Sorry I'm sitting here watching the ATL game, and I can not get over how ridiculous they look.....:whiner:

anewman35
05-11-2007, 08:10 PM
I may have missed it but since when have the Pirates worn those ugly red black and yellow uniforms? Sorry I'm sitting here watching the ATL game, and I can not get over how ridiculous they look.....:whiner:

Started this year, only for Friday home games. They're really horrible, aren't they?

Jerko
05-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Those are awful, but the Padres broke these out tonight.....

http://espn.go.com/i/magazine/new/050728_norman.jpg

ComiskeyBrewer
05-12-2007, 01:22 AM
Those are awful, but the Padres broke these out tonight.....

http://espn.go.com/i/magazine/new/050728_norman.jpg

But Yellow was atleast a main color for them. It's like the twins going with all Red unis. You don't take a background color and make it your main. It just looks dumb.

/drunken rant.

comerica
05-12-2007, 01:42 AM

Are they alternate jerseys? I'd guess they are. Shouldn't be a surprise then, every alternate jersey in the league looks terrible. I'm sorry guys, but those black shirt ones of yours are pretty terrible. Though in your case, it's more like you have these pretty pimpin' white with pinstrips jerseys and yet opt to where those expansion-teamesque monstrosities. Ok, I'm going a bit overboard there. But I loved the white jerseys and they don't look like the sox without them.

robertks61
05-12-2007, 08:22 AM
The city of Pittsburgh had a paint the town red week or day or something like that. It was directed at cleaning the town. The Pirates decided to run with it and started wearing stupid looking jerseys to honor it.

The Rockies also need to get rid of the black vest's. Colored vest's are too softball.

oeo
05-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Are they alternate jerseys? I'd guess they are. Shouldn't be a surprise then, every alternate jersey in the league looks terrible. I'm sorry guys, but those black shirt ones of yours are pretty terrible. Though in your case, it's more like you have these pretty pimpin' white with pinstrips jerseys and yet opt to where those expansion-teamesque monstrosities. Ok, I'm going a bit overboard there. But I loved the white jerseys and they don't look like the sox without them.

They're alright as alternates, just to change things up every once and awhile...but the Sox wear them waaaaay too often. They usually change jersies depending on win/loss, and for some reason they always get on a winning streak with the black ones on.

I sort of wish they would scrap them altogether. I love their road grays, too; there's no need for the alternates unless they're going to wear them as alternates.