PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 5-8 Bullpen Pissed It Away Postgame Thread

Pages : [1] 2

thomas35forever
05-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Absolutely awful. Javy wastes a good outing.

chisoxmike
Maybe we're just not good. :dunno:

kevingrt
Why no Jenks?

Chi Dye
I stayed up to see that?

HITMEN OF 77
Way too many pitchers used. &(*&)=+&%$)*&^& !!!! :angry:

ShoelessJoeS
Great effort by Vazquez tonight...

I wish I could say the same for the bullpen.

slobes
On a night where we actually have good starting pitching and we score some runs, the bullpen still gives it up. super.

Navarro's Talent
05-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Poor, Javy. He really deserved a win today.

I HATE THE TWINS!!!

whitesoxfan
Javy wastes a good outing? You mean the bullpen wasted a good outing by Javy.

Just ****ing brutal. A 3 run lead in the 8th is gone in the blink of an eye. That really sucked ass.

CHISOXFAN13

Hard to argue with that. You can't lose games like this. Up three with six outs to go and the reigning AL batting champ on the shelf, and we lose 7-4.

What a ****ing joke.

munchman33

Sure looks that way...

PeoriaSoxFan
Why no Jenks?

I agree 100%. Why let a rookie pitch against the reigning MVP, when all you need is 1 out to get out of the inning? That just sucked.

WhiteSox5187
God dammit you talk about pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Mike MacDougal...ugh...I'm very upset. A gem by Javy absolutely wasted, absolutely wasted. Unbelievable. The ump certainly didn't help, but MacDougal is the one who lost this game for us. Sickening. We gotta win tommorrow. We gotta.

05-08-2007, 10:25 PM
what the ****...

DickAllen72
Never underestimate the Minnesota Twins.

whitesoxfan

Well we're about to be 5 1/2 games out of 1st.

AJ Hellraiser
This is going to be an extremely LONG summer of never being in the division race... call me a dark cloud if you want, i don't care... this isn't a TEAM... a team clicks on all cylinders... we don't hit, when we do hit we don't pitch (starters or bullpen)... the Sox find ways to lose games on a consistent basis instead of finding ways to win... to top it off, they are extremely boring and painful to watch for the first time in years... I'm just so sad right now....

:whiner: :angry: :whiner:

BanditJimmy
On a night where we actually have good starting pitching and we score some runs, the bullpen still gives it up. super.

The offense blew a boat load of opportunties tonight with RISP, so all is not great with the offense still.

Kwrubac
05 we would have won that game...ah good ol baseball such a fickle sport...oh well go out there tomorrow and get a W

Law11
05-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Starting to realize my evenings are better spent doing something constructive instead of being glued to the TV every single night.

This flat out is sick..

ChicagoHoosier
Hate to pile on this suckfest, but just feel that we were getting some momentum, winning the last two in LA, then coming here and getting a 3 run lead and could close out a division rival, then let blow it.

So many frustrating games, but I feel we need to get one back now.

CHIsoxNation
I agree 100%. Why let a rookie pitch against the reigning MVP, when all you need is 1 out to get out of the inning? That just sucked.

I just don't understand why Ozzie felt the need to use everyone in the pen except for Jenks and Logan in less than 3 innings. I just don't think Ozzie knows how to use a bullpen.

A.T. Money
I had to come on the computer just to check today's date. I couldn't tell if this was 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, etc....

Seems like we play games like this vs. the Twins every year. When, just when will we go a year without having them win a game in walkoff?

HotelWhiteSox
I had a weird feeling when McDougal came in

Damn KC Royals ****ed us over.

cbotnyse
man these games hurt.

itsnotrequired
05-08-2007, 10:27 PM
I predict epic things from this postgame thread.

WhiteSox5187
This team is in serious danger of rolling over and dying. We just look like horse ****. I'm sorry to swear, but there's no two ways about it...this was just disgusting. If we lose this series against Minnesota, we will be in serious serious trouble.

SoxSpeed22
I'd take a kick in the skull over losing to these ****s this way.

BanditJimmy
I HATE THE TWINS!!!

I HATE THE SOX ! right now.

CHISOXFAN13
And let's not let Iguchi off the hook here either. The bullpen sucked, but he agve the Twins a gift with a miserable throw to lead off the eighth.

Horrendous.

slowlearner

Unfortunately, I think that may be it. :mad:

SoxxoS
I dont even know why there are post game threads after a loss b/c it brings out so many clowns - Get a grip...Its May 8th - Not September 8th.

Realize that if this WAS September 8th and we were 5.5 out we would still think we have a mathematical chance. For you non-math majors - that is 4 ****ING MONTHS AWAY.

Brian26
Starting to realize my evenings are better spent doing something constructive instead of being glued to the TV every single night.

This flat out is sick..

Plenty of time to jump off the bandwagon.

Make sure you're back in October to whine and bitch because you can't get playoff tickets.

cbotnyse
05-08-2007, 10:28 PM
I predict epic things from this postgame thread.you say that every loss.

kevingrt

Like 15+ pages epic.

itsnotrequired
God dammit you talk about pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Mike MacDougal...ugh...I'm very upset. A gem by Javy absolutely wasted, absolutely wasted. Unbelievable. The ump certainly didn't help, but MacDougal is the one who lost this game for us. Sickening. We gotta win tommorrow. We gotta.

To pin a loss on one player is idiotic.

Navarro's Talent
At least, they got some nice hits today.

Still, that won't matter much if the pitching starts to dwindle. Let's hope the bullpen can bounce back tomorrow. The pitching's been there most of the season, so it's hard for me to just lose faith in the bullpen right now.

WhiteSox5187
This is going to be an extremely LONG summer of never being in the division race... call me a dark cloud if you want, i don't care... this isn't a TEAM... a team clicks on all cylinders... we don't hit, when we do hit we don't pitch (starters or bullpen)... the Sox find ways to lose games on a consistent basis instead of finding ways to win... to top it off, they are extremely boring and painful to watch for the first time in years... I'm just so sad right now....

:whiner: :angry: :whiner:
I think I'm still in post game shock, but I'm starting to think that way too. We suck and we need to turn it around tommorrow.

itsnotrequired
you say that every loss.

I'm like a modern day Kreskin.

soxfan123
05-08-2007, 10:29 PM
That is what we call an average team.

RowanDye
I have to stop watching this team for a while...:gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp:

ShoelessJoeS
I predict epic things from this postgame thread.Epic? I doubt it. More of the same seems about right, though.

Thome25

It's starting to look like we're just a mediocre team. It's been one heartbreak after another so far this year.

High expectations so far seem like they're all for naught. Are we sure it's not 1984 all over again? or 2001? Or 2006? Seem like this season is headed in the same direction those were.:angry: :angry: :angry:

I hope I'm wrong.

I'm tired of getting beat by those hacks in Minnesota. I hate Morneau!!

sox1970
I'd gladly trade Sunday's game for tonight's. When you lose against a division rival, you lose two games. Just brutal.

SoxxoS
And one more thing - Joe Borowski and his 7.XX ERA is the closer for the Indians. Just keep that in mind.

ZombieRob
Add on to that why not walk Hunter and let Hunter beat you.That one is on Ozzaroo.The Dye postion on Bartletts double can't say whos fault that was,but Dye needs to play deep that late in the game.

Brian26

Agreed.

:club:

Patrick134
That is what we call an average team.

That's what we call a below-average post.

WhiteSox5187
05-08-2007, 10:30 PM
To pin a loss on one player is idiotic.
You're right, it was the whole bullpen, they looked awful tonight. We might be in for a looooong summer.

Jerko
I'm not against not using Jenks, but maybe if we don't intentionally walk 2 batters, one of which was the awesome Punto, Morneau may not bat in the 10th.

Brian26
Well we're about to be 5 1/2 games out of 1st.

Gosh, no team's ever come back from a deficit like that.

ChiSox4Life
So does anyone expect Kenny to make any moves here shortly?? We are digging ourselves a hole quickly! This sucks!:angry: :angry:

Frater Perdurabo
Yes, the bullpen totally imploded tonight.

Honorable mention to Ozzie for his typically predictable bullpen management.

Even though the Sox scored four runs, their overall approach at the plate is awful.

Twins hitters don't swing at balls. They foul off marginal pitches. They work the count. They protect the plate. They don't do stupid things with the bat. Why can't the Sox hitters do this?

It seems to me it's one of three possibilities: Either the coaching is bad, or the hitters don't listen to the coaches, or their organizational philosophy regarding hitting is poor.

JB98
05-08-2007, 10:31 PM
I left the gamethread in the ninth inning. I knew what was coming.

It's a goddamn good thing Ozzie used Matt Thornton to retire just one batter, Luis Castillo of all people, in the eighth. I'm still waiting for Ozzie to wake up and realize Matt is the second-best reliever on this team behind Jenks.

He is not a situational lefty. Don't blow him on just one batter, for Christ's sake.

This one is all on Ozzie and his mismanagement of the bullpen.

I dont even know why there are post game threads after a loss b/c it brings out so many clowns - Get a grip...Its May 8th - Not September 8th.

Realize that if this WAS September 8th and we were 5.5 out we would still think we have a mathematical chance. For you non-math majors - that is 4 ****ING MONTHS AWAY.

Wins and losses count just as much on May 8th as September 8th...

Law11
How the hell do you blow a 3 run lead after only giving them 4 hits going into the 8th...

This team could be buried by the time interleague starts next week if they dont get their heads out of the dirt NOW.

itsnotrequired
05-08-2007, 10:32 PM
You're right, it was the whole bullpen, they looked awful tonight. We might be in for a looooong summer.

Aardsma looked good. MacDougal was the only one who really struggled but he had some sick movement on his pitches. Hunter hacking way out of the zone? I mean, what can you do?

PeoriaSoxFan
Melton is right, our bullpen is always in trouble. They need to start pitching ahead in the count.

Looking back, this always seems to happen in the Twinkie Dome. It still doesn't make it feel any better tonight. Lets start over tomorrow night and get 2 out of three.

Oh, and Jermaine Dye, attention....the regular season has started, please begin hitting. Tell Paulie too. Exhibit A: Justin Morneau, watch and learn how you should be stepping up.

CHISOXFAN13
I was a little surprised we'd take a chance with Morneau in that spot. I know you don't want to load the bases, but Id sure rather face Cirillo in that situation.

Brian26
I just don't think Ozzie knows how to use a bullpen.

Right. He did terrible in the 2005 World Series when Politte, Cotts and Jenks melted down on him. He should have never let Jenks face Bagwell.

kidmccarthy
Its still early and I hope we can pull this division out, but too many more games like this, and its bye bye buerhle and dye. This division is just too tough to lose games like this on a regular basis.

ZombieRob
So does anyone expect Kenny to make any moves here shortly?? We are digging ourselves a hole quickly! This sucks!:angry: :angry:
If were double digits out by the deadline...yes

MushMouth
Walk Morneau there maybe?

MVP?

2 outs? Runners essentially meaningless...

thomas35forever
I'm reading this thread and I hope you're all wrong about this being a mediocre team that had one lucky year. I'm as upset as everyone here, but I hope nobody is giving up on the entire season. You wanna jump off the bandwagon? Fine. I'm not giving up hope for awhile yet.

Navarro's Talent
05-08-2007, 10:33 PM

It's a goddamn good thing Ozzie used Matt Thornton to retire just one batter, Luis Castillo of all people, in the eighth. I'm still waiting for Ozzie to wake up and realize Matt is the second-best reliever on this team behind Jenks.

He is not a situational lefty. Don't blow him on just one batter, for Christ's sake.

I agree. I was not happy to see Thornton gone so soon. It looks even worse when your team has to go to extra innings and the manager has used up a good portion of the bullpen already.

WhiteSox5187
No, but if the team keeps playing like this it'll be even more...then again, tommorrow we might turn it on and never turn it off. But we need to turn it on ASAP.

kevingrt

I'm thinking he is going to trade Dye, Contreras, PK, maybe Jenks. They are just not coming through right now. I mean Crede was on the trade block until tonight. Tonight's effort really helped his effort. I think if we packaged PK and Dye we could get a good LF prospect or CF prospect in return.

Lukin13
MacDougal is an above average, and maybe even elite setup man. When he gets chewed up by a washed up second string catcher and some piranhas you just have to ........ tip your cap :whiner:.

itsnotrequired
Wins and losses count just as much on May 8th as September 8th...

True but would you be more nervous about being 5.5 back in May or September? Perspective...

ZombieRob
Melton is right, our bullpen is always in trouble. They need to start pitching ahead in the count.

Looking back, this always seems to happen in the Twinkie Dome. It still doesn't make it feel any better tonight. Lets start over tomorrow night and get 2 out of three.

Oh, and Jermaine Dye, attention....the regular season has started, please begin hitting. Tell Paulie too. Exhibit A: Justin Morneau, watch and learn how you should be stepping up.
Add the team captain to that list .

itsnotrequired
I'm thinking he is going to trade Dye, Contreras, PK, maybe Jenks. They are just not coming through right now. I mean Crede was on the trade block until tonight. Tonight's effort really helped his effort. I think if we packaged PK and Dye we could get a good LF prospect or CF prospect in return.

Is this post supposed to be a gag?

Brian26
05-08-2007, 10:34 PM
If we lose this series against Minnesota, we will be in serious serious trouble.

Right, we only have 11 games with them after this series. Certainly not enough games to come back.

PeoriaSoxFan

I still didn't mind the move at the time, but you have a good point. Thornton can pitch to right handers and to more than one batter. I still would have liked to have seen Jenks in there in the end. It was such a mismatch with the rookie going against the MVP, with the winning run on 2nd.

Patrick134
No, but if the team keeps playing like this it'll be even more...then again, tommorrow we might turn it on and never turn it off. But we need to turn it on ASAP.

5.5 isn't insurmountable at the all-star break, so it's a joke to worry about it now.

NSSoxFan

:o::)

Frater Perdurabo

One definition of instanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.

By this definition, when it comes to bullpen management, Ozzie is insane.

kevingrt
Is this post supposed to be a gag?

Some posts require no teal.

cbotnyse
05-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Wins and losses count just as much on May 8th as September 8th...is your username serious?

CHISOXFAN13
05-08-2007, 10:35 PM

The problem is, you aren't chasing one team. Leap frogging that many GOOD teams is not going to be easy if the deficit gets larger. Giving away games like this one is not a good recipe for enjoying a successful run to October.

I still think we will be fine, but this isn't the NL Central.

JB98
05-08-2007, 10:36 PM
I agree. I was not happy to see Thornton gone so soon. It looks even worse when your team has to go to extra innings and the manager has used up a good portion of the bullpen already.

We were left with Sisco and Masset, who hasn't pitched in ages, because Ozzie insists on using three pitchers to get through the goddamn eighth inning.

KW did a nice job with this bullpen over the offseason. Too nice a job, in fact. He gave Ozzie too many toys, and Ozzie just tinkers, tinkers and tinkers some more.

If you're going to waste a lefty on just one batter, use Sisco or Logan. Think we could have used Thornton to face Morneau in the 10th?

Thome25
I'm reading this thread and I hope you're all wrong about this being a mediocre team that had one lucky year. I'm as upset as everyone here, but I hope nobody is giving up on the entire season. You wanna jump off the bandwagon? Fine. I'm not giving up hope for awhile yet.

I'm as die hard as they come...I'll be a White Sox fan until the day I die. But if it waddles and quacks then I'll call it a duck.

As of right now the Sox are looking like a very mediocre team. That DOES NOT mean we can't turn it around though.

kevingrt
is your username serious?

Classic awesomeness huh cbotnyse

PeoriaSoxFan
5.5 isn't insurmountable at the all-star break, so it's a joke to worry about it now.

I just hope the trend gets better. It would be tough to dig out of too big of a hole in this division, but hey, the Twins came back from way down last year. We need to start winning games period.

cbotnyse
05-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Classic awesomeness huh cbotnyseits not bad.

BanditJimmy

Are you kidding me?

So pissing away a sure win versus the division champs who are ahead of you in the standings right now and while your starting pitcher pitched his ass off for 7 innnings and blowing this game does not bother your one bit?

Give me a damn break!

itsnotrequired

Melton lives in a fantasy land.

Dye was hitting below .200 as late as May 16 in 2005. Relax.

Patrick134
I'm as die hard as they come...I'll be a White Sox fan until the day I die. But if it waddles and quacks then I'll call it a duck.

As of right now the Sox are looking like a very mediocre team. That DOES NOT mean we can't turn it around though.

A mediocre team that had the hitting the sox had so far would be 10-19 easy right now.

WhiteSox5187
05-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Right, we only have 11 games with them after this series. Certainly not enough games to come back.
We're not trying to catch Minnesota...remember folks, we won the division in 2005 in large part because we had such a great early start to the season. So when we started to falter a bit we still had a huge lead to protect us. So even if we all of a sudden turn it on in the middle of June or early July, if the Indians have a fifteen game lead over us, we have a lot of work to do and can play at a .750 clip the rest of the year and not make the playoffs.

I'm not jumping ship yet, but this team has yet to show me anything this year. We're losing way too many close games, good teams find ways to win games and we're just not doing that right now.

:tealpolice:

thomas35forever
Are you kidding me?

So pissing away a sure win versus the division champs who are ahead of you in the standings right now and while your starting pitcher pitched his ass off for 7 innnings and blowing this game does not bother your one bit?

Give me a damn break!
:darkclouds:

Law11
I get the fact its early as some posts are saying but at what point when you are 7-8-9 back and having to climb over 3 teams do you say its time to get going.. How long do you keep up the "its early vibe". We're heading into Interleague next week. In my mind the season is in full swing by then..
and we're still playing like its Tuscon...

Brian26
05-08-2007, 10:39 PM
I mean Crede was on the trade block until tonight. Tonight's effort really helped his effort.

And you know this how? And his effort helped what? Get him off the trade block or get more back for him in a trade? And why would you trade a guy when his value is at its lowest anyway? :?:

veeter
And let's not let Iguchi off the hook here either. The bullpen sucked, but he agve the Twins a gift with a miserable throw to lead off the eighth.

Horrendous.Misplay of the game. You get the lead off man and we roll. Iguchi has many mental lapses. And for God sakes why Morneau? Why not put him on? Or use Logan? The start of this season has such a strange feel.

kevingrt
Are you kidding me?

Give me a damn break!

BanditJimmy he very well just might be kidding you. You never know do you?

NSSoxFan
I'm not jumping ship yet, but this team has yet to show me anything this year. We're losing way too many close games, good teams find ways to win games and we're just not doing that right now.

For the love of God, never leave us!

Patrick134
We're not trying to catch Minnesota...remember folks, we won the division in 2005 in large part because we had such a great early start to the season. So when we started to falter a bit we still had a huge lead to protect us. So even if we all of a sudden turn it on in the middle of June or early July, if the Indians have a fifteen game lead over us, we have a lot of work to do and can play at a .750 clip the rest of the year and not make the playoffs.

Who found a way to win sundays sox game ?

SoxxoS

Now if Cleveland had a 15 game lead over us, then I would say we have an issue.

itsnotrequired
Are you kidding me?

Give me a damn break!

They should have called the game after the 7th.

:rolleyes:

cbotnyse
I hate that damn tag.

Hendu
I'm tired of getting beat by those hacks in Minnesota. I hate Morneau!!

I don't mind Morneau, but I'm sick of constantly watching us get beat by the Nick Puntos and Mike Redmonds.

05-08-2007, 10:40 PM
is your username serious?

yeah, it's pretty serious...

kevingrt
Misplay of the game. You get the lead off man and we roll. Iguchi has many mental lapses. And for God sakes why Morneau? Why not put him on? Or use Logan? The start of this season has such a strange feel.

Well in no defense of anyone but if Logan gave up the game winning HR to Morneau we may have broken a record for number of replies in a post game thread.

PeoriaSoxFan
[quote=PeoriaSoxFan;1566354]Melton is right, our bullpen is always in trouble. They need to start pitching ahead in the count.[.quote]

Melton lives in a fantasy land.

That does give me some comfort, but we were 27-12 on that date. I think they will snap out of it, they have to. More than the results, I just don't like the way Dye looks up there right now. He isn't having too many quality at bats. If Dye and Konerko could just get going, these post game threads would be a lot better.

itsnotrequired
And you know this how? And his effort helped what? Get him off the trade block or get more back for him in a trade? And why would you trade a guy when his value is at its lowest anyway? :?:

Because every team is ready to trade RIGHT NOW!

CHISOXFAN13
Misplay of the game. You get the lead off man and we roll. Iguchi has many mental lapses. And for God sakes why Morneau? Why not put him on? Or use Logan? The start of this season has such a strange feel.

Described perfectly. You have to know who is running in that situation. He had plenty of time to get Redmond with a solid throw. And who knows what happens with Mac after that. He pitched poorly, but that play did not help matters.

cbotnyse
05-08-2007, 10:41 PM
I'd like to hear INR get mad after a loss. come on, try it!

Frater Perdurabo
But if it waddles and quacks then I'll call it a duck.

It sure farts like a duck.

If we're going to consider the possibility that the Sox are a mediocre team (debatable), we at least all have to agree that they are playing like a mediocre team. We also have to at least consider the possibility that Ozzie is a mediocre manager. He seems to be a great clubhouse leader, but we could train an ape to manage the bullpen like Ozzie.

When a lefty walks up to bat, the ape would be trained to call on the LH reliever. When the righty walks up to bat, the ape would be trained to call on the RHP. Monkey see, monkey do!

kevingrt
:tealpolice:

I like when people have to think sometimes. Putting it in teal is rather obvious too often. If people take that serious they should really be banned for about 15 minutes.

WhiteSox5187
Now if Cleveland had a 15 game lead over us, then I would say we have an issue.
It's a 5.5 game lead and if we lose tommorow (a big if) it becomes a 6.5 game lead. My point essentially is this: games in May count as much as the ones in September and right now, we're playing like crap.

Brian26

"The Dye experiment must come to an end"

itsnotrequired
05-08-2007, 10:42 PM
I'd like to hear INR get mad after a loss. come on, try it!

Talk to me if this game happened in late September and the Sox were a couple games back.

Jerko
05-08-2007, 10:42 PM
One definition of instanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.

By this definition, when it comes to bullpen management, Ozzie is insane.

You would think he'd notice that by now since he attends every game. I was so happy when he left Javy in in the 7th when DJ announced he was over 100 pitches. Too bad it didn't last any longer. As soon as Redmond beat out that dribbler (nice arm, Iguchi) we were toast. Everybody striking out with 1st and 3rd and one out didn't help either. Can't blame the pitcher for that dribbler but damn, get ahead in the count relievers.......

Brian26
05-08-2007, 10:43 PM
If the Indians have a fifteen game lead over us, we have a lot of work to do and can play at a .750 clip the rest of the year and not make the playoffs.

We're 5.5 games out right now, not 15.

itsnotrequired
05-08-2007, 10:44 PM
"The Dye experiment must come to an end"

Classic threads. I'm surprised no one from WSI tried to punch KW if they saw him in public.

Dye had the last laugh though as the WS MVP trophy rode shotgun in his yellow Cobolt.

SABRSox
I just don't think Ozzie knows how to use a bullpen.

Never did, never will.

JB98
It sure farts like a duck.

If we're going to consider the possibility that the Sox are a mediocre team (debatable), we at least all have to agree that they are playing like a mediocre team. We also have to at least consider the possibility that Ozzie is a mediocre manager. He seems to be a great clubhouse leader, but we could train an ape to manage the bullpen like Ozzie.

When a lefty walks up to bat, the ape would be trained to call on the LH reliever. When the righty walks up to bat, the ape would be trained to call on the RHP. Monkey see, monkey do!

It really irritates me. He wasn't that way his first two years as manager. He started this LaRussa **** last year, and it cost us. It is costing us this year. I didn't disagree with bringing in MacDougal. In fact, that was the right move. But after he struggled, you bring in Thornton and you hope he's the bridge to Jenks. You live with whatever result. And if it doesn't work out, you still have Aardsma for extra innings.

It seems so obvious to me. So obvious. I was so angry about the bullpen move in the eighth that I turned the game off and followed the rest of it on the Web. I knew we were going to lose, and I just didn't want to see the Twins celebrating.

cbotnyse
Talk to me if this game happened in late September and the Sox were a couple games back.I agree I agree I agree...but come on a loss like this to the division champs on the road! we had a 4-1 lead in the 8th! :angry:

Ok I'm over it, I'm going to bed now.

Patrick134

Whatever...if they had a 50 game lead over us, we'd have to win our next 212 games...

fram40
There's nothing wrong with this team ... except the bullpen. That is the 7th blown save in 29 games. I believe they have won two of those games - so that's 5 blown victories.

If they win 4 of those games they are 18 - 11. That's pretty good considering how they have hit. damn good, actually.

Until this team gets people in the bullpen who can be trusted, this team is at best .500.

Jenks is the only guy in the bullpen I trust.

Thorton?? Two blown saves in the first two games? Sisco? Aardsma? Mac? Logan? Masset? The only guy I trust is Masset - and that's only because he is a rookie and has no track record.

Thome25

5.5 might as well be 15 when you're chasing not one but THREE really good teams in your division.

ChicagoG19
05-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Yup, It seems as though Murphy's law was in effect tonight.
I can't believe that when we score four runs, its actually a good offensive night.

itsnotrequired
I agree I agree I agree...but come on a loss like this to the division champs on the road! we had a 4-1 lead in the 8th! :angry:

Ok I'm over it, I'm going to bed now.

Eh, I had some cocktails and have bigger problems in my life right now.

slowlearner

5.5 isn't that bad at the break if you're in second place and 5.5 out, if you're in fourth place and 5.5 out that's a whole different story. You've got to leapfrog three teams.

And the way things look right now, there is no way this team is 5.5 out at the break. I hate to say it, but if they don't straighten things out by the end of May, they're toast.

05-08-2007, 10:46 PM
I like when people have to think sometimes. Putting it in teal is rather obvious too often. If people take that serious they should really be banned for about 15 minutes.

Brian26
We're heading into Interleague next week. In my mind the season is in full swing by then..

The Sox went 14-4 in interleague games last year. :club:

infohawk
That eighth inning was surreal, and typical of so many late game situations against the Twins. Redman gets that weak little 'scuse me tapper and barely beats it out (compare it to Erstad's hard hit groundball that Rincon snagged and recorded for an out). Later in the inning, Hunter gets a pitch up and in, a clear ball, and hits a grounder that somehow finds a whole. I'll agree that MacDougal bit tonight, but I thougt Aardsma pitched well enough to get the hold but for those two hits (tapper and a decent pitch up-and-in). I won't comment on our other relievers only because, as far as I was concerned, the game was all but over after it was tied up. Sorry, but I've seen it happen against the Twins too often to expect otherwise.

I'm convinced that several years ago the Twins put some kind of voodoo spell on the Sox that causes weird things to happen in the late innings. For some reason, I absolutely fear getting through the seventh, eighth and ninth innings against the Twins and I've felt that way since 2001. I don't even fear their line-up. They bleed and dink you to death in those later innings. I've honestly considered not watching the games against the Twins after the sixth inning. Bad, bad things happen.

kevingrt
05-08-2007, 10:47 PM
5.5 might as well be 15 when you're chasing not one but THREE really good teams in your division.

Last time I checked 5.5 game out of first really is 5.5 games. I have never seen a team be 5.5 back but the standings in the paper list 15 games out.

Patrick134

Check out where the 06' twins were at this time last year.

itsnotrequired
5.5 isn't that bad at the break if you're in second place and 5.5 out, if you're in fourth place and 5.5 out that's a whole different story. You've got to leapfrog three teams.

And the way things look right now, there is no way this team is 5.5 out at the break. I hate to say it, but if they don't straighten things out by the end of May, they're toast.

I plan on slitting my wrists later tonight.

5.5 back is 5.5 back. Who cares how many teams are in between? Unless we are talking about the Wild Card, you have to overtake the top, that's it.

Morneau
How far did Morneau hit that ball?

sox1970
05-08-2007, 10:48 PM

I agree to a point. The bottom line is the Sox have 72 important games against their division opponents. When it's in their grasp, they must close. These games are killers no matter if it's April, May, or September.

JB98

You're licking his balls right now. Why don't you just ask him?

itsnotrequired

Why don't you tell us?

:dtroll:

cbotnyse
Eh, I had some cocktails and have bigger problems in my life right now.can you imagine the post game thread if Aa would have thrown that ball away on the intentional walk....now that would have been entertaining. :D:

DrCrawdad
Sox take lead. Sox give away the lead. Seen that movie before. However I sometimes enjoy seeing the same movie over and over again, just not this Twin feature.

thomas35forever
:welcome: ...NOT!!!

PeoriaSoxFan

That actually gave me comfort. Time to retire for the evening with that good thought. There were some positives tonight & the sun will come out tomorrow..............

BanditJimmy
:darkclouds:

Can we make a new rule then:

Every loss can we just start an official thread exclusively for the "dark clouds" like me?

I would prefer to speak to critical thinkers rather than a bunch of kool aide drinkers who find nothing wrong to losing a game where you have an 3 run lead in the 8th inning.

Every damn game counts, I don't care if it is September or if it is May. You wouldn't play 162 of them if they didn't matter.

WhiteSox5187
05-08-2007, 10:49 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry:

cbotnyse
How far did Morneau hit that ball?beat it.

Brian26
I don't mind Morneau, but I'm sick of constantly watching us get beat by the Nick Puntos and Mike Redmonds.

I prefer the Denny Hockings and Dustan Mohrs.

sox1970

Who gives a ****? When have the Sox ever been a second half team? 24 years ago.

Patrick134

I believe it landed right next to where Rincon hides his steroid needles. the twins don't draw enough to worry about people sitting there often.

itsnotrequired
Sox take lead. Sox give away the lead. Seen that movie before. However I sometimes enjoy seeing the same movie over and over again.

I saw five or six prequels earlier in the season called "Starting pitching digs hole, offense claws back to win".

:D:

Brian26
05-08-2007, 10:50 PM
Who sives a ****? When have the Sox ever been a second half team? 24 years ago.

They won 21 of their last 22 games in 2005. September and October occur after the All-Star Break, correct?

Thome25
05-08-2007, 10:50 PM
I plan on slitting my wrists later tonight.

5.5 back is 5.5 back. Who cares how many teams are in between? Unless we are talking about the Wild Card, you have to overtake the top, that's it.

No that isn't it. If you're in a division like the Sox with 3 really good teams ahead of you, then when you win, the 1st, 2nd, AND 3rd place teams have to lose for you to put yourself in an ideal position.

Like it or not, we have to look at one place in the standings at a time. Right now our goal is to get to 3rd place, then second, THEN we can finally worry about winning the division.

In other words the Sox are in a REALLY bad position right now.

JB98
05-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Sox take lead. Sox give away the lead. Seen that movie before. However I sometimes enjoy seeing the same movie over and over again, just not this Twin feature.

Does that fit Frater's definition of insanity? I feel like I'm falling under that definition by following the Sox day-to-day this season.

WhiteSox5187
05-08-2007, 10:51 PM
I saw five or six prequels earlier in the season called "Starting pitching digs hole, offense claws back to win".

:D:
They don't play that movie enough.

itsnotrequired
05-08-2007, 10:52 PM

Every loss can we just start an official thread exclusively for the "dark clouds" like me?

I would prefer to speak to critical thinkers rather than a bunch of kool aide drinkers who find nothing wrong to losing a game where you have an 3 run lead in the 8th inning.

Every damn game counts, I don't care if it is September or if it is May. You wouldn't play 162 of them if they didn't matter.

And you shouldn't freak out because of this. We're not talking about the NFL here.

Critical thinkers? You mean those making statements like "this team is done"? Or how about "5.5 back might as well be 15 back"?

Critical, indeed...

Jerko
05-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Timberwolf what took you so long. :rolleyes:

sox1970
05-08-2007, 10:53 PM
They won 21 of their last 22 games in 2005. September and October occur after the All-Star Break, correct?

16 out of 17, but that's not the point. Very different animal in postseason. I'm talking about them going 55-25 the last 80 just to get in the playoffs. I don't see that happening.

itsnotrequired
No that isn't it. If you're in a division like the Sox with 3 really good teams ahead of you, then when you win, the 1st, 2nd, AND 3rd place teams have to lose for you to put yourself in an ideal position.

Like it or not, we have to look at one place in the standings at a time. Right now our goal is to get to 3rd place, then second, THEN we can finally worry about winning the division.

In other words the Sox are in a REALLY bad position right now.

I've seen worse.

Viva Medias B's
This is the worst kind of loss we could have had.

NSSoxFan
05-08-2007, 10:54 PM
I would prefer to speak to critical thinkers

Really?

I HATE THE SOX ! right now.

Uh huh.

Iguchi, Cintron, and Mackowiak are as automatic outs as there is in baseball right now.

Uh huh.

Dye and Konerko need to get going with RISP, they are like automatic outs right now any time someone is on base.

Clutch 2 out single by Paulie in the 1st inning, but then drew the collar after that.

You're at the top of the list when it comes to the great critical thinkers of WSI!

Patrick134
This is the worst kind of loss we could have had.

Hardly.

cbotnyse
This is the worst kind of loss we could have had.no if Aa threw away the ball in the 9th. That would have been worse.

JB98
05-08-2007, 10:56 PM
I've seen worse.

Yeah, 2001 was worse. Quite a few other years too. But in a lot of those years, I had pretty low expectations.

I keep expecting the Sox to wake up. I hope it happens soon. And I hope somebody slaps our manager for his mismanagement of the pitching staff.

infohawk
The Sox went 14-4 in interleague games last year. :club:
Well, I'm still remaining pretty even keel. I'm actually surprised by that. I mean, we're hovering around .500 (not horrific) while Detroit and Cleveland are having their hot streaks. I'm fully convinced the Sox will eventually hit with a vengeance because Paul Konerko and Jermaine Dye are just not this bad. They'll end up at or near their career averages.

In 2005, the Indians started out in a huge hole, not even around .500, and put on a furious charge beginning with inter-league play. Hopefully the Sox will do the same but seal the deal. Inter-league play coincides with the team getting healthier with Thome and Hall coming back, followed by Podsednik somewhere in there. Last year the Sox raced out to a terrific record and then petered out after the All-Star break. It's not a stretch to think that this year they are playing .500 ball to start the season only to pour it on as the season progresses. The Indians did it in 2005, the Twins did it last year and the Oakland A's made it a standard part of their seasons in the early 2000s. Let's hang in there, get healthy, see what KW does at the trade deadline and see what happens. Detroit and Cleveland are playing lights out ball right now, but so did the Sox at the start of last season. We know what eventually happened. It's a long season.

Morneau
Who was that pitcher that threw 2 wild pitches on an intentional walk?

BTW; that's Punto's second intentional walk of his entire Career. Smart move guys..

WhiteSox5187
And you shouldn't freak out because of this. We're not talking about the NFL here.

Critical thinkers? You mean those making statements like "this team is done"? Or how about "5.5 back might as well be 15 back"?

Critical, indeed...
Well...5.5 is a lot of games when you need to leap frog over three other teams, you can go on a tear and win 10 straigh and still be 5 back. So there is a point to that...as far as saying the team is done, that is silly, there are a lot of games left to play and they can turn it around but they sure as hell LOOK dead out there right now. As I've said before after every Sox loss, they can go out there tommorrow and just absolutely destroy the Twins and then never look back. I hope that's the case but I've been saying that for awhile now...

Hendu
05-08-2007, 10:57 PM
no if Aa threw away the ball in the 9th. That would have been worse.

And injured his elbow in the process.

Brian26
Last time I checked 5.5 game out of first really is 5.5 games. I have never seen a team be 5.5 back but the standings in the paper list 15 games out.

You must have missed the scheduling quirk this year. The Indians, Twins and Tigers don't play each other after June 1. It will be impossible to make up any ground on any of those teams.

WhiteSox5187

BTW; that's Punto's second intentional walk of his entire Career. Smart move guys..
Hey, how many World Series Titles have you guys won in the past five years? Oh yea, that's right NONE. SO SIT DOWN AND SHUT THE **** UP!!!!:dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll:

itsnotrequired
05-08-2007, 10:58 PM
Well...5.5 is a lot of games when you need to leap frog over three other teams, you can go on a tear and win 10 straigh and still be 5 back. So there is a point to that...as far as saying the team is done, that is silly, there are a lot of games left to play and they can turn it around but they sure as hell LOOK dead out there right now. As I've said before after every Sox loss, they can go out there tommorrow and just absolutely destroy the Twins and then never look back. I hope that's the case but I've been saying that for awhile now...

With three teams ahead of you, you know they will be playing each other quite often. All three teams can't win every game.

Patrick134

Um, they didn't score that inning, so i guess it worked.

itsnotrequired
Hey, how many World Series Titles have you guys won in the past five years? Oh yea, that's right NONE. SO SIT DOWN AND SHUT THE **** UP!!!!:dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll:

Hook...line...sinker...

thomas35forever
05-08-2007, 10:59 PM

There's no question you shot the white out of your thing when Morneau hit that homer.

Brian26
05-08-2007, 10:59 PM

Critical thinkers are the ones who think you're officially eliminated from the race on May 8 if you fall more than five games back?

Not every championship team goes wire-to-wire like the '05 Sox. There are a lot of spoiled bandwagon fans around here.

Brian26
05-08-2007, 11:00 PM
I believe it landed right next to where Rincon hides his steroid needles. the twins don't draw enough to worry about people sitting there often.

LOL. Nice :thumbsup:

PaulDrake
05-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Way too many pitchers used. &(*&)=+&%$)*&^& !!!! :angry: That's the way Ozzie manages.

CHISOXFAN13
05-08-2007, 11:01 PM

And Bartlett did what?

Learn the game you ****ing troll.

Thome25

This is the most intelligent post of this thread hands down.

itsnotrequired
There's no question you shot the white out of your thing when Morneau hit that homer.

Isn't timberwolf a girl?

Brian26
16 out of 17, but that's not the point. Very different animal in postseason. I'm talking about them going 55-25 the last 80 just to get in the playoffs. I don't see that happening.

Because why, Nostradamus?

WhiteSox5187
With three teams ahead of you, you know they will be playing each other quite often. All three teams can't win every game.
That's true, but the thing is let's say the Indians falter and then the Tigers go on a tear. So instead of being 5.5 behind Cleveland your 5.5 behind Detroit, that doesn't help much, does it? I'm starting to come out of my post game funk but I'm still quite upset at the way we've been playing of late, but there is no reason that that has to continue. Let's go out and kick the **** out of 'em tommorrow and never stop and win another title.

thomas35forever
05-08-2007, 11:02 PM
Isn't timberwolf a girl?
Let's just say an 'it' and leave it at that.

itsnotrequired
This is the most intelligent post of this thread hands down.

If by "the most intelligent" you mean "one of the more idiotic" then yes, we are in agreement.

Brian26
Yeah, 2001 was worse. Quite a few other years too.

Foulke giving up the three-run bomb to Hocking was worse.

WhiteSox5187
Hook...line...sinker...
Who needs to be clever when you can be loud and obnoxious?:D:

BanditJimmy
05-08-2007, 11:03 PM

Critical, indeed...

I never went to that extreme.

The only things that boiled my blood tonight were:

1. Blowing a 3 run lead in the 8th versus a division opponent
2. Blowing a game to the division champs who seem to always get into our heads every time we play them.
3. Blowing a great pitching performance by our starting pitcher.

PaulDrake
05-08-2007, 11:03 PM
I just don't understand why Ozzie felt the need to use everyone in the pen except for Jenks and Logan in less than 3 innings. I just don't think Ozzie knows how to use a bullpen. Neither do I.

JB98
05-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Foulke giving up the three-run bomb to Hocking was worse.

Yeah, at least we got beat by a halfway decent hitter tonight.

Thome25
05-08-2007, 11:05 PM

This is my point exactly. 5.5 out and in fourth place looking up at three pretty damn good teams is a helluva lot different than being 5.5 out and in second place with only one team to leapfrog.

Brian26
05-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Caller on Rongey wants to get rid of Iguchi.

Maybe we can get D'Angelo Jiminez back. :rolleyes:

itsnotrequired
05-08-2007, 11:06 PM
That's true, but the thing is let's say the Indians falter and then the Tigers go on a tear. So instead of being 5.5 behind Cleveland your 5.5 behind Detroit, that doesn't help much, does it? I'm starting to come out of my post game funk but I'm still quite upset at the way we've been playing of late, but there is no reason that that has to continue. Let's go out and kick the **** out of 'em tommorrow and never stop and win another title.

The Tigers have won 8 in a row. Do you think that will continue? They come to Minnesota after we leave. The Indians head to Oakland and we get the Royals. The cards are in place for the Sox to be only a couple games back after the weekend.

WhiteSox5187
05-08-2007, 11:07 PM
This is my point exactly. 5.5 out and in fourth place looking up at three pretty damn good teams is a helluva lot different than being 5.5 out and in second place with only one team to leapfrog.
I think everyone can agree that we're in a very bad position right now, but I also think that everyone can agree that we're certainly not out of it.

Notice a difference from my earlier posts right after the loss? Ahh, the Prozac is kicking in people!

Morneau
05-08-2007, 11:07 PM
I pick the White Sox to win the division this year.

itsnotrequired
05-08-2007, 11:08 PM

I pick my nose for profit or pleasure.

Jjav829
That sucked...

:hawk
"Morneau is a very strong man....."

2 seconds later, the game is over and Hawk is probably kicking/hitting something before speaking another word 30 seconds later.

Lip Man 1
What's interesting about the comment about Ozzie using his bullpen the way he did is that twice this off season he was quoted as saying his pitchers should be able to get both left and right handers out and that he wouldn't be doing the 'match up' thing as often.

Lip

BanditJimmy
If by "the most intelligent" you mean "one of the more idiotic" then yes, we are in agreement.

so what gives you the right to call me an idiot?

Aren't there rules about this on this web-site?

CHISOXFAN13

Poor Chris knew it was going to be a rough one tonight. I feel for him on nights like this.

WhiteSox5187
05-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Waddya want? A medal?

Trust me my friend, come September you may be eating those words.

itsnotrequired

Aren't there rules about this on this web-site?

Perfectly intelligent people can make idiotic statements. Not me though, I'm perfect.:redneck

thomas35forever
Crede needs to regain his plate discipline. He's got none right now.

Brian26
05-08-2007, 11:10 PM

He didn't call you an idiot. He called your post idiotic. There's a big difference.

Thome25
I think everyone can agree that we're in a very bad position right now, but I also think that everyone can agree that we're certainly not out of it.

Notice a difference from my earlier posts right after the loss? Ahh, the Prozac is kicking in people!

I'll never admit the White Sox are done unless they were mathmatically eliminated.

As long as there's games left to play that still count toward something I'll never say die.

But, we dug ourselves a pretty big hole and we sure do have our work cut out for us.

BanditJimmy

You have to be honest though, Iguchi looks like he is sleep walking out there both with the bat and with the glove. Maybe he does not understand the concept of Free Agency here in the US.

Morneau
05-08-2007, 11:11 PM
Trust me my friend, come September you may be eating those words.So you don't think they have a chance?:?:

Jerko
05-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Injuries are catching up with other teams in our division too. Mauer, Westbrook, Zumaya. This isn't over by a long shot but it is gonna be hard to pass all 3 teams if they get really far ahead of us. Yes one will lose when they play each other, but one will win too. If we have to go on a 2006 Twin-like run, it's gonna be tough.

WhiteSox5187
05-08-2007, 11:12 PM
I'll never admit the White Sox are done unless they were mathmatically eliminated.

As long as there's games left to play that still count toward something I'll never say die.

But, we dug ourselves a pretty big hole and we sure do have our work cut out for us.
If the pitching holds up (and I'm not so sure it will, and Jesus Christ is the bullpen starting to scare me) we will be fine. We have a lot of work to do with a lot of time to do it.

Brian26
05-08-2007, 11:13 PM
If the pitching holds up (and I'm not so sure it will, and Jesus Christ is the bullpen starting to scare me) we will be fine. We have a lot of work to do with a lot of time to do it.

A complete 180 from 15 minutes ago.

Patrick134
05-08-2007, 11:13 PM
So you don't think they have a chance?:?:

I doubt the Twins will be in the postseason this year. But if they do make the playoffs, be sure not to blink, you might miss their stay in the playoffs.

WhiteSox5187
05-08-2007, 11:14 PM
So you don't think they have a chance?:?:
No, we'll be raising a division banner and you and your little friends in Minnesota will have to face the six months of darkness that is known as winter in Minnesota without an appearence in the playoffs and the Vikings sinking fast. Enjoy.

DickAllen72
05-08-2007, 11:15 PM
What's interesting about the comment about Ozzie using his bullpen the way he did is that twice the off season he was quoted as saying his pitchers should be able to get both left and right handers out and that he wouldn't be doing the 'match up' thing as often.

Lip
Ozzie says a lot of things.

NSSoxFan
05-08-2007, 11:15 PM

What did you expect? I swear some people on here would not think twice about blowing their brains out after the Sox loss. I can only say that is thanks to people not knowing how to put things in perspective.

WhiteSox5187
05-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Like I said, the Prozac is kicking in!!!!!!

I'm like that after every Sox loss, I'm depressed and gloomy and prepared to pummel the next person I see in a Twins hat with my bare hands. After every Sox win I'm happy and estatic and ready to pummel the next person I see in a Twins hat with my bare hands.

Thome25
Why do White Sox fans bash other White Sox fans for being realists? This team isn't playing very good right now and Sox fans are the first ones to tell you so.

White Sox fans are knowledgeable enough to know when their team stinks.

Jerko
I'll use one of Grobber's credos. We're tied with Minny in the loss column, 4 behind Detroit. (5 behind Cleveland)....... Doesn't sound insurmountable by any means. We might have to kick those team's asses ourselves, which so far isn't happening, but there's a lot of time left.

WhiteSox5187
05-08-2007, 11:18 PM
What did you expect? I swear some people on here would not think twice about blowing their brains out after the Sox loss. I can only say that is thanks to people not knowing how to put things in perspective.
Well, in the grand scheme of things baseball is of course very small, but after a heartbreaking loss you never whine or groan? If the game is at home, I have the long walk down the ramps and the car ride home to vent, and if I'm work I have time to vent there too...today there was no work and no walk down the ramps, I went straight to WSI and started venting my rage into stupidity.

Patrick134
Why do White Sox fans bash other White Sox fans for being realists? This team isn't playing very good right now and Sox fans are the first ones to tell you so.

Don't confuse panic with realism. You don't see anyone saying that it's great the bats are slumping.

JB98
What's interesting about the comment about Ozzie using his bullpen the way he did is that twice the off season he was quoted as saying his pitchers should be able to get both left and right handers out and that he wouldn't be doing the 'match up' thing as often.

Lip

To think, I was excited when I read that comment. Then, the season started, and we went back to the usual bullpen circus.

I've posted a million times that I have faith in Matt Thornton against both lefties and righties. Why oh why doesn't Ozzie?

PaulDrake
They won 21 of their last 22 games in 2005. September and October occur after the All-Star Break, correct? Actually, I think it was 20 out of 23. They were 90-61, finished the regular season at 99-63, and then went 11-1 in the postseason.

Parrothead

I wish I knew.

WhiteSox5187
05-08-2007, 11:19 PM

If we're playing like this in June, then we'll stink and everyone here will admit it. But it's still early May, so there is still a lot of time to turn this thing around. We stink now but tommorrow we might come out smelling like roses!

lumpyspun
05-08-2007, 11:22 PM

As an out of towner who can't listen to the radio back there...I love when you post the caller's viewpoints. It's usually the highlight of my night after a Sox loss.

JB98
05-08-2007, 11:23 PM
As an out of towner who can't listen to the radio back there...I love when you post the caller's viewpoints. It's usually the highlight of my night after a Sox loss.

Brian listens to the show, so the rest of us don't have to. Frankly, I can't tolerate those callers. They make me look sane, and trust me, there are few who are more psycho after a Sox loss than I. :cool:

Brian26
05-08-2007, 11:25 PM
Actually, I think it was 20 out of 23. They were 90-61, finished the regular season at 99-63, and then went 11-1 in the postseason.

I made a mistake. I meant to say 19 of their last 22. They won the last three of the four game series against the Twins, lost the first two to Detroit, then won two from Det, swept the Indians...so they were 8-2 before the playoffs. Then they went 11-1 in the playoffs, so that's 19-3. You're including the Thursday night game against the Twins, but they lost that, so they'd be 19 of their last 23.

WhiteSox5187
05-08-2007, 11:26 PM
Like 15+ pages epic.
So far so good...

Brian26
05-08-2007, 11:28 PM

I actually only listen when the Sox lose now. Last week a caller threatened to drive down to the studio and "straighten Rongey out" when Rongey laughed at some ridiculous comment he made. Then he made fun of Rongey's salary.

Morneau
05-08-2007, 11:29 PM
So, do you guys really like ozzie and support him? After you guys won the world series, he's been too full of himself.

PaulDrake
05-08-2007, 11:30 PM

White Sox fans are knowledgeable enough to know when their team stinks. I never understood that either. One of the things I liked most about Sox fans, even back in the 50s, was their brutal, blunt honesty about the team, while loving it just the same. Now you can't say anything remotely critical, or you're a dark cloud or a bandwagon fan. The team looks like horse****, and they need a personality transplant in a hurry, or this is going to be a real drag of a season. Do I think they can turn it around? Yes. Do I believe they will? Not so sure.

Brian26
05-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Caller makes a good point. Tigers have played Toronto and KC sixteen times so far, so relax.

Patrick134
05-08-2007, 11:31 PM
So, do you guys really like ozzie and support him? After you guys won the world series, he's been too full of himself.

Did twin fans still like Kirby Puckett after he pulled a gun on his wife ?

PKalltheway
**** Justin Morneau, I can't stand that stinking son of a bitch.:angry: :angry: :angry:

NSSoxFan
While there still are a couple posters who I enjoy reading in post-game threads, nothing will compare to the early WSI. Remember when we could all carry on a SANE baseball conversation? Oh, for the good ol' days.

JB98
05-08-2007, 11:33 PM
Caller makes a good point. Tigers have played Toronto and KC sixteen times so far, so relax.

Detroit is 7-2 vs. Kansas City. Almost one-third of their games have been against the dregs of the league. That's a good point.

PaulDrake
05-08-2007, 11:33 PM
I made a mistake. I meant to say 19 of their last 22. They won the last three of the four game series against the Twins, lost the first two to Detroit, then won two from Det, swept the Indians...so they were 8-2 before the playoffs. Then they went 11-1 in the playoffs, so that's 19-3. You're including the Thursday night game against the Twins, but they lost that, so they'd be 19 of their last 23. That is correct. I remembered them as being 90-61, when in fact they were 91-60.

Morneau
05-08-2007, 11:34 PM
**** Justin Morneau, I can't stand that stinking son of a bitch.:angry: :angry: :angry::whiner:

PKalltheway
05-08-2007, 11:35 PM
:whiner:
:dtroll:

PaulDrake
05-08-2007, 11:35 PM
While there still are a couple posters who I enjoy reading in post-game threads, nothing will compare to the early WSI. Remember when we could all carry on a SANE baseball conversation? Oh, for the good ol' days. Winning a World Series changes expectations.

NSSoxFan
05-08-2007, 11:36 PM
:whiner:

I like this kid. Mods, I say we keep timberclown around for entertainment purposes.

NSSoxFan
05-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Winning a World Series changes expectations.

Believe me, the pre-2005 WSI didn't like losing.

Brian26
05-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Caller somehow thinks, on paper, the Twins are better than the Sox. :?:

Patrick134
05-08-2007, 11:38 PM
Caller somehow thinks, on paper, the Twins are better than the Sox. :?:

on rolling papers maybe..

Brian26
05-08-2007, 11:38 PM
Believe me, the pre-2005 WSI didn't like losing.

Billy Koch can attest to that.

WhiteSox5187
05-08-2007, 11:45 PM
I like this kid. Mods, I say we keep timberclown around for entertainment purposes.
Yea, it'll be fun to see how many posts he has in September when Minnesota free falls and the Sox run away with the division, won't it? It'll also be fun to talk to him after every Bears-Vikings game. Boy! I hope he's around then! Or I wonder will he go crying to a Twins board?

Brian26
05-08-2007, 11:46 PM
"Jamal" from the northside thinks the team lacks hunger and they need a tablesetter. Rongey, for this nuggest of wisdom, has given him a free pair of tickets to the game on Friday.

Rongey is now plugging palehose7.com.

Show's over.

SOXfnNlansing
05-08-2007, 11:48 PM

that's what I'm thinkin' too :(:

balke
05-08-2007, 11:52 PM
Jermaine Dye has regressed into the ballplayer from when we first acquired him. He really needs to figure out what he's doing wrong. Which reminds me, where's that "Fire Greg Walker" thread? Horrible. Just HORRIBLE.

voodoochile
05-09-2007, 12:10 AM
Not going to read every post in this thread, but I bet I can summarize it...

THE SOX LOST! THEY HATE ME! WE SUCK! THE BULLPEN SUCKS! THE OFFENSE SUCKS! THE SOX SUCK! THEY HATE ME! :whiner::whiner::whiner:

Little Bitch Twinkie Troll Trying to Troll WSI: Ha ha! Your manager is full of himself and he makes crappy decisions - oh and I picked you to win the division...

Voodoo: It was STILL only one loss. Oh and LBTTTtTWSI - HE GONE! (thanks I needed that...) :moonwalk:

Carry on...

The Dude
05-09-2007, 12:42 AM

Our starting pitching is very good. Javy with another quality start.

BanditJimmy
05-09-2007, 01:19 AM
Detroit is 7-2 vs. Kansas City. Almost one-third of their games have been against the dregs of the league. That's a good point.

the last AL dreg we played we got swept by ... the Mariners.

JB98
05-09-2007, 01:23 AM
the last AL dreg we played we got swept by ... the Mariners.

Well, right now the Mariners are a .500 club. They are mediocre, just like we are. The Rangers might be the dregs of the AL West this year. Time will tell.

ElDuque26
05-09-2007, 01:32 AM
I was a little surprised we'd take a chance with Morneau in that spot. I know you don't want to load the bases, but Id sure rather face Cirillo in that situation.

I had the same response to the situation...you have two outs and a single scores a run whether you have a runner on second or third cause we are playing deep...Why not load the bases, Morneau's run meant nothing...poor play

BanditJimmy
05-09-2007, 01:40 AM
Well, right now the Mariners are a .500 club. They are mediocre, just like we are. The Rangers might be the dregs of the AL West this year. Time will tell.

When all is set and done, both Texas and Sea will lose about 90 games this year because the talent just isn't there with the pitching.

The teams (dregs) we cannot afford to lose a single series to are:

Sea - 0-2
Tex - 2-1
TB
KC - 2-0
Baltimore
and soon Tor because of their pitching issues.

It is those teams we need to feast on. So far we are 4-3 against that bunch which is not good. At worst we should be 6-1 against that bunch.

Everyone is saying Det and Cle has had an easy schedule so far by playing these so called dregs, but it appears that they are taking care of their own business by beating up on those bad teams.

BanditJimmy
05-09-2007, 01:53 AM
I had the same response to the situation...you have two outs and a single scores a run whether you have a runner on second or third cause we are playing deep...Why not load the bases, Morneau's run meant nothing...poor play

I am not going to point the finger at managing nor the bullpen for this game. We have to realize that our bullpen is still a work in progress. Too many people were already claiming "greatness" for this bullpen when if fact is an average bullpen with the potential of being good or even great.

The blame here still needs to ride on this offense. They have not put anyone away in a single game this year.

Today's stats:

-13 total LOBs, 10 coming from your 3,4,5,6 hitters (Dye, Konerko, AJ, & Iguchi)
- 9 hits in 37 plate appearances which pencils out to .243 .... better than the season average but still not good by our standards ("best offense in the game")
- Bonser - only 1 BB in 7 innings for a guy that came in with 21 BBs in 31 IP ....... ZERO plate discipline by the White Sox hitters

Turcle
05-09-2007, 02:51 AM
I feel like with this team if its not one thing its the other. Like if the pitching is good the offense is bad, if the offense scores a few runs (still under perfoming) then the pitching ****s it up. Seriously get it together stop losing to the Twins. Morneau seems to be the only one that hurts us, stop pitching to him. It seems so simple!

Grzegorz
05-09-2007, 04:41 AM
And one more thing - Joe Borowski and his 7.XX ERA is the closer for the Indians. Just keep that in mind.

Call me crazy but I do not see the Indians rolling over as most on this board do. They and the Tigers will be there in the end.

That is why these games against division rivals matter.

delben91
05-09-2007, 05:47 AM

You mean it, we could get a good (but not great) prospect for Konerko and Dye together!! Let's do it!!! Joe Borchard for Konerko and Dye!!! You think if we throw in Jenks and Contreras they'll dig up Manny Alexander and send him up here too?!?!?!?!?