PDA

View Full Version : WORST BASEBALL SEASON EVER!!!!

Viva Magglio
07-31-2001, 10:54 PM
I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS G**DAMN CRAP!!!! We're playing the g**damn Kansas City Royals and we can't hit water if we fell out of a g**damn boat!!!!

This is EASILY the most frustrating baseball season in my lifetime. In my opinion, it's far worse than 1995. I cannot say 1984 was worse because I was not old enough then (14) to fully realize the sting of the frustration from that season. I have totally had it with the mediocre baseball our franchise has shown us this season. And as if that isn't bad enough, we have to endure the consequenes of you know who winning at the same time. No doubt, we are experiencing our worst possible nightmare as White Sox fans.

It's time...for a revolution against the Reinsdorf regime. We want a winner and we want it G**DAMN NOW!!!!!!!!!

danman31
07-31-2001, 10:57 PM
Just imagine how the teams that have worse records than us feel.

KempersRS
07-31-2001, 11:00 PM

I would bet they feel a whole lot better. They know they suck and the season is over, our guys just try to pretend they are a real team, then they go and play like ***** for a week.

Iguana775
07-31-2001, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by danman31

but i dont think they have the talent we do. it's just NOONE gets a clutch hit.

Tragg
07-31-2001, 11:09 PM
The amazing thing about this season is how we have as good a record as we do.

We can thank the tigers and, until tonight, the royals i guess.

1 run against royals pitching????? Man.

PutItOnTheBoard
07-31-2001, 11:16 PM
1 run against royals pitching?????

Did you see the game? This Byrd kid had good stuff. Sometimes you actually do have to give the other guy some credit. His curve ball was devastating. That said, it doesn't excuse some of the terrible at-bats we had. First pitch swinging outs by Carlos and Herbert in his pinch-hit. Durham hitting the 3-1. On and on.

The thing that really sucks is that we win Sunday and today, we're 6.5 out. Wow, now that really stings.

Daver
07-31-2001, 11:22 PM
That Byrd kid featured something you don't see much of anymore,it used to be called a screwball but I'm sure there is a new name now,it is a curve that breaks backwards.It is tough on the arm to throw that pitch.

Procol Harum
07-31-2001, 11:25 PM
Worst season ever? It does sukketh with gusto, but it's not the worst ever from a pure Sox perspective. What WOULD make this the worst season ever, however, would be an extended Cub run deep into the playoffs. Heaven forbid they should--no, I can't even bring myself to type the words.

Jerry_Manuel
07-31-2001, 11:30 PM
What WOULD make this the worst season ever, however, would be an extended Cub run deep into the playoffs. Heaven forbid they should--no, I can't even bring myself to type the words.

If the Cubs make it to the Series I shall refer to it as the little league world series. Yes you have to give them credit for playing well but the National League is a big pile of crap this year outside of the NL West.

:crimedog
L.L.W.S

Daver
07-31-2001, 11:32 PM
The sCrUBS won't make it out of the first round.You heard it here first.

Procol Harum
07-31-2001, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by daver
The sCrUBS won't make it out of the first round.You heard it here first.

I pray you are a prophet. Unfortunately, the Cub fan scum will flail us all winter long if they so much as win a single game after our debacle vs. Seattle last year.

steff
08-01-2001, 09:54 AM
The Cubs wont make it TO the first round...

harwar
08-01-2001, 10:23 AM
I've been a Sox fan for 35 years.After a couple more decades maybe you'll get used to the frustration,agrivation,depression,and not near enough elation of being a full time,blowed-in-the-glass White Sox fan.I never have.The roller coaster ride of being a Sox fan is not for everyone(i have the ulcers to prove it).However;It was SO MUCH EASIER to take when i had the Bears and the Blackhawks to look forward to.Now they are even MORE depressing than the White Sox.I believe the worst season by far was the strike year,as it was our best shot at getting to the World Series.Oh well,i'll continue to be a never-say-die Sox fan until they pry my tv remote from my cold dead fingers. GO SOX!! in 2002!

steff
08-01-2001, 11:48 AM
I second that harwar!! I've been a Sox fan literally since diapers. I didn't even know the Cubs existed until I was in pre school! My dad, grampa, great grampa, and I went to EVERY home game in '74, '75, '76, and '77. I honestly thought Comiskey Park was "home". I'm there until the end... glad I have good insurance :-)

Chisox353014
08-01-2001, 12:08 PM
"Worst baseball season..ever!"