PDA

View Full Version : Worst baseball stadium song?

Fenway
05-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Every ballpark blares loud music.....some good, some simply awful.

Is there anything worse than Cotton Eye Joe which is played in all places YANKEE STADIUM every 7th inning............

Yankees fans should be ashamed of this
BLoac7IYJWw

of course there is this fiasco at Fenway
Mug-q-2W0tM

Fenway also plays a horrific song to open the game with called "Play Ball"
http://www.sound-promotions.com/musiccategories/music_cd.asp?netcd=NET084

lumpyspun
05-11-2007, 01:46 PM
In that Yankees video they actually seem pretty embarrassed about it. A few of them are even looking at the ground like they are ashamed.

Fenway
05-11-2007, 01:47 PM
In that Yankees video they actually seem pretty embarrassed about it. A few of them are even looking at the ground like they are ashamed.

They should be embarrassed. George must love the song.....

It is bad enough at Kane County

comerica
05-11-2007, 06:14 PM
I have no idea if they play it at red sox games or not, but after countless hours spent playing MVP Baseball 2005, the dropkick murphy's version of the BoSox anthem "Tessie" makes me want to murder someone.

rocky biddle
05-11-2007, 06:26 PM
I have no idea if they play it at red sox games or not, but after countless hours spent playing MVP Baseball 2005, the dropkick murphy's version of the BoSox anthem "Tessie" makes me want to murder someone.

A lot of Red Sox fans give the Murphys credit for "breaking the curse" and propelling them to the WS crown. I love the band but think that's a little ridiculous.

Anyway, you do know you can skip songs on that game right?

Fenway
05-11-2007, 06:40 PM

They play it after every win

DumpJerry
05-11-2007, 07:15 PM
The Almighty Chicago White Sox are the only team in MLB who know how to put together intro music.

thomas35forever
05-11-2007, 11:38 PM
They should be embarrassed. George must love the song.....

It is bad enough at Kane County
It's even worse at Wolves games. This group of guys sitting near center ice dance in the aisles during the second period, when that song usually comes on.

comerica
05-11-2007, 11:58 PM
I also cringe whenever brandon inge is on deck, in anticipation of the horrible nu-metal style crap he always picks as his intro song. Conversely, for a while he used the song "ridin' dirty" which seemed like such a bizzare pick for him that I had to love it.

HotelWhiteSox
05-12-2007, 12:12 AM
Last year during the playoffs, I heard them use that 'Everybody Clap Your Hands' Chacha slide song at Shea, I hated that, but thought it fit well with the blaring sound system nature of NY ballparks. I think I heard it at the Cell this year :(:

I hated that one song, "Bad Day" by Daniel something, I was hearing it everywhere last year, but thought it was kind of funny when it was played when the opposing pitcher got knocked around and was getting a mound visit (either Shea or Atlanta)

WhiteSox5187
05-12-2007, 01:08 AM
WHen I worked at Wrigley, for the first hour the gates were open they would play a CD and it wasn't awful, but it wasn't great and then an hour before game time they would stop the CD and say "Now fans for your listening pleasure, he's Gary Pressy and his organ." And time seemed to screech to a halt. It was awful. Listening to "We Will Rock You" on the organ, the song just seems to lose any chance of intimidation.

ComiskeyBrewer
05-12-2007, 01:26 AM
After a win, the Brewers used to play "we're not gonna take it". By Twisted Sister. Never really understood that one.

chitownhawkfan
05-12-2007, 02:23 AM
Cotton Eye Joe is horrible. And I'm not sure if this qualifies as a song but the clip I always hate hearing is the little ten seconds of Harry Belafonte yelling "DAYO" and the fans respond. That really drives me crazy.

comerica
05-12-2007, 02:27 AM
Cotton Eye Joe is horrible. And I'm not sure if this qualifies as a song but the clip I always hate hearing is the little ten seconds of Harry Belafonte yelling "DAYO" and the fans respond. That really drives me crazy.

though I mentioned another song earlier, I must say that Cotton Eyed Joe is appallingly bad.

ILuvThatDuck
05-12-2007, 06:59 AM
Any place that is still playing "Who let the Dogs Out?" needs to be burned to the ground. :angry:

Fenway
05-12-2007, 08:14 AM
Any place that is still playing "Who let the Dogs Out?" needs to be burned to the ground. :angry:

We can blame the Mets for that.

Fenway has to stop playing "U Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer

and gee playing "Wild Thing" when Papelbon comes out is SOOOOOOOOOO original

and New York is supposed to be the most sophisticated city???? I really feel bad for the groundscrew that has to perform to YMCA every game....

N9GIv0jaXuM

itsnotrequired
05-12-2007, 09:05 AM

The Sox played it last night during the XM contest...but it was Dog Day.:D:

itsnotrequired
05-12-2007, 09:06 AM

Have you ever heard the original version? It sounds like Loony Tunes.

Fenway
05-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Have you ever heard the original version? It sounds like Loony Tunes.

It used to be on line from the National Library of Canada but too many Red Sox fans swarmed the site they took it down.

DKM's version is in every jukebox in the city ( along with Sweet Caroline )