PDA

View Full Version : Cubs screw thier fans...again.

ewokpelts
05-10-2007, 12:42 PM
The Cubs just announced the makeup date for the snowed out astros game.
And what do they do to the ticketholders that had tix for that game? Cancel the tickets.

See, the April 11th game was a "value date", with group tickets as cheap as $5. NOW, they're going to charge the "premeire" rate(same as cubs/cards or sox/cubs) for the game. $19 will get you in the door now. Oh, and it's anight game too, so they'll sell more beer on a warm june night than a frosty april day.

What really irks me is that I actually had tickets to this game. The only people that'll get replacement tickets are full season holders. Even partial plans got the shaft, as they got a cash refund for thier tickets. Just so that the tribsters can make even more money off thier fans.

I hope they're in last place by June 11th.

Here's the presser:
http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20070509&content_id=1955028&vkey=pr_chc&fext=.jsp&c_id=chc

WizardsofOzzie
05-10-2007, 12:46 PM
All other fans holding a ticket from the April 11 postponement are eligible for a refund or may exchange that ticket's value towards a ticket for any future Cubs game, pending availability, including the June 11 make-up game.

I don't know the availability of Cub tickets these days, but couldn't they just go on another "value" day?

Iwritecode
05-10-2007, 12:47 PM
The Cubs just announced the makeup date for the snowed out astros game.
And what do they do to the ticketholders that had tix for that game? Cancel the tickets.

See, the April 11th game was a "value date", with group tickets as cheap as $5. NOW, they're going to charge the "premeire" rate(same as cubs/cards or sox/cubs) for the game. $19 will get you in the door now. Oh, and it's anight game too, so they'll sell more beer on a warm june night than a frosty april day.

What really irks me is that I actually had tickets to this game. The only people that'll get replacement tickets are full season holders. Even partial plans got the shaft, as they got a cash refund for thier tickets. Just so that the tribsters can make even more money off thier fans.

I hope they're in last place by June 11th.

Here's the presser:
http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20070509&content_id=1955028&vkey=pr_chc&fext=.jsp&c_id=chc

I know somebody that complained about the Soxfest tickets being more expensive and harder to get this year. They complained about the Sox "screwing their fans". My only reply was "It could be worse, we could be Cubs fans."

This just proves my point. Unbelievable.

ewokpelts
05-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Update: The cubs are offering half price tickets to this game to thier online fan club members. I was given this info by my cub fan boss. With teh discount code, it's only slightly a ripoff. and tickets.com get all the fees, as opposed to fee free box office.