PDA

View Full Version : Ruh-roh, Sham-ME*

cheeses_h_rice
05-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Looks like the Mitchell investigation is interested in your use of Flintstones Chewable Vitamins (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/09/sports/baseball/09steroids.html?ex=1336363200&en=3ba7522d4cd4d69e&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss).

Investigators of steroid use in baseball are seeking medical records from at least two of the game’s premier sluggers over the past dozen years, Sammy Sosa (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/s/sammy_sosa/index.html?inline=nyt-per) and Rafael Palmeiro, along with records from dozens of other players suspected of using performance-enhancing drugs, a baseball official with direct knowledge of the request said.

chisoxmike
05-08-2007, 10:35 PM
:supernana::supernana::supernana::supernana:

VenturaFan23
05-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Better late than never I guess

veeter
05-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Great news.

WhiteSox5187
05-08-2007, 11:22 PM
How will this work? The Mitchell committe doesn't have subpeona power and medical records are hard to get even WITH a subpeona...do you think Sammy or the player's union is just going to say "Here ya go! Here are my records!"

IndianWhiteSox
05-09-2007, 09:16 AM
How will this work? The Mitchell committe doesn't have subpeona power and medical records are hard to get even WITH a subpeona...do you think Sammy or the player's union is just going to say "Here ya go! Here are my records!"

The last thing the player's union is to be known as the blacksheep in the whole investigation. Not to meniton, some of the union reps in this case, don't want to have their fame ruined due to a few bad apples.

skottyj242
05-09-2007, 09:18 AM
I hope he gets hit by a car and plunked in the head again.

itsnotrequired
05-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Ronnie Woo-Woo was in the train car behind me this morning, heading North on the Red to Wrigleyville.

skottyj242
05-09-2007, 09:29 AM
Ronnie Woo-Woo was in the train car behind me this morning, heading North on the Red to Wrigleyville.

Was he in character? I'm sure that would be great first thing in the morning.

rocky biddle
05-09-2007, 09:35 AM
I heard on the news this morning that the players have to give their consent for the medical records to be released. I doubt that'll ever happen.

itsnotrequired
05-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Was he in character? I'm sure that would be great first thing in the morning.

He had the outfit on but it was unclear if he was making noise. Lucky me, I wasn't in the same car as him.

Woo! Morning commute! Woo!

:redneck

havelj
05-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Will the medical records have to be translated from Spanish to English?

SOXPHILE
05-09-2007, 12:58 PM
The whole Mitchell investigation really hasn't /won't accomplish anything, for all the reasons mentioned. I think the reason it's suddenly front and center again is the story about the federal investigation, with the former Mets clubhouse guy who was wired, and has names of dozens of players that he sold or acquired steroids/HGH for. That story is HUGE. Pud Selig had Mitchell start this investigation over a year ago, and I really don't think it's accomplished a whole hell of alot, other then make Pud think he's showing everybody that he's doing something about this issue. The federal investigation story has made Selig look even more stupid than he already did.

WhiteSox5187
05-09-2007, 02:07 PM
The last thing the player's union is to be known as the blacksheep in the whole investigation. Not to meniton, some of the union reps in this case, don't want to have their fame ruined due to a few bad apples.
I'm sure there are going to be a couple of players who cooperate, I was just reading today that the Player's Association reached an agreement with Mitchell where player's can volunarily turn over their medical records if they are asked to. I guess what this means is that if a guy like Bonds says "No, I'm not going to hand over my medical records," then it seems like he has something to hide and hence is guilty. Not exactly STRONG evidence.

NUCatsFan
05-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Seems like a good time to break out these smileys....

:nandrolone :canseco

We're all natural! We swear!

Chicken Dinner
05-09-2007, 04:58 PM
http://i2.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/8d/aa/f74e_1.JPG

I love this media guide cover. :D:

FireMariotti
05-09-2007, 05:04 PM

I don't know whats worse, that or being stuck on the Ryan.