PDA

View Full Version : Hall and Thome to go on rehab assignments at Charlotte

WizardsofOzzie
05-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Even as his rehab process continued to take gradual steps forward, after he suffered a torn right labrum while diving for a ground ball while playing first base on March 25, the good days and bad days Hall experienced slightly clouded his optimism. But those doubts, amazingly, will be put through their final test, possibly as soon as this weekend, when Hall joins Triple-A Charlotte for a Minor League rehab assignment. Jim Thome, currently on the 15-day disabled list with a strain in his right ribcage, will be joining Hall in Charlotte.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070508&content_id=1953364&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws&partnered=rss_cws

I hope they are really ready to go because we could sure use them both

balke
05-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Wow. Good news, it does seem strange Hall can come back so fast though.

HotelWhiteSox
05-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Comcast said we could probably expect Thome by the Yankee series, and Hall a little later than that

skottyj242
05-09-2007, 01:40 PM
S.O.S. We need help.

WhiteSox5187
05-09-2007, 03:04 PM
If we can take two out of three from the Twins and sweep KC, we'll be sitting pretty when Mr. Thome comes back.

soxfanatlanta
05-09-2007, 03:07 PM
I am looking forward to getting Thome back in the lineup and get this O going. I am concerned about Hall though; when he makes it back, you know everybody is going to test his arm by attempting to steal second, and third. How is that TL going to hold up against would be base runners?

thedudeabides
05-09-2007, 03:13 PM
I am looking forward to getting Thome back in the lineup and get this O going. I am concerned about Hall though; when he makes it back, you know everybody is going to test his arm by attempting to steal second, and third. How is that TL going to hold up against would be base runners?

I would guess he'll start by catching Buehrle.

soxfanatlanta
05-09-2007, 03:15 PM
I would guess he'll start by catching Buehrle.

That would help. :smile:

GregO23
05-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Toby Hall should go up against lefties. Isnt that the reason why we got him? I hate having Catchers catch for one pitcher, especially when Toby Hall hasnt even caught a reglar season game yet.

dwalteroo
05-09-2007, 04:25 PM
They better be patient with Hall's return - there's no need to rush him. We don't want him to reinjure a la Pods.

IceczMan
05-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Toby Hall should go up against lefties. Isnt that the reason why we got him? I hate having Catchers catch for one pitcher, especially when Toby Hall hasnt even caught a reglar season game yet.

I'm pretty sure what Thedudeabides meant was that Hall should start out by catching Buehrle because of his pick off move and being able to hold runners, not necessarily that he always catch just for buehrle. Something to transition him into because of his arm.

jabrch
05-09-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm pretty sure what Thedudeabides meant was that Hall should start out by catching Buehrle because of his pick off move and being able to hold runners, not necessarily that he always catch just for buehrle. Something to transition him into because of his arm.

If he isn't healthy, he shouldn't be playing. If he is healthy, it shouldn't much matter who the pitcher is holding runners. It's not like AJ is a great defensive catcher.

thedudeabides
05-09-2007, 04:56 PM
If he isn't healthy, he shouldn't be playing. If he is healthy, it shouldn't much matter who the pitcher is holding runners. It's not like AJ is a great defensive catcher.

When he gets back his arm isn't going to be 100%. I don't like assigning a backup catcher to a pitcher, but it'll help in the beginning to catch Buehrle or Garland.

NSSoxFan
05-09-2007, 06:22 PM
I hope they aren't rushing either of them, but especially Thome. I would rather go .500 in the next two to three weeks to ensure that he will be 100% through September and potentially October.

JB98
05-09-2007, 06:25 PM
I hope they aren't rushing either of them, but especially Thome. I would rather go .500 in the next two to three weeks to ensure that he will be 100% through September and potentially October.

No question. I don't believe we can make the playoffs without a healthy, productive Thome. Jim is ESSENTIAL to our hopes.