PDA

View Full Version : Been a while

sox_fan_4life
03-27-2002, 01:21 PM
Just spent my first winter in Florida, and it was great. I have been ultra busy with my job, and this summer I am going back to school . But I am looking forward to spending another baseball season reading everyones many posts.

FarWestChicago
03-27-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by sox_fan_4life
Just spent my first winter in Florida, and it was great. I have been ultra busy with my job, and this summer I am going back to school . But I am looking forward to spending another baseball season reading everyones many posts. Welcome back, my friend!! :gulp: :gulp:

sox_fan_4life
03-27-2002, 01:25 PM
Thanks. It will be nice to talk to some fellow seasoned citizens. Working in a school around kids born after I grduated makes me feel old.

FarWestChicago
03-27-2002, 01:26 PM
Thanks. It will be nice to talk to some fellow seasoned citizens. Working in a school around kids born after I grduated makes me feel old. Well, in my case it's "very seasoned". :D:

sox_fan_4life
03-27-2002, 01:30 PM
You are only 7 years and a few months older than I am.

cheeses_h_rice
03-27-2002, 01:30 PM
Welcome back, SF4L!

Now if only Dago_Beef and IAC would come on back...

:gulp:

sox_fan_4life
03-27-2002, 01:32 PM
Thanks Cheeses.

Do you mean Dago has not been on since before I stopped posting?

I didn't know IAC stopped.

cheeses_h_rice
03-27-2002, 01:34 PM
Thanks Cheeses.

Do you mean Dago has not been on since before I stopped posting?

I didn't know IAC stopped.

DB hasn't posted since before last season started. I think IAC had a fight with some people here and stormed off, but I am not clear on the details.

sox_fan_4life
03-27-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

DB hasn't posted since before last season started. I think IAC had a fight with some people here and stormed off, but I am not clear on the details.

Sometimes I miss the good times we had in 2000 on espn.
sox_fan_4life is still banned there.

raul12
03-27-2002, 01:42 PM
speaking of it's been a while....

work's been crazy...we just moved our offices, and spent a lot longer getting everything set up, and we're so swamped, i find it hard to pick which project to work on since we're behind on all of them. oh well, that's life in consulting i guess.

anyways, i've been sort of following the off season movements, and the spring training stuff, and nothing makes me jump for joy. it makes me sad actually. i'm figuring the twinkies will take the division this year, with our beloved chisox hopefully getting the WC. Even though the twinkies lost lawton and kelly, they're still the only team in the division with some semblance of pitching. Hopefully, i'm proved wrong.

Anyways, back to the grind. I'll hopefully be checkin' in with more frequency once the season gets going and things calm down here a little.

Cheers

FarWestChicago
03-27-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by raul12
speaking of it's been a while....LMAO!! Now Raul shows up! :gulp: :gulp:

PaleHoseGeorge
03-27-2002, 01:51 PM
Holy Cow! Where did all these old-time posters suddenly come from? I had about given up on you guys. We did everything short of sending out a search party.

:)

raul12
03-27-2002, 02:03 PM
LOL! Yeah, it probably would have taken a search party to find me the last 6 months or so. Better late than never! The emails of WSI updates worked though--it reminded me that I haven't been here in a *cough cough* long time.

I'm so ready for spring. Baseball, warm weather, aaahhh, what could be better?

Has anyone heard anything re: listening on-line? I remember last year, they went through that whole phase of charging people to listen--are they still doing that? It pisses me off that I'm only 2 hours from Chicago, and I can't get an AM station b/c some crappy local public radio station takes 980-1020 on the dial. Maybe they went defunct.... :whiner:

moochpuppy
03-27-2002, 02:06 PM
Welcome back, SF4L!

Now if only IAC would come on back...

Maybe he finally did eat Canada? :o:

moochpuppy
03-27-2002, 02:07 PM

Sometimes I miss the good times we had in 2000 on espn.
sox_fan_4life is still banned there.

Those were good times. (sniff..sniff)

Actually our good buddy Huskers3120 made an appearence the other day.

WinningUgly!
03-27-2002, 02:09 PM
Holy Shnikeez! SF4L & Raul? Welcome back guys!:gulp:

Iwritecode
03-27-2002, 02:12 PM

IAC's last post was a sarcastic rip on Jerry. Haven't seen him since. I don't know if DB ever made it to this board...

Also MIA are Sonny and our resident Tribe troll, Outcast. Haven't seen Sonny since he became a "TV star" and Outcast since the Jndjans lost to the M's in the playoffs last year...

raul12
03-27-2002, 02:16 PM
whatever happened with sonny and that supposed reality TV show? did that actually happen? (not that I would have watched anyways.)

huskers is still a flub fan...i guess he will never see the light. A lifetime flub fan of mine recently converted after he realized that rooting for the flubs was self-destructive. As much as i agree with that, i'm starting to wonder if being a white sox fan is just as bad. I'm still not sure what i'd do if the sox ever did win the whole thing. heck, i don't even know what it's like to see them win a playoff series.

Iwritecode
03-27-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by raul12
whatever happened with sonny and that supposed reality TV show? did that actually happen? (not that I would have watched anyways.)

huskers is still a flub fan...i guess he will never see the light. A lifetime flub fan of mine recently converted after he realized that rooting for the flubs was self-destructive. As much as i agree with that, i'm starting to wonder if being a white sox fan is just as bad. I'm still not sure what i'd do if the sox ever did win the whole thing. heck, i don't even know what it's like to see them win a playoff series.

Yes, they finally did air that show. Sonny actually made it all the way to the final episode. I'm still not exactly sure how. He didn't win but the girl that won graduated from my high school a year before me. :cool: Haven't heard anything about that show since then...

raul12
03-27-2002, 02:29 PM
which show was it?

sox_fan_4life
03-27-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Holy Cow! Where did all these old-time posters suddenly come from? I had about given up on you guys. We did everything short of sending out a search party.

:)

Well, they never checked in Florida. By the way for all of you stuck in the snow. It is about 81 and sunny here today. I gotta go back to work for a bit, so I will be around later.

cheeses_h_rice
03-27-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

Yes, they finally did air that show. Sonny actually made it all the way to the final episode. I'm still not exactly sure how. He didn't win but the girl that won graduated from my high school a year before me. :cool: Haven't heard anything about that show since then...

Sonny also made a veeeery brief reappearance on this board last year when the Sox were really smoking, and had reached .500. He quickly wore out his welcome and got into several tussles with posters here. Some folks called him "fair weather," which, gee, seemed to bother him.

By the way, the show he was on, "Love Cruise," was brilliant in its tawdriness. I really hope they have a second season of it.

cheeses_h_rice
03-27-2002, 02:33 PM

Well, they never checked in Florida. By the way for all of you stuck in the snow. It is about 81 and sunny here today. I gotta go back to work for a bit, so I will be around later.

SF4L, I think you underestimate just how sick of this weather we are around here, so I wouldn't be rubbing your 81 degree days in so hard. Daver may come after you with a bow.

(By the way, it's sunny and mid-40s today, so it's getting better.)

Daver
03-27-2002, 02:38 PM

SF4L, I think you underestimate just how sick of this weather we are around here, so I wouldn't be rubbing your 81 degree days in so hard. Daver may come after you with a bow.

(By the way, it's sunny and mid-40s today, so it's getting better.)

Now would I do that?

raul12
03-27-2002, 02:39 PM
i wouldn't even call what we've had for the past 4 months winter. here in madison, we got maybe 15" total all winter. kinda crappy when it doesn't snow, but can't do anything outside. it's too bad i was way up north the weekend it was 60 in january...could have gone golfing.

Hopefully, i can go spank whitie this weekend. (I hope i didn't just say that out loud just now. yeah baby!)

sox_fan_4life
03-27-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by daver

Now would I do that?

Yes, I believe you would.
This is the first winter that I never wore a winter coat. It does get in to the 30's at night here in jan and Feb.

FarWestChicago
03-27-2002, 02:53 PM
Daver may come after you with a bow.
I don't think I'll be describing the weather around here today. :D:

cheeses_h_rice
03-27-2002, 02:57 PM
It does get in to the 30's at night here in jan and Feb.

My heart bleeds for you. No really, it does.

:D: