PDA

View Full Version : Carpenter out 3 + months, will have surgery next week

JimEdmonds15
05-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Arthroscopic surgery next week.. will be out 3+ months.. more swelling and stuff!

thomas35forever
05-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Ooh boy. Doesn't bode well for St. Louis.

JB98
05-05-2007, 04:10 PM
It's going to be a long year for the Cardinals. That is no longer a good baseball team.

Brian26
05-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Not good. Brewers and Astros better get their stuff together.

JB98
05-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Not good. Brewers and Astros better get their stuff together.

I think the Brewers have it together. They are 19-10 and up early tonight. If they can keep this rolling another couple of weeks, they will have full command of that division.

Viva Medias B's
05-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Cards are toast. Here's to the Brew Crew holding onto the NL Central.

FarWestChicago
05-06-2007, 06:36 AM
It's going to be a long year for the Cardinals. That is no longer a good baseball team.They weren't a good baseball team when they lucked into the championship. I still think they were perhaps the worst team to ever win a title in any of the major sports. Detroit, sorry Oblong, totally jacked the nation with that collapse.

TDog
05-06-2007, 11:56 AM
They weren't a good baseball team when they lucked into the championship. I still think they were perhaps the worst team to ever win a title in any of the major sports. Detroit, sorry Oblong, totally jacked the nation with that collapse.

The Cardinals lost a lot of games late in the season and almost blew their big lead. The Tigers did blow their big divisional lead but had enough wins to get the wild card. Both teams were playing their worst baseball in September and pulled it together in October. Long seasons in division-split leagues and short-series playoffs will result in an occasional bad team making it to the World Series. That the Cards drew the Tigers was a fluke.

The 1973 Mets were a weak National League champion at 82-79. The weather was so miserable and the crowd so tiny at Wrigley Field the last Sunday of the season that after the Mets clinched in Game 1, the second game of the doubleheader was canceled. The A's, though, meant business in those days and didn't fool around in the World Series.