PDA

View Full Version : Alex Cintron

nwINsoxfan
05-09-2007, 12:45 PM
First let me say hello to all. New member, but been reading this board for awhile and love every minute of it!!

Alex Cintron.......does anyone else cringe when he comes up to the plate?? I think to myself "automatic out" when he comes up. That first at bat last night for him was the absolute WORST AB i have ever seen in my life. All season I see him up there he either 1. strikes out on balls in the dirt" or 2. gets his third strike on a high heater......he just looks clueless up there. I know ozzie is all about resting players and keeping the bench fresh, but come on. Uribe is like our best player right now. I know he was out because of family problems, but he was available last night. you cant keep playing this "lefty righty" game. its obviously not working considering the whole team can't hit. But uribe has been hitting "decent" for our team. He needs to be out there right now during this crucial time. we're already falling way behind in the division and the other teams in the division are winning game after game. we cant afford to fall behind 7-8 games this early right now. you don't see jeter or tejada taking the nights off. when the season moves on, and we're towards first places or 1-2 games back, we can rest players. especially since we'll have pods and big jim back....but right now.....cintron needs to sit down.....

skottyj242
05-09-2007, 12:47 PM
He is going through some personal issues right now.

balke
05-09-2007, 12:50 PM
This pretty much already has a thread.

I didn't like his play last night, but he's not as bad as I said he was in that other thread. He just looked awful last night. A bad defensive turn, the second I've seen lately. And at the plate... he's gonna twist an ankle striking out.

rdwj
05-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Alex Cintron.......does anyone else cringe when he comes up to the plate??

I pretty much cringe when any of our guys are at the plate these days.

nevr say dye sox
05-09-2007, 01:13 PM
I said this last week under antoher thread. Our whole bench sucks! KW must improve bench in the off season. After posting this last week, everyone jumped saying our bench is not suppose to play everyday! Well I hope everyone is enjoying watching Cintron play! He sucks, and there's a reson Arizona got rid of him!

FedEx227
05-09-2007, 01:17 PM
But the reason we all said that is because it remains true Cintron has been playing everyday when Uribe was a away from the team. Thus, a bench player is being turned into an everyday player. Once Uribe gets back into the lineup today, we will hopefully Cintron will be used a bit less.

Again though, our bench is not bad, in fact its one of the better ones in the league. Unfortunately when our bench becomes our starting OF, starting SS and DH then there's a big difference.

itsnotrequired
05-09-2007, 01:21 PM
I said this last week under antoher thread. Our whole bench sucks! KW must improve bench in the off season. After posting this last week, everyone jumped saying our bench is not suppose to play everyday! Well I hope everyone is enjoying watching Cintron play! He sucks, and there's a reson Arizona got rid of him!

So KW should have a bench composed of regular, everyday starters. Seems like an easy plan to implement.

:rolleyes:

nevr say dye sox
05-09-2007, 01:24 PM
If our bench is good, then I would really hate to see bad! What does it say for our farm system that there is nobody who could come up and dop better, than Mackowiak, Cintron, and Ozuna. I see white flag coming shortly!

GregO23
05-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Our bench has been our bright spot the last couple years with these same players. Cintron will be alright, he just looks terrible when he plays everyday. Im sure he will coem around. I just cant wait until we get Toby Hall back from injury so we can send down the defensive Gustavo. Does he even have a hit yet? :mad: If anything, Mackowiak, is the one who makes me cringe when he comes up

FedEx227
05-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Um, okay? Out of everything that's wrong with the White Sox thus far you're pointing to our bench?

Chicken Dinner
05-09-2007, 01:27 PM
If our bench is good, then I would really hate to see bad! What does it say for our farm system that there is nobody who could come up and dop better, than Mackowiak, Cintron, and Ozuna. I see white flag coming shortly!

BA is about ready. :D:

tstrike2000
05-09-2007, 01:32 PM
When the team batting avg. is hovering around .220, that points to other people than just Cintron. I personally like Cintron and think he can be an everyday player if given enough at bats, but he's just a small piece of the problem. Other than injuries, when you have Dye and Konerko batting just above .200 and below .200 respectively, they're not driving guys in, even if there is someone on base. Like someone else said, I've been cringing watching just about any of our guys up at bat right now.

nevr say dye sox
05-09-2007, 01:36 PM
I'm as frustrated as any, but to continue to say as soon as the bats turn around will be fine! I'm starting to believe it isn't going to happen this year!

soxfanatlanta
05-09-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm as frustrated as any, but to continue to say as soon as the bats turn around will be fine! I'm starting to believe it isn't going to happen this year!

Look at their career numbers and tell me that they will continue to perform this poorly at the plate. Even if they don't hit near their average, I truly believe that they won't be a .220 team throughout the whole damn season. Is it possible that they scrape the bottom of the barrel and end up 10+ games out of first by the ASB? Yes, it is. Is it probable? I really, really doubt it.

I'm not a kool aid drinker here, but I have faith it will get better.

MISoxfan
05-09-2007, 02:01 PM

Alex Cintron is a career .277 hitter, Mackowiak is a career .260 hitter, Ozuna is a career .285 hitter!

Its not like these are old guys on the downside of their careers either. We have one of the better benches in baseball. We're talking about a combined 120 at bats so far this season, those numbers will improve.

:dtroll:

Chez
05-09-2007, 02:02 PM

So the reason the Sox are mired in 4th place is because the Twins can trot out Luis Rodriguez, Jason Kubel and Josh Rabe; the Tribe's bench is packed with Mike Rouse, Franklin Gutierrez and Jason Michaels; and the Tigers have Omar Infante, Marcus Thames and Neifi Perez (!) waiting in the wings?

Sorry, I'm not buying it.

skottyj242
05-09-2007, 02:07 PM
I miss Ross Gload.

roadrunner
05-09-2007, 04:21 PM
So the reason the Sox are mired in 4th place is because the Twins can trot out Luis Rodriguez, Jason Kubel and Josh Rabe; the Tribe's bench is packed with Mike Rouse, Franklin Gutierrez and Jason Michaels; and the Tigers have Omar Infante, Marcus Thames and Neifi Perez (!) waiting in the wings?

Sorry, I'm not buying it.

Count me as a would be complainer of our bench. You bring up a good point, however, those benches do not impress me. While our bench hasn't produced it's no worse than any other team. You gotta look at heart of the order production differences to find the reason the Sox are mired in 4th place.

Chicken Dinner
05-09-2007, 04:27 PM
At least Timo's not sitting on it. :smile: