PDA

View Full Version : Roy Oswalt dominance

PKalltheway
05-07-2007, 11:25 PM
Just got back from the Reds/Astros game tonight, and Roy Oswalt has improved his career record against the Reds to 19-1.:o: :o: :o: I mean, come on, it's one thing to "own" a team (like Santana does the Sox, or so it seems), but my goodness, 19-1?!?! I know the Reds are trying, but honestly, when a pitcher has your number like that, the Reds have to have some sort of stigma when facing him. I think what Oswalt has done against the Reds in his career has gone beyond just "owning" a team.

Can anybody think of a pitcher who has absolutely dominated a particular team like this?

IndianWhiteSox
05-07-2007, 11:43 PM
Just got back from the Reds/Astros game tonight, and Roy Oswalt has improved his career record against the Reds to 19-1.:o: :o: :o: I mean, come on, it's one thing to "own" a team (like Santana does the Sox, or so it seems), but my goodness, 19-1?!?! I know the Reds are trying, but honestly, when a pitcher has your number like that, the Reds have to have some sort of stigma when facing him. I think what Oswalt has done against the Reds in his career has gone beyond just "owning" a team.

Can anybody think of a pitcher who has absolutely dominated a particular team like this?

This may sound a little flubsessed, but Freddy Garcia seems to always shut down the Cubs at will.

DrewSox56
05-07-2007, 11:51 PM
This may sound a little flubsessed, but Freddy Garcia seems to always shut down the Cubs at will.

I don't think I could come up with a worse comparison if I tried. :rolleyes:

Pedro owned the Yankees. Same division, same league.

IndianWhiteSox
05-08-2007, 12:00 AM
I don't think I could come up with a worse comparison if I tried. :rolleyes:

Pedro owned the Yankees. Same division, same league.

I was talking about in general since that was the question posed. By the way, great comparison you have there as you can just discount those last two he faced the Yankees and getting hit around almost every time.