PDA

View Full Version : Our Schedule

getonbckthr
05-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Sucks. What is with all these 2 game series not to mention all these off days we have had already? With all these off days we are gonna be loaded with games come summer time and they will wear us down.

chisoxmike
05-06-2007, 11:21 PM
:?:

The Angels series was a three game series. So is the Twins series.

The two gamers are over with for the rest of the season.

The double header against the Twins is the final weekend of the first half where after the series the Sox will have three days off.

Apparently, the Tigers double header will be on July 26, the Sox have a offday the next Monday on July 30th. I don't think it will be a problem.

Also, there are two offdays in June, 4 in July, and three in August.

goofymsfan
05-06-2007, 11:23 PM
Sucks. What is with all these 2 game series not to mention all these off days we have had already? With all these off days we are gonna be loaded with games come summer time and they will wear us down.

I wouldn't be complaining about the Sox schedule until you've taken a look at what the Mariners have to deal with because of the snow days.

HITMEN OF 77
05-07-2007, 12:57 AM
I wouldn't be complaining about the Sox schedule until you've taken a look at what the Mariners have to deal with because of the snow days.

Yea, the Mariners are going to have a screwed up schedule for sure. I wonder if that's a record for most games missed to start off a season?

goofymsfan
05-07-2007, 06:33 AM
Yea, the Mariners are going to have a screwed up schedule for sure. I wonder if that's a record for most games missed to start off a season?

Not sure what the record is, but with the make-up schedule there are travel violations galore. When going from the east coast to west coast and vice versa they are supposed to have an off day which they've lost. Players are supposed to have an off day after 20 games in a row, the M's have to play 23 games before having an off day. There had to be a better way to make up those games that was more fair for the teams involved. I hope the scheduler learns from this season and doesn't make such a stupid April schedule.

dickallen15
05-07-2007, 07:07 AM
Considering a very important part of their line-up is out right now, I wouldn't be complaining about off days.

Jurr
05-07-2007, 07:14 AM
Considering a very important part of their line-up is out right now, I wouldn't be complaining about off days.
Ahhhh-thankyou.

Having off days sucks if you're always watching the games (considering I don't watch any of these crap TV shows), but for the Sox, it's a Godsend. The least number of games this team can play while key guys are hurt, the better. Save those long strings of consecutive games for a healthy lineup.

ondafarm
05-07-2007, 08:45 AM
I don't think much of the schedule at all. There are a lot of back and forth trips, the off days aren't well-distributed and the unbalanced schedule is still lousy. IMHO.

Sad
05-07-2007, 08:47 AM
all I know is I'm tired of hearing Hawk say how that was the toughest April schedule the SOX ever played... :?: :rolleyes:

BRDSR
05-07-2007, 11:38 AM

Exactly. I get bummed out because I want to watch a White Sox game today, but with Thome, Pods, and Hall out right now I'd much rather have a day off today than in August.

However, with our little mini-streak that we just started, I do kind of wish there was a game to watch today, but what can you do?

jdm2662
05-07-2007, 12:29 PM
all I know is I'm tired of hearing Hawk say how that was the toughest April schedule the SOX ever played... :?: :rolleyes:

Yep, it's never the Sox's fault when they lose, according to Hawk. Mute does wonders when the Sox are losing.

dcb56
05-07-2007, 12:55 PM
Exactly. I get bummed out because I want to watch a White Sox game today, but with Thome, Pods, and Hall out right now I'd much rather have a day off today than in August.

However, with our little mini-streak that we just started, I do kind of wish there was a game to watch today, but what can you do?

I'm just glad we won't see Santana in the Dome this upcoming series.

Yep, it's never the Sox's fault when they lose, according to Hawk. Mute does wonders when the Sox are losing.

You don't always have to put it on mute, half the time Homer Harrelson doesn't say anything when the Sox are down...:redneck

chisoxmike
05-07-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm just glad we won't see Santana in the Dome this upcoming series.

I wouldn't be so sure of that yet.

DickAllen72
05-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Another thing that sucks about our schedule is we don't play the Orioles enough.

Chicken Dinner
05-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Our schedule isn't any harder then anyone elses. You have to win games against both good teams and not so good teams. Seattle has the most traveling just because of where they're located. Lack of offense doesn't equate to a hard schedule.

chisoxfanatic
05-07-2007, 05:36 PM

There aren't nearly the number of two-game series as there was before the unbalanced schedule took effect. What's the issue?

Fuller_Schettman
05-07-2007, 07:21 PM
What I love about our schedule is that starting Friday, the Sox do not leave the comfort of their own beds until Memorial Day. Nice stretch!

GregO23
05-07-2007, 10:38 PM
Ahhhh-thankyou.

Having off days sucks if you're always watching the games (considering I don't watch any of these crap TV shows), but for the Sox, it's a Godsend. The least number of games this team can play while key guys are hurt, the better. Save those long strings of consecutive games for a healthy lineup.

100% correct...thank you

HotelWhiteSox
05-07-2007, 10:57 PM
I kind of agree with the offdays, guys being hurt now will not stop future injuries, and guys'll be more tired later on. Just think it's weird that we've played less games than Cleveland so far.