PDA

View Full Version : Two games in Milwaukee

MattSharp
03-27-2002, 12:05 AM
Is anyone going to the two exhibition games in Milwaukee? I go to school up here, and if I don't go home, but I don't think I can find anyone to go with. Don't take me wrong I am not looking for people to go with, just wanted to see who was going

MarqSox
03-27-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by MattSharp
Is anyone going to the two exhibition games in Milwaukee? I go to school up here, and if I don't go home, but I don't think I can find anyone to go with. Don't take me wrong I am not looking for people to go with, just wanted to see who was going

Where you go Matt? And yeah, I'll be at at least one of the games, probably the Friday one.

Bucktown
03-27-2002, 12:28 AM
I went last year. It was fabulous since it was the first game in the new Miller Park. We got there when the gates opened and grabbed a seat at the TGIF above the Sox bullpen. David Wells and Jon Garland threw balls up to my girls. Then I caught one thrown by Jose Valentin from the outfield.

Alas, it is not in the cards for this year. Too much work on Friday and too much kid's birthday party on Saturday.

MattSharp
03-27-2002, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by MarqSox

Where you go Matt? And yeah, I'll be at at least one of the games, probably the Friday one.

I got to Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE). I am Orthodox so Easter is not this weekend for me. So the only reason I would have to go home is to go out with this girl I like, and I don't know if she will be around. IF she isn't I am not gonna bother going home. I am thinking about going to the game(s), but I don't know. I am still looking for people to go and deciding if I can afford it, and if I will even be here.....

mrwag
03-27-2002, 02:10 PM
I'll be there on Saturday. Got some cheap $8 bleacher seats. Looking forward to it! Never been to Miller.

raul12
03-27-2002, 02:35 PM
miller's a gorgeous park--too bad the team that calls it home is one sorry excuse for a team. I found out the other day that 6 starters on this year's brew crew are from the 97(?) cubs team that lost 100 games. wow, and some people think selig is smart....

MarqSox
03-27-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by mrwag
I'll be there on Saturday. Got some cheap $8 bleacher seats. Looking forward to it! Never been to Miller.

I sat in those $8 seats last year. Kinda cool if you don't mind not being able to see center field, hear the announcer or see the scoreboard. On the plus side, you're right behind the Sox bullpen.

mrwag
03-27-2002, 08:06 PM
Thought I'd give it a shot, being the cheap-skate that I am and all... Too bad you can't get a seat at Comiskey for under 18 bucks.

MattSharp
03-28-2002, 12:30 AM
Well the lovely lady agreed to go on a date with me :) So that means I won't be up here this weekend. Have fun at the games peeps....

foulkesfan11
03-28-2002, 09:08 AM
I'll be there Saturday. Should be interesting. Can't wait to see Miller Park. That will be my 15th stadium!

MattSharp
03-28-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
I'll be there Saturday. Should be interesting. Can't wait to see Miller Park. That will be my 15th stadium!

I've seen 10 and I hope to make Kaufmann Stadium my 11th this summer. I am only 18 too :smile: I plan on hitting up a bunch more before I hit 25. Hopefully at least another 5-10.....

When Boston gets a new stadium that is a certainty cause I can use my family to stay with. If I am up for the drive the Metrodome and Comerica Park are on the list too.....

Foulke You
03-28-2002, 02:26 PM
I'll be at the Saturday afternoon game in Miller Park. I have row 1 in the $5 "Bernie's bleacher" seats way up in Left Field. (I really splurged for those! $25 for 5 tickets. Looking forward to seeing Rauch pitch and having Maggs jack one up to me. I caught my 1st and only MLB ball at Miller last year in LF on the Sunday afternoon reg. season game. It'll have to be a clout to get it up where I'm sitting this time.

Anyone going to Fenway Park this year? I'm going to be at all 3 for the series in Boston and was wondering if anyone from this board is going to beantown this year?

Kilroy
03-29-2002, 03:05 PM
Leaving at 4 for the game tonight. Can't wait to see the Sox. It seems like forever since the last game. Sitting about 25 rows back, between home and 1st base. Should be good. Danny Wrong better be Wright tonight...

CerberusWG
03-29-2002, 03:20 PM
Not having a car makes it difficult for me to go there :)

Oh well, only have been to two stadiums anyways: Old Comiskey, and New Comiskey

FarmerAndy
03-29-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You

Anyone going to Fenway Park this year? I'm going to be at all 3 for the series in Boston and was wondering if anyone from this board is going to beantown this year?

I went to Fenway last summer. By far my favorite ballpark. That whole town lives for baseball. Everybody should experience it.

The funniest thing happened on that trip. I checked in to the Fenway Howard Johnson on saturday. It just so happened that my brother and my sister in-law were staying in the room next to me. I knew they were going to be in Boston that weekend, but we hadn't talked much about it. What are the chances that we'd end up in the same hotel with rooms right next to each other? That's weird, wild stuff.

After the sunday game we drove to NYC and went to Yankee stadium that tuesday. The Yanks were playing the Rangers, but it was so cool just to be in Yankee stadium.

TornLabrum
03-30-2002, 12:03 AM
I'll be at Saturday's game behind home plate in Sec. 117, Row 10. If you see an overweight guy in a Sox jacket and WSI T-shirt, that's me.

Foulke You
04-02-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy

I went to Fenway last summer. By far my favorite ballpark. That whole town lives for baseball. Everybody should experience it.

The funniest thing happened on that trip. I checked in to the Fenway Howard Johnson on saturday. It just so happened that my brother and my sister in-law were staying in the room next to me. I knew they were going to be in Boston that weekend, but we hadn't talked much about it. What are the chances that we'd end up in the same hotel with rooms right next to each other? That's weird, wild stuff.

After the sunday game we drove to NYC and went to Yankee stadium that tuesday. The Yanks were playing the Rangers, but it was so cool just to be in Yankee stadium.

Do you know of any good places to eat/drink after the game that is around Fenway? Preferably one that won't lynch me the moment I walk in with a White Sox jersey on?

foulkesfan11
04-02-2002, 10:57 PM
I'm going to Fenway this year too!

Miller Park was awesome though.

As of now, my favorite is still Arlington though.

Foulke You
04-03-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
I'm going to Fenway this year too!

Miller Park was awesome though.

As of now, my favorite is still Arlington though.

At least we know Keith Foulke will be well represented in Boston! I'm stoked about my Boston trip. I'm sitting in the right field corner near Maggs for Game 1, Row 7 near 1st base for game 2 :smile: , and Left field near the green monster for game 3. It's especially cool that the Monday and Wednesday games happened to be half price night at Fenway. We couldn't have planned it any better! Where are you sitting?

foulkesfan11
04-03-2002, 10:39 PM
I'm buying my tickets tonight. I looked online yesterday & all they had left were right field grandstand for $44.00!!! You say that Monday nights are half price? Maybe I'll call instead of booking them online! I'll let ya know.

foulkesfan11
04-04-2002, 12:41 AM
OK, Foulke You, Monday night's game sold out, so I'm going on Tuesday. We got section 11 Row 13. Where are you staying?

Foulke You
04-08-2002, 04:14 PM
Wow. I'm surprised it sold out so fast but then again Fenway is a small park. It is also my understanding that the week of the Whtie Sox/Red Sox series is also the week Boston College has their graduation so the hotels will be packed with out of town parents. If you haven't made reservations at a hotel, I suggest you do so now. I'm staying at a hotel called the Anchor Inn(?) about 8 miles from Fenway. I have to check my section # for Tuesday. All I remember is that it's near 1st base, row 7.

foulkesfan11
04-08-2002, 11:16 PM
I actually looked at that hotel online. We're staying at the BEst Western about 2 miles from the park. Can't wait to go!