PDA

View Full Version : Gammons on White Sox ST pitching

hold2dibber
03-27-2002, 07:20 PM
I don't know if this is good or bad, but for whatever it's worth, Boston says not to worry about the Sox ST pitching woes:

http://espn.go.com/gammons/s/2002/0327/1359093.html

Daver
03-27-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
I don't know if this is good or bad, but for whatever it's worth, Boston says not to worry about the Sox ST pitching woes:

http://espn.go.com/gammons/s/2002/0327/1359093.html

I would say it means nothinig either way,the only thing Gammons knows is that his face is on the nickel.

MisterB
03-27-2002, 07:44 PM
I remember back around '92 Gammons saying something to the effect of...

:boston
"Yeah, Frank Thomas is OK, but Phil Plantier will be the next Ted Williams!"

So take his comments with an appropriate amount of sodium... :)

RKMeibalane
03-27-2002, 09:15 PM
I remember that guy. He hit out of the deepest crouch I've ever seen. He was practicaly sitting on the ground in the batter's box. He was so hunched over that one could not refer to his style as a batting stance, simply because he wasn't standing.

Gammons doesn't know as much as he thinks he does. The Sox are getting hammered worse than any other team right now. It's more than just the lighter air in Arizona. Their pitching is weak, extremely weak. When a team has one starter who has a good chance at winning double-figure games, that is the sign of a weak staff, which is what the Sox have. There's no reason to deny that the Sox need to accquire a pitcher or two- but not from the Pirates. I'm tired of seeing Williams trade away prospects for worthless players who will never amount to anything.

Pete_SSAC
03-27-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
When a team has one starter who has a good chance at winning double-figure games, that is the sign of a weak staff, which is what the Sox have.

So... ummm, what pitcher is it? Ritchie or Buehrle?

Whoops, I wasn't supposed to say that, I was I?

- Pete