PDA

View Full Version : Does KW ask JM...

Paulwny
03-27-2002, 07:18 PM
for input on possible trades or does KW go it alone? Or, possibly JR has the final say?

Jerry_Manuel
03-27-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
for input on possible trades or does KW go it alone? Or, possibly JR has the final say?

One would think he would talk any trade over with the manager. I think Reinsdorf only gets involved in big money, big names trades.

Perhaps Daver knows. :redneck

Paulwny
03-27-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

One would think he would talk any trade over with the manager. I think Reinsdorf only gets involved in big money, big names trades.

So along with KW, JM should get some heat for agreeing to the deals.
With JR, there will never again be a big $$$ trade unless we're dumping $$$$.

Daver
03-27-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Kenny has control of baseball operations,from making deals to scouting draft picks,JM does get to offer his opinion on the teams needs,or what he feels the team could use,and he would be included on player evaluation.

JR is consulted when a deal is going to put the team over its operating budget for the year,as was the case with the Erstad trade,giving him a contract extension would have put them overbudget for 2002.

Jerry_Manuel
03-27-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by daver
Kenny has control of baseball operations,from making deals to scouting draft picks,JM does get to offer his opinion on the teams needs,or what he feels the team could use,and he would be included on player evaluation.

JR is consulted when a deal is going to put the team over its operating budget for the year,as was the case with the Erstad trade,giving him a contract extension would have put them overbudget for 2002.

Good info, Daver.