PDA

View Full Version : Dog Day (Night) is tonight

DaveIsHere
05-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Tonight is Dog day, who else is bringing their pooch?

Hopefully I can make it through the game as I am really tired:(:

infohawk
05-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Ah, so no fireworks tonight. Don't want to upset the pooches! I'd love to bring my dogs to dog day, but it's a three hour drive there and back. Not gonna happen.:smile:

Scottiehaswheels
05-11-2007, 02:14 PM
It's also "Sox Drive" tonight... Got an email from my rep... Bring a package of NEW socks for abused and underprivilaged kids and get a raffle ticket for a chance at autographed Sox stuff... Gates 3&5 for those interested...

ws05champs
05-11-2007, 05:04 PM
I'll be there but not with my dogs. They would just spend the entire game trying to provoke a fight with the other dogs.

WisSoxFan
05-11-2007, 05:07 PM
It's also "Sox Drive" tonight... Got an email from my rep... Bring a package of NEW socks for abused and underprivilaged kids and get a raffle ticket for a chance at autographed Sox stuff... Gates 3&5 for those interested...

Is there an address you can send some socks to as I will not be attending the game, but would like to help out.

Thanks in advance.

Mr.1Dog
05-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Going to the game but no pooch tonight.

The Immigrant
05-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Tonight is also the Midwest get-together hosted by deadspin.com. Their tickets sold out faster than the dog section.

Scottiehaswheels
05-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Is there an address you can send some socks to as I will not be attending the game, but would like to help out.

Thanks in advance.
Here is word for word the email I got from my rep...

THE ALLIANCE FOR THE CHILDREN HOLD “SOX DRIVE”
AT U.S. CELLULAR FIELD

WHAT: The Alliance for the Children has teamed up with the
Chicago White Sox to host a “sox drive” at U.S. Cellular Field. The
program encourages fans to donate packages of new socks that will be
delivered to abused and underprivileged children. Fans that donate socks
will receive a raffle ticket from the Alliance for the Children for a
chance to win memorabilia and merchandise autographed by a number of
famous athletes. The socks can be dropped off at bins located by gates 3
and 5 of the ballpark prior to the White Sox vs. Kansas City Royals
game on May 11.

WHO: The Alliance for the Children, a non-profit
organization, which has given over $115 million to abused and underprivileged
children since 1988. Chicago White Sox fans.

WHEN: Friday, May 11, 2007
5:30 p.m. – 7:11 p.m.

WHERE: U.S. Cellular Field
Gates 3 and 5
333 W. 35th Street
Chicago, IL 60616

Viva Medias B's
05-11-2007, 11:46 PM
I wish I could have brought my 12-year-old border collie, but I'm afraid I'd never get her away from the concession stand. There were 502 canine White Sox fans on hand tonight and at least one accident on the concourse in left center.

chitownhawkfan
05-12-2007, 03:13 AM
Not to sound like a grump, but can the Sox finally can all of these garbage minor league promotions. Mullet night, dog night, 70's night, elvis night. They are seriously embarassing.

CHISOXFAN13
05-12-2007, 03:21 AM
Not to sound like a grump, but can the Sox finally can all of these garbage minor league promotions. Mullet night, dog night, 70's night, elvis night. They are seriously embarassing.

Dog Day and Elivis Night are two of, if not, the most popular promotions of the season.

So why?

ewokpelts
05-12-2007, 04:03 AM
Not to sound like a grump, but can the Sox finally can all of these garbage minor league promotions. Mullet night, dog night, 70's night, elvis night. They are seriously embarassing.um...cuz fans LIKE them? and the media eats it up? nothing beats good press, even if it's a flying elvis.

TomBradley72
05-12-2007, 08:01 AM

You sound like a grump.

A pre-Memorial Day Friday night game...what's the harm?

Viva Medias B's
05-12-2007, 09:48 AM

You sound like a Cub fan complaining about our promotions.

:dtroll:

Fenway
05-12-2007, 09:50 AM

I went to Dog Day 3 years ago and had a blast walking in the bleachers.

Fenway doesn't do promotions....

IlliniSox4Life
05-12-2007, 09:53 AM

And while they're at it, why don't they stop offering discounts, charge even more for concessions and stop upgrading the park. It's almost like they are trying to be fan friendly.

itsnotrequired
05-12-2007, 10:01 AM

Offical dog attendance last night was 502. I have to imagine there would be 2000 dogs in there if the Sox allowed it.

vegyrex
05-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Not to sound like a grump

You mean Grinch. You're a nasty one, Mr. Grinch. :D:

Gavin
05-12-2007, 10:57 AM
You can pry Elvis Night from my cold, dead hands.

HITMEN OF 77
05-12-2007, 11:15 AM

Promotions like these are part of White Sox history dating back to the BV days. There fun times to be at the ball park. And how can you not love Hawk wearing his mullet??

ewokpelts
05-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Promotions like these are part of White Sox history dating back to the BV days. There fun times to be at the ball park. And how can you not love Hawk wearing his mullet??

:hawk

He Business in the Front, Part in the back!

05-12-2007, 01:04 PM

Almost every team has a dog night. Your just a grump. Are you pissed you couldn't bring your cat?

05-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Anyone take a picture?

Iwritecode
05-12-2007, 02:27 PM

Do you always speak in 3rd person? :cool:

ChiSox Fan 68
05-12-2007, 03:10 PM
Anyone take a picture?

I took pictures: http://albums.photoshow.net/Show?id=1057259-qjmkuukg

I thought this was the best Dog Day yet. We had a great section - everyone was having so much fun. And even though this was our fourth Dog Day, it was still a thrill to walk on the field during the dog parade. The little Yorkie in front of us was shaking - she was very scared and overwhelmed by everything. I was sure glad that they didn't set off the fireworks - that would have done her in!

chitownhawkfan
05-19-2007, 04:38 AM
You sound like a Cub fan complaining about our promotions.

:dtroll:

You got me, I don't like Mullet Night so I must be a cubs fan.

ewokpelts
05-19-2007, 12:50 PM
You got me, I don't like Mullet Night so I must be a cubs fan.The First step is admitting your problem.....