PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Card of The Week

HITMEN OF 77
05-07-2007, 12:54 AM
Not sure who post the card of the week on the main page, but thank you!!

Sincerely

Gail Eason Hopkins Fan Club :D:

starboy0
05-07-2007, 06:26 AM
How do you become a member of this fan club?

MeteorsSox4367
05-07-2007, 08:59 AM
Love the powder-blue road unis and the blue caps. Nice posed stretch, too. I believe that picture was taken in Yankee Stadium. I also seem to remember having a card (I'm sure I still have it in a box somewhere) of Hopkins later in his career playing for the Royals.

How about a Gail Hopkins 'Where Are They Now?' article? I'd love to find out where some of the first Sox I remember (Tom Egan, Rick Reichardt) are at now.

IndianWhiteSox
05-07-2007, 09:02 AM
Love the powder-blue road unis and the blue caps. Nice posed stretch, too. I believe that picture was taken in Yankee Stadium. I also seem to remember having a card (I'm sure I still have it in a box somewhere) of Hopkins later in his career playing for the Royals.

How about a Gail Hopkins 'Where Are They Now?' article? I'd love to find out where some of the first Sox I remember (Tom Egan, Rick Reichardt) are at now.

Actually Gail Hopkins, if I'm not mistaken, has his own Physical Therapy Clinic in Hinsdale.

Chez
05-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Actually Gail Hopkins, if I'm not mistaken, has his own Physical Therapy Clinic in Hinsdale.

There is an orthopedic sugeon in Hinsdale with that name, but I'm not sure it's the same guy who played for the Sox.

Lip Man 1
05-07-2007, 02:37 PM
The last information that I had on DR. Gail Hopkins was that he was the chairman of the board of trustees and a adjunct professor at Ohio Valley University in Vienna, West Virginia.

Lip

Chez
05-07-2007, 02:39 PM
The last information that I had on DR. Gail Hopkins was that he was the chairman of the board of trustees and a adjunct professor at Ohio Valley University in Vienna, West Virginia.

Lip

Thanks, Lip.

HITMEN OF 77
05-07-2007, 02:51 PM

Lip

That is correct. I tried contacting him once or twice and never got a repsonse.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Hopkins' '70 baseball card was one of my favorites growing up. That's why I published it.

That card is so cool, I waited for months gathering up my money so I could afford to buy a firstbasemen's glove just like his. I still have it, too. I use it when I play catch with Pants.

:cool:

HITMEN OF 77
05-07-2007, 10:39 PM
Hopkins' '70 baseball card was one of my favorites growing up. That's why I published it.

Classic stance by Gail on that card. The '69-'70 Road uni's were the best uniforms the Sox ever had IMO.

Baby Fisk
05-08-2007, 08:55 AM
It is a sharp looking unie. Too bad the Sox were not so sharp those years. That's one of the great things about the White Sox: every era of the team's history has its own distinct uniforms.

Does anyone know who was behind the wild uniforms that followed in 1971? Was it an ownership decision? Did the Sox have a "marketing" department back then? Enquiring minds want to know.

IndianWhiteSox
05-08-2007, 09:04 AM
There is an orthopedic sugeon in Hinsdale with that name, but I'm not sure it's the same guy who played for the Sox.

That's the same guy! My friend had to go there a few times for physical therapy due to his torn ACL and I saw his baseball cards on display.

HITMEN OF 77
05-08-2007, 06:04 PM
It is a sharp looking unie. Too bad the Sox were not so sharp those years. That's one of the great things about the White Sox: every era of the team's history has its own distinct uniforms.

Does anyone know who was behind the wild uniforms that followed in 1971? Was it an ownership decision? Did the Sox have a "marketing" department back then? Enquiring minds want to know.

The "red" White Sox uni's were molded to show a change of direction of the team, a tougher look you could say. They were trying to be like the Big Red Machine in Cinci.