PDA

View Full Version : July 6th Tailgating

mcg
05-11-2007, 02:34 PM
I asked my ticket rep about tailgating between the games on July 6th and this is what she said:

"You will be happy to learn that you will be able to tailgate between the two games for the July 6th doubleheader. However, there are 2 probable downfalls to this; you will most likely have to pay for parking for each separate game ($20/game) and you might be asked to move your car closer to the front of the lot after the first game so that they can make room for cars for the second game. Besides that, you should be able to enjoy tailgating in the parking lot."

Kinda sucks we get nailed for parking twice but at least now I know there'll be something to do between the games. I'm hoping we don't really have to wait for the lots to clear and then move the car. Seems to me it would make the most sense to have the attendants ask if you're staying for one game or both and send people in two different directions.

itsnotrequired
05-11-2007, 02:38 PM
I asked my ticket rep about tailgating between the games on July 6th and this is what she said:

"You will be happy to learn that you will be able to tailgate between the two games for the July 6th doubleheader. However, there are 2 probable downfalls to this; you will most likely have to pay for parking for each separate game ($20/game) and you might be asked to move your car closer to the front of the lot after the first game so that they can make room for cars for the second game. Besides that, you should be able to enjoy tailgating in the parking lot."

Kinda sucks we get nailed for parking twice but at least now I know there'll be something to do between the games. I'm hoping we don't really have to wait for the lots to clear and then move the car. Seems to me it would make the most sense to have the attendants ask if you're staying for one game or both and send people in two different directions.

Have they done this in the past for other games? It seems like the lots will be a mess.

mcg
05-11-2007, 02:48 PM
I don't even remember the last time there was a split doubleheader and they had to deal with this issue.

But it does seem like it's going to be a mess. I'm thinking I'll have to just wait by the car for at least 30-40 minutes before the parking attendants are ready to consolidate those of us staying for the second game.

DumpJerry
05-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Well, they do budget parking revenue for 81 games, not 79 (the Tigers' makeup will also be like this, most likely).

skottyj242
05-11-2007, 02:56 PM
I think the last double header at home was maybe 2004 against Baltimore? I know it was a Thursday and the dollar dogs were a flowin but that was just back to back, I know of no day nights in awhile.

pdimas
05-11-2007, 03:00 PM
We should be cool :cool:

No moving the car for our tailgate festivities.

roylestillman
05-11-2007, 03:42 PM
My rep told me I could park in the Park and Ride in the morning and keep it there all day. I'm only going to the night game.