PDA

View Full Version : Freddy Garcia injured in collision with equipment cart

Harry Potter
05-06-2007, 08:11 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-phillies-garciahurt&prov=ap&type=lgns

Garcia bruised his left leg in the collision, raising question as to whether he will be able to make his scheduled start Monday night in the opener of a three-game series at Arizona. Garcia, who was running to try to catch a fly ball, toppled onto the cart used by the grounds crew and was clearly in pain. He was quickly carted off the field on the vehicle.

DeadMoney
05-06-2007, 08:18 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-phillies-garciahurt&prov=ap&type=lgns

Garcia bruised his left leg in the collision, raising question as to whether he will be able to make his scheduled start Monday night in the opener of a three-game series at Arizona. Garcia, who was running to try to catch a fly ball, toppled onto the cart used by the grounds crew and was clearly in pain. He was quickly carted off the field on the vehicle.

<teal>:smokin:</teal>

Oh Freddy...

QCIASOXFAN
05-06-2007, 08:22 PM

Oh Freddy...
:lol: That's funny. Sounds like he should be fine though.

FireMariotti
05-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Garcia, who was running to try to catch a fly ball, toppled onto the cart used by the grounds crew and was clearly in pain. He was quickly carted off the field on the vehicle.

Sorry, but this made me chuckle. It's like being hit by an ambulance.

IndianWhiteSox
05-06-2007, 08:33 PM

Oh Freddy...

Are you sure you need teal for that?
:tongue:

eriqjaffe
05-06-2007, 10:23 PM
This might be one of the funniest injuries since Vince Coleman was injured by the tarp rolling machine (http://www.baseballlibrary.com/baseballlibrary/features/flashbacks/10_13_1985.stm).

Hitmen77
05-06-2007, 10:36 PM
When reading that article, I clicked the link on Freddy's name and saw that his ERA is 6.05 this season. :o: Though it's early, I didn't realize he was struggling so much.

getonbckthr
05-06-2007, 11:20 PM
When reading that article, I clicked the link on Freddy's name and saw that his ERA is 6.05 this season. :o: Though it's early, I didn't realize he was struggling so much.
Ya but what a horrible deal I mean we gave up that for Gio and Floyd, what were we doin!

The Immigrant
05-07-2007, 08:01 AM
How's the cart doing?

itsnotrequired
05-07-2007, 08:05 AM
Ya but what a horrible deal I mean we gave up that for Gio and Floyd, what were we doin!

Don't forget the $9 million+ in payroll savings.:cool:

Of course, it is far too early to evaluate the trade.

WhiteSoxJunkie
05-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Did anyone see that gash on his shin?! MERCY!

balke
05-07-2007, 06:38 PM

His last game out he got really sharp at the end of the outing. If he plays tonight I bet he wins. I understand players gotta go, but I'm still rooting for Garcia. I think he'll do great in Philly, and hopefully turn them around so they can make the playoffs.

EastCoastSoxFan
05-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Sorry, but this made me chuckle.It made Ryan Howard (the one who hit the ball) damn near bust a gut.
For some reason CSN had their cameras rolling during batting practice (perhaps hoping to catch a Ryan Howard moonshot or two), and after it happened they showed Howard laughing his ass off and saying, "Who was that?"
It sorta reminded me of Scotty's home run in Game 2 and Rowand saying, "No way.....NO WAY....." in that "I can't believe I just saw what I just saw" type of way...

soxfanatlanta
05-08-2007, 09:11 AM
Is the cart OK?
:wink:

southside rocks
05-08-2007, 09:21 AM
A week or so ago, Freddy pitched against the Braves. The game was on ESPN. During the game, Freddy singled and advanced to second on a hit by Rollins; he then took off on a Rowand pop fly, which was caught by Andruw Jones in center -- Freddy was ten feet off third base when Jones gloved the ball and flipped to second to force Freddy. It was such atrocious base-running that the ESPN guys were absolutely apoplectic. Freddy was, too, you could read his lips. :redface:

The Phils ended up losing by one run, so that blunder proved costly.

I love Freddy but I don't miss him.

IndianWhiteSox
05-08-2007, 09:40 AM
A week or so ago, Freddy pitched against the Braves. The game was on ESPN. During the game, Freddy singled and advanced to second on a hit by Rollins; he then took off on a Rowand pop fly, which was caught by Andruw Jones in center -- Freddy was ten feet off third base when Jones gloved the ball and flipped to second to force Freddy. It was such atrocious base-running that the ESPN guys were absolutely apoplectic. Freddy was, too, you could read his lips. :redface:

The Phils ended up losing by one run, so that blunder proved costly.

I love Freddy but I don't miss him.

Oh the effects of Marijuana.

soxtalker
05-08-2007, 09:53 AM
His last game out he got really sharp at the end of the outing. If he plays tonight I bet he wins. I understand players gotta go, but I'm still rooting for Garcia. I think he'll do great in Philly, and hopefully turn them around so they can make the playoffs.

Hopefully, you are right. I think that it is in the Sox best interest for Freddy to do as well as possible (unless he faces us, of course). For the benefit of future deals, it is nice to have a happy trading partner.