PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Torii Hunter

Madvora
05-08-2007, 02:41 PM
From sportsline.com
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/MLB_SC-RUMOR

In six months, Torii Hunter can hit the free-agent market, and the list of teams courting him could include the Cardinals, Rangers, Red Sox and White Sox, as reported by the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Hunter's close friend, David Ortiz, could try to convince Red Sox ownership into making a strong push and the White Sox need Hunter to help with the aging Darin Erstad in center field and the struggling Brian Anderson in the minors.

skottyj242
05-08-2007, 02:45 PM
This could be like AJ all over again. I would hate him until he signed.

MUsoxfan
05-08-2007, 02:46 PM
I can't see the Sox landing him. Much like Johnny Damon, the legend of Hunter is greater than Hunter himself. He'll make an outrageous sum of money to play and get hurt somewhere other than the Southside of Chicago

BRDSR
05-08-2007, 02:47 PM
From sportsline.com
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/MLB_SC-RUMOR

Brian Anderson for Torii Hunter straight up. The Twins will start thinking firesale after the Sox sweep them at home this weekend.

Seriously though, if it comes down to free agency I wouldn't get too excited about him. He'll cost an arm and a leg and will put up numbers slightly better than one of our young outfielder studs in the system. Money would be much better spent resigning Dye than signing Hunter, and we definitely can't do both.

palehozenychicty
05-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Brian Anderson for Torii Hunter straight up. The Twins will start thinking firesale after the Sox sweep them at home this weekend.

Seriously though, if it comes down to free agency I wouldn't get too excited about him. He'll cost an arm and a leg and will put up numbers slightly better than one of our young outfielder studs in the system. Money would be much better spent resigning Dye than signing Hunter, and we definitely can't do both.

Yes, his reputation is bigger than the production. Plus who can forgive Jamie Burke or the gaffe in Game 2 of the LDS last year?

rdwj
05-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Plus who can forgive Jamie Burke or the gaffe in Game 2 of the LDS last year?

For another ring, I'd forgive him if he gave my mom a forearm to the chin.

D. TODD
05-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Again, I think KW will look for a better financial fit so I doubt Tori will land anywhere near the southside. Plus the Twinks will probably look outside of the division if they do trade him. As a player I would love Tori for the Sox, but again to pricey for his age and the needs of the Sox at this time.

Baby Fisk
05-08-2007, 03:07 PM

:roflmao:

palehozenychicty
05-08-2007, 03:09 PM

Touche. That is funny!:D:

chaotic8512
05-08-2007, 03:10 PM
____G__AB__R_H_2B_3B_HR_RBI_BB__K_SB_CS_AVG_OBP_SL G_OPS
06: 147 557 86 155 21 _2 31 _98 _45 108 12 _6 _.278 .336 .490 .826
07: _29 110 20_ 38 15 _0 _6 _21 _ 4 _20 _7 _2 _.345 .376 .645 1.022

I may completely despise the guy, but if you add another guy with 30-HR potential who's hitting very well to start the year AND solve the outfield problem without mortgaging away the future, I say do it.

rocky biddle
05-08-2007, 03:10 PM
This could be like AJ all over again. I would hate him until he signed.

I agree. Albert Belle being the exception that proves this rule.

balke
05-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Though he's doing great right now for his contract season, we'd have more GIDP's than anyone in history between him and Konerko.

It'll never happen. Trading within the division with a rival? Come on get real.

bryPt
05-08-2007, 03:18 PM

quote of the year!

whitesoxfan
05-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Though he's doing great right now for his contract season, we'd have more GIDP's than anyone in history between him and Konerko.

It'll never happen. Trading within the division with a rival? Come on get real.

+1

It's not realistic at all. I can see Minnesota trading him, but why would they want to help us out?

MUsoxfan
05-08-2007, 03:25 PM
+1

It's not realistic at all. I can see Minnesota trading him, but why would they want to help us out?

It's not about a trade, it's about signing him in the offseason

balke
05-08-2007, 03:35 PM
I hope he goes to Boston. The media would fall in love with him even more.

Foulke You
05-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Again, I think KW will look for a better financial fit so I doubt Tori will land anywhere near the southside. Plus the Twinks will probably look outside of the division if they do trade him. As a player I would love Tori for the Sox, but again to pricey for his age and the needs of the Sox at this time.
Agreed. The Twins would definitely NOT trade Hunter to the Sox if they were anywhere near sniffing distance of contending. Unless of course KW is willing to let Minnesota strip mine our farm system for Torii which is not going to happen.

jenn2080
05-08-2007, 04:36 PM

:rolling:

I actually like Hunter. That could be because he is on my fantasy team, but that is besides the point. I would take him on the Sox in a second.

Madvora
05-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Just to clear this up again. This has nothing to do with trading Torii Hunter...

In six months, Torii Hunter can hit the free-agent market...

gobears1987
05-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Yes, his reputation is bigger than the production. Plus who can forgive Jamie Burke or the gaffe in Game 2 of the LDS last year?I freaking hated AJ Pierzynski until January 05.

TCentral
05-08-2007, 09:04 PM
I hope he goes to Boston. The media would fall in love with him even more.

All day over the monster. He could hit 30 HRs easy at Fenway.

ondafarm
05-08-2007, 10:15 PM
I wouldn't take him. His defense has always been over rated; he's great on web-gems but not the best CF by a wide margin. And on grass he's a lot less capable.

Lukin13
05-08-2007, 11:29 PM
not enough grind in tori boy for ozzie's tastes.....

his 25 home runs per season in Minnesota would be 30 on the southside, that is just not acceptable. :whiner:

IndianWhiteSox
05-09-2007, 09:57 AM
The Sox will sign Andruw Jones instead at the request of Ozzie:

:ozzie

KW I want you to bring in Andruw Jones instead of calling up BAAA.

:KW

OK, But Uncle Jerry might have a problem with increasing payroll to the likes of the Yankees.

:ozzie

If you have to trade Contreras and Vazquez just to sign him, then that is fine by me.

:reinsy
Listen guys, I just want another World Series before I go, OK?