PDA

View Full Version : Zumaya Injured

infohawk
05-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Baseball Tonight just announced that Joel Zumaya has suffered some kind of serious injury. They said it as the show was ending, so no details were forthcoming. I went over to the Tigers message board (nothing was posted on ESPN or the Tigers' website) and a thread mentioned that Zumaya felt a "popping" sound in his finger.

DickAllen72
05-05-2007, 10:26 PM
It begins... :cool:

Brian26
05-05-2007, 10:27 PM
http://www.tektruth.com/moxie/moxiepix/a44.jpg

FloridaTigers
05-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Much better then a wrist or elbow pop.

itsnotrequired
05-05-2007, 10:35 PM

Stock joke.

:redneck

DickAllen72
05-05-2007, 10:40 PM
http://blog.mlive.com/tigersinsider/2007/05/zumaya_i_think_i_dislocated_my.html

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Tigers say they still have no official word on Joel Zumaya's injury, but it doesn't look good at all. Zumaya is headed for the disabled list, and his stay there will likely be measured in months rather than weeks.
Zumaya was warming up in the bullpen in the eighth inning tonight. Bullpen coach Jeff Jones said he shook his middle finger after throwing a breaking ball, but that he said he was fine. Then Zumaya threw a fastball.
``He looked at me and said, `I think I dislocated my finger,' '' Jones said.

ChiSoxGirl
05-05-2007, 10:59 PM
I am beside myself with grief. I don't wish injury on someone, but I have strongly disliked this guy since last July when he tried to start something with the Sox by yelling at them in their dugout after coming off the mound.

dcb56
05-05-2007, 11:00 PM
ESPN just reported on SC that he dislocated his finger.

Brian26
05-05-2007, 11:02 PM
I have strongly disliked this guy since last July when he tried to start something with the Sox by yelling at them in their dugout after coming off the mound.

I still have issue with the fan behind home plate at Comerica who was waving the red hankerchief trying to distract Sox pitchers. I hope he dislocated something over the offseason too.:D:

ChiSoxGirl
05-05-2007, 11:04 PM
I still have issue with the fan behind home plate at Comerica who was waving the red hankerchief trying to distract Sox pitchers. I hope he dislocated something over the offseason too.:D:

:roflmao:So do I! :wink:

RadioheadRocks
05-05-2007, 11:05 PM

Along those lines, anyone else here remember that large blonde woman sitting behind home plate at Shea Stadium during the 1986 World Series who kept doing that rolling motion with her arms every time the Red Sox pitcher was getting ready to pitch?

Palehose Pete
05-05-2007, 11:13 PM
Ummmm, yeah. Zumaya throws hard and all, but he's one pitcher and a middle reliever at that. Get a grip, everyone, and let's celebrate the Sox win today rather than this piece of news.

JB98
05-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Zumaya is on my last-place fantasy team. Like Eric Gagne and Rich Harden before him, he was doomed to get injured. :cool:

thomas35forever
05-05-2007, 11:47 PM
Oh God I remember that. The Sox should force that guy to travel with the team to every game for the rest of the year so the pitching staff will be lights out.

oeo
05-05-2007, 11:52 PM
Ummmm, yeah. Zumaya throws hard and all, but he's one pitcher and a middle reliever at that. Get a grip, everyone, and let's celebrate the Sox win today rather than this piece of news.

Because people don't like the douche? Zumaya is a ****ing *******.

Palehose Pete
05-06-2007, 12:11 AM
Because people don't like the douche? Zumaya is a ****ing *******.

Hey, he a middle relief d-bag. I'm not sending him him a card for the holidays, so it's not like I care about the guy. I'm saying that in the big picture, he's not critical to the Sox' fate, so chill and let's be happy about today's win and the non-HR way we went about it.

slobes
05-06-2007, 12:28 AM

Haha that's the very first thing I thought of when I saw the title of this thread.

MUsoxfan
05-06-2007, 12:43 AM
Zumaya is on my last-place fantasy team. Like Eric Gagne and Rich Harden before him, he was doomed to get injured. :cool:

I've been wanting to drop him for some time. Now I'm glad he gave me no choice

CHISOXFAN13
05-06-2007, 12:49 AM
Hey, he a middle relief d-bag. I'm not sending him him a card for the holidays, so it's not like I care about the guy. I'm saying that in the big picture, he's not critical to the Sox' fate, so chill and let's be happy about today's win and the non-HR way we went about it.

Middle reliever or not, he was a pretty big reason the Tigers were playing in the postseason last year. Their bullpen was pretty much nails.

MUsoxfan
05-06-2007, 12:52 AM
Middle reliever or not, he was a pretty big reason the Tigers were playing in the postseason last year. Their bullpen was pretty much nails.

He was excellent last year. He hasn't been really bad this year but he's certainly been more hittable. This is big for the Tigers. Todd Jones can hit the wall at anytime and I don't think they have anyone that can really take his place.

johnnyg83
05-06-2007, 01:13 AM
I think the guy's a Jose Lima type jackhole, and there've been games against the Sox where he's been untouchable. I hope they have to amputate and he ends ups as a breader at Long John Silver's.

TDog
05-06-2007, 01:57 AM

Zumaya was their best reliever last year. Many peole believed he should have been the closer. This year he still has the best stuff, although he has blown at least a couple of leads, including one to the Sox. The Tigers bullpen isn't as deep as it was last year and now it's even weaker.

If an injury teaches this guy some humility, I have no problem with him being injured.

dcb56
05-06-2007, 05:12 AM

Umm... this is the Talking Baseball forum and it is baseball news, not to mention a setback for the Tigers, so I don't see what your problem with the discussion is.

bigfoot
05-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Along those lines, anyone else here remember that large blonde woman sitting behind home plate at Shea Stadium during the 1986 World Series who kept doing that rolling motion with her arms every time the Red Sox pitcher was getting ready to pitch?

Will this get Bill Buckner off the hook?

Tiger23
05-06-2007, 08:24 AM
Hey everyone, don't know if you remember me or not but I used to hang out on here a bit last year. I figured now was as good a time as any to come check the board out again, being that I figured there would be some good commentary on Mr. Zumaya.

I didn't think you guys would be all that disappointed that he went down, as lots of teams around the league seem to have problems with him. I myself get annoyed a bit with some of his antics. He seems to me like a young, immature, macho punk who doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut.

Anyway, anyone who doesn't think this was a devastating injury for the Tigers is dead wrong. If you follow this Tigers team then you know he is one of the most important players on it. He is constantly getting brought in to tight games and huge jams. He was in a funk earlier in the year, but has been pitching really well lately.

On top of this, the teams isn't saying it but it looks like he will be out for a very long time, possibly the season. This will definitely have an effect on the race in the Central.

Nice to be here again. And I'll just throw a few of these on here so you guys don't have to :-):dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll:

Brian26
05-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Stock joke.

:redneck

Is it? I didn't mean to copy off him. Has he been posting much on other boards since he got banned?
:duck:

Grzegorz
05-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Anyway, anyone who doesn't think this was a devastating injury for the Tigers is dead wrong. If you follow this Tigers team then you know he is one of the most important players on it. He is constantly getting brought in to tight games and huge jams. He was in a funk earlier in the year, but has been pitching really well lately.

Yeah???

Do a fellow baseball fan a solid and suggest a replacement on my fantasy roster for this guy...

As a White Sox fan all I have to say is that the injury bug seems to be spreading... Hopefully ours is the healthiest team down the stretch.

DumpJerry
05-06-2007, 10:32 AM
So, when are you going to pick up Johan and Sabathia?

MarySwiss
05-06-2007, 10:34 AM
So, when are you going to pick up Johan and Sabathia?

Speaking of which, the Republic had a mention this morning that Mauer was pulled from the lineup yesterday with some kind of strain. Don't know any more than that, though.

Tiger23
05-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Yeah???

Do a fellow baseball fan a solid and suggest a replacement on my fantasy roster for this guy...

As a White Sox fan all I have to say is that the injury bug seems to be spreading... Hopefully ours is the healthiest team down the stretch.

Jose Mesa!!!

Yeah the Central race is going to be tight, and injuries will play a role like they always do. One of the biggest differences between the 05 and 06 Tigers was health. You start losing the big guns and you're not going to hang around this year.

California Sox
05-06-2007, 02:07 PM

I have Harden on my second-to-last place fantasy team along with Pods, Thome, King Felix, and Zumaya. I may have to fire my training staff.

Lip Man 1
05-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Mary:

Mauer has been put on the 15 day DL with a quad strain.

Lip

cwsfannick
05-06-2007, 06:30 PM
The injury bug really seems to be spreading and to star players. Mauer on the DL woth a quadricep injury, Zumaya hurt last night, Westbrook earlier this week. It seems to me that the team who stays the healthiest could have the best chance to win this division.

The other problem with all these injuries is the fact that it is so early in the season that no teams will be willing to trade. Replacements will have to come from the minors. This will show the depth of these teams systems.

GAsoxfan
05-07-2007, 06:02 PM
He ruptured a tendon in his middle right finger.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2863225

The Immigrant
05-07-2007, 06:03 PM
He requires surgery to repair a ruptured tendon in his middle finger and will be out at least 12 weeks.

MarySwiss
05-07-2007, 06:07 PM
Mary:

Mauer has been put on the 15 day DL with a quad strain.

Lip

Thanks, Lip. I figured it was something fairly nasty when they pulled him out.

JB98
05-07-2007, 07:00 PM
I have Harden on my second-to-last place fantasy team along with Pods, Thome, King Felix, and Zumaya. I may have to fire my training staff.

I'm thinking of releasing Konerko off my fantasy team. That way, maybe he'll start hitting. :cool:

cheeses_h_rice
05-07-2007, 07:58 PM
He ruptured a tendon in his middle right finger.

http://www.facade.com/celebrity/photo/Jerry_Seinfeld.jpg