Viva Medias B's
05-04-2007, 11:31 PM
Boys and girls, that was not good.

RadioheadRocks
05-04-2007, 11:32 PM
that sucked ass

cleanwsox
05-04-2007, 11:33 PM
I could use a Jim Leylandish rant from Ozzie one of these days. There is no life on this sorry ass team right now.

soxfanatlanta
Completely outclassed in every aspect of the game. These guys have a lot of work to do to get out of this funk.

whitesoxfan
Hate to say it, but this is just not a very good baseball team.

Vernam
So, when do you think the soxs will start there fire sale? :puking:

Vernam

ilsox7
Utter rubbish. Any time a leader on this team wants to step up and get the team playing baseball the way it's meant to be played is OK by me.

itsnotrequired
That Comcast commercial with the apartment and Spider Man guy is on right now. The commercial is better than the game.

Brian26
That World Series trophy is getting smaller and smaller in the rearview mirror.

stl_sox_fan
Unless there is a mad rush to Jenny Craig, the entire lineup might not be batting their weight by next week!!!

Navarro's Talent
Yeah, this offense is really hard to watch right now.

Corlose 15
This team is in trouble.

Turcle
05-04-2007, 11:35 PM
I remember when Ozzie said watching them play like crap made him throw up. They played the same way last year, and he complimented the other team instead of telling his guys to get their acts together and play better...I think we need the old 2005 Ozzie.

BanditJimmy
Any game with either Mack or Cintron in the line-up, I will shut off my TV and find something else to do.

What a suckfest!

Tragg
The lineup has only two really good hitters, and they're both in slumps.

Navarro's Talent
05-04-2007, 11:36 PM
I really really hope this team can make a crazy run like the Twins normally do when they start off slow. If the Sox can't get on a great run, I'll be very worried.

briguy27
05-04-2007, 11:37 PM
I could use a Jim Leylandish rant from Ozzie one of these days. There is no life on this sorry ass team right now.

i said that a week ago. soembody finally agrees

well at least we got 1 guy hitting- dye. 1 down, 8 to go

DickAllen72
05-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Hate to say it, but this is just not a very good baseball team.
Right now, they are probably the worst team in baseball.

Cintron is useless, and Mackowiak sucks. Uribe didn't need a day off after an off day yesterday.

Play Ozuna at second base for a while. Iguchi has been looking bad in the field lately and he has a puss arm. Let him DH. Keep Sweeney in LF.

It can't get any worse than this.

Turcle
05-04-2007, 11:39 PM
Boy I sure am glad I studied hard all day so I could watch that...what a great way to end a night then have to take a test the next day...

Patrick134
Jose actually pitched very well. Good things ahead soon for this team.

cleanwsox
i said that a week ago. soembody finally agrees

well at least we got 1 guy hitting- dye. 1 down, 8 to go

It worked last year when Leyland recognized that the Tigers were going through the motions. Well the Sox have been like that for almost a week now and I haven't heard much from Ozzie. It could be behind closed doors which is fine, but there are obviously no results so far.

BanditJimmy
well, we scored one (1) run w/ out a HR today...

soxfanatlanta
05-04-2007, 11:40 PM

Actually it can; if the pitching falls off, then we're completely screwed.

DickAllen72
That Comcast commercial with the apartment and Spider Man guy is on right now. The commercial is better than the game.
:D:

Turcle

Cintron is useless, and Mackowiak sucks. Uribe didn't need a day off after an off day yesterday.

Play Ozuna at second base for a while. Iguchi has been looking bad in the field lately and he has a puss arm. Let him DH. Keep Sweeney in LF.

His mom is sick that why he wasn't in there, not trying to be dick, but that's the reason.

It was posted like on the site halfway through the game that's the only way I knew.

cleanwsox
Uribe didn't need a day off after an off day yesterday.

He wasn't with the team.

soxfanatlanta
05-04-2007, 11:41 PM
It worked last year when Leyland recognized that the Tigers were going through the motions. Well the Sox have been like that for almost a year now and I haven't heard much from Ozzie. It could be behind closed doors which is fine, but there are obviously no results so far.

Fixed it for you.

Tragg
05-04-2007, 11:41 PM

Cintron has played 5 of the last 6 games. He should spell Uribe once a week - that's it.

BanditJimmy
05-04-2007, 11:42 PM

Same story from a week ago. Good pitching no offense. This story is getting old.

Viva Medias B's
The White Sox right now are as interesting and competitive as Northwestern football was between the Alex Agase and Gary Barnett eras.

DickAllen72
His mom is sick that why he wasn't in there, not trying to be dick, but that's the reason.
I didn't know that. Did he go home to be with her? Let's hope she gets well soon.

QCIASOXFAN
05-04-2007, 11:43 PM
I remember when Ozzie said watching them play like crap made him throw up. They played the same way last year, and he complimented the other team instead of telling his guys to get their acts together and play better...I think we need the old 2005 Ozzie.
Sensitivity training kicked his ass.

JB98
05-04-2007, 11:44 PM
I didn't know that. Did he go home to be with her? Let's hope she gets well soon.

Apparently, Juan is with his mother in Chicago.

Turcle
Sensitivity training kicked his ass.

Seriously its lame as hell.

sidenote - Uribe went to be with his sick mom to try to tend to her.

BanditJimmy
The White Sox right now are as interesting and competitive as Northwestern football was between the Alex Agase and Gary Barnett eras.

I rather watch the Blackhawks right now.

DickAllen72
05-04-2007, 11:45 PM
Cintron has played 5 of the last 6 games. He should spell Uribe once a week - that's it.
I'd rather have the Sox use Ozuna at SS than Cintron. Cintron has no range, can't hit and now has a bum arm due to the surgery.

JB98
05-04-2007, 11:46 PM
I'd rather have the Sox use Ozuna at SS than Cintron. Cintron has no range, can't hit and now has a bum arm due to the surgery.

It's a thought. I'd like to see Pablo at the bottom of the order tomorrow, either at SS or DH.

Mackowiak, Cintron and Sweeney: That's not going to get it done.

ondafarm
05-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Honestly, I think the Sox are on the verge of coming out of their slump.

lostfan
05-04-2007, 11:47 PM
My wife laughed out loud when Erstad lost that fly ball and had it land 25 feet behind him. Meh, I guess that **** happens.

Viva Medias B's
05-04-2007, 11:48 PM

I hope you are right, and I think you could be right.

Turcle
05-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Ya know that whole thing about being lucky or being good, we have neither on our side right now thats in part why this is all so bad.

JB98
05-04-2007, 11:49 PM

I'll hold you to that. Some of the looney-tune crap defensively tonight suggests this loss might have been rock bottom.

cleanwsox
05-04-2007, 11:49 PM

Shouldn't be too hard. 4 runs would be considered them getting out of it.

Turcle
05-04-2007, 11:50 PM
I'll hold you to that. Some of the looney-tune crap defensively tonight suggests this loss might have been rock bottom.

Rock bottom would the Rangers against Mark Buehrle.

JB98
I'll be sure to have Lackey in the my fantasy lineup tomorrow. My fantasy team sucks. The Sox will rock his ass tomorrow.:cool:

Bill Naharodny

I guess you forgot the dream 4-7 season of 1986 under Francis Peay.

Tragg
That's a good idea.
WE have a minimum of 2 utility players in the lineup every night; that's a problem. And when one has to DH, it's a big problem.

BanditJimmy

What gives you this indication, the huge 6 hit performance tonight?

I could see us breaking out with Lackey and Colon the next two days and then the Twins for 3 games after that.

QCIASOXFAN
05-04-2007, 11:51 PM
It's a thought. I'd like to see Pablo at the bottom of the order tomorrow, either at SS or DH.

Mackowiak, Cintron and Sweeney: That's not going to get it done.
I would just like to see Pablo in the lineup, we need his spark and intensity. One good thing about Pablo is at least he tries or at least looks like he does. He may stink in the OF at times but you will always see that man going his hardest, more than I can say for a select few in the lineup at the moment.

DickAllen72
05-04-2007, 11:52 PM
I would just like to see Pablo in the lineup, we need his spark and intensity. One good thing about Pablo is at least he tries or at least looks like he does. He may stink in the OF at times but you will always see that man going his hardest, more than I can say for a select few in the lineup at the moment.
Amen.

lowestofthelow
05-04-2007, 11:53 PM
Just walked back to my hotel from the game. Pathetic is too kind of a word to describe the club. Erstad did not pick up that flyball at all which was unusual given that he's played here so much. The Angel fans were really great as far as respecting what he has done for their club.

Funny side note..There was a cow milking contest before the game and Boone Logan lost that too!!

Turcle
05-04-2007, 11:55 PM
With all the injuries right now I don't get why Ozzie insists on putting liabilities in the outfield (Mack/Ozuna) instead of natural outfielders (Sweeney/Terrero) and putting Ozuna in to lead off and play them as DH, your DH doesn't doesn't have to power hit. It would be nice but we have power threats. Like I think when they change the lineup when our players come back there might be another slump (if they get out of this one) because of all the players getting into their new roles in the lineup.

BanditJimmy
05-04-2007, 11:56 PM
We are quick to claim that Greg Walker is stealing a pay-check here, I am more concerned with player development down in the minors. IT is times like these where you need young prospects to come in and step up for you when injuries happen, there is ZERO offensive talent down in the Farm right now.

Turcle
05-04-2007, 11:57 PM
We are quick to claim that Greg Walker is stealing a pay-check here, I am more concerned with player development down in the minors. IT is times like these where you need young prospects to come in and step up for you when injuries happen, there is ZERO offensive talent down in the Farm right now.

Can we really say that when they aren't even getting playing time, Terrero and Sweeney and even Anderson all sat while we played bench players as starters.

BanditJimmy
05-04-2007, 11:57 PM
Funny side note..There was a cow milking contest before the game and Boone Logan lost that too!!

Did he milk the cow better than he can hold that base-runner at 2B in the 8th?

BanditJimmy
05-04-2007, 11:58 PM
Can we really say that when they aren't even getting playing time, Terrero and Sweeney and even Anderson all sat while we played bench players as starters.

No one is hitting down at the farm. Sweeney was hitting .252 before being called up.

Rowandws33
05-04-2007, 11:59 PM
they will come out of the funk...have a little faith guys its may the first week of may relax..

Vernam
05-05-2007, 12:00 AM
Funny side note..There was a cow milking contest before the game and Boone Logan lost that too!!One of the cows stole third base on him. :cool:

I'm looking forward to the Grinder Bash tomorrow, presumably with the Bulls on the Jumbotron. Could be just the antidote to this mess . . .

Way too early to panic, but this sure does blow. At least MIN and CLE lost.

Vernam

Turcle
05-05-2007, 12:01 AM
No one is hitting down at the farm. Sweeney was hitting .252 before being called up.

That seems reasonable then, but the otherside of that coin is that only one player Erstad is above .252 @ .258

briguy27
05-05-2007, 12:01 AM
I'll be sure to have Lackey in the my fantasy lineup tomorrow. My fantasy team sucks. The Sox will rock his ass tomorrow.:cool:

yea thats what everyone thinks, until tomorrow around 4 central time, when he's givin up 1 run on 5 hits through 7 innings.:(:

CLR01
05-05-2007, 12:08 AM
The bright side is they can't get any worse. :dunno:

gobears1987
05-05-2007, 12:10 AM
Another few weeks of this and I think we can stick our fork in this team. They seem a lot like the 2002 squad.

QCIASOXFAN
05-05-2007, 12:10 AM
I still can't believe Boone Logan was the best player we could put in for the cow milking contest.:angry:

BanditJimmy
05-05-2007, 12:12 AM
I still can't believe Boone Logan was the best player we could put in for the cow milking contest.:angry:

We could have used Herbert Perry tonight both with the Cow and maybe with the Bat.

CLR01

If ever there was a time to have Herbert Perry on your team. :(: Add him to the list of Gload, Durham, Rowand, Thomas and Maggs of former players we need back.

Turcle

Rookie/Short straw :dunno:

JB98
05-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Another few weeks of this and I think we can stick our fork in this team. They seem a lot like the 2002 squad.

Well, we're five games back. It could be worse, considering. We can make up five games by playing well for about 10 days. It's a hole, but not a big hole.

Another week or two of this ****, and we will have a problem on our hands. I don't expect the rest of the Central to wait for us.

QCIASOXFAN
05-05-2007, 12:19 AM
Rookie/Short straw :dunno:
Sweeney grew up in Cedar Rapids he knows how to get the job done.:angry: Another poor decision by Ozzie.:(:

BanditJimmy
05-05-2007, 12:20 AM
Just heard Farmers call of the ball Erstad lost in the sky tonight .... priceless !!!

Turcle
05-05-2007, 12:21 AM
Sweeney grew up in Cedar Rapids he knows how to get the job done.:angry: Another poor decision by Ozzie.:(:

Fire him! Pinella woulda gotten so much milk outta that cow he would have won the contest and been able to drink a whole gallon while doing it.

Brian26
05-05-2007, 12:23 AM
Caller on Rongey is complaining about the lineup and Kenny Williams, but he didn't watch the game. He wants to know who DH'd tonight.

thomas35forever
05-05-2007, 12:23 AM
Sorry if someone has said this already, but the Cubs officially have a better record than us. Oh well. Football season's coming up.

Brian26
05-05-2007, 12:24 AM
The caller blames Kenny Williams for trading Gload. He thinks Gload should be starting now.

lumpyspun
05-05-2007, 12:24 AM
Caller on Rongey is complaining about the lineup and Kenny Williams, but he didn't watch the game. He wants to know who DH'd tonight.

Ha, that's classic.

soxfan123
05-05-2007, 12:26 AM
we suck

Blueprint1
This team is painful to watch.

gobears1987
Ha, that's classic.It's probably the windsock.

You really can't blame Ozzie or Kenny here. Everyone thought this team would be hitting. We have the right personnel on paper to do the job. The problem is they have all decided to slump at the same time.

Brian26
05-05-2007, 12:27 AM
Caller thinks nobody wanted Podsednik back, Erstad isn't major league caliber, Mackowiak should be on the bench, the Sox only have one major league outfield, Gload should be starting, Cintron sucks, the minor league system is barren, Kenny Williams is to blame, and he met Rongey at Connie's Pizza last year.

Patrick134
05-05-2007, 12:27 AM
we suck

Way to crystalize your posting skills there.

Patrick134
05-05-2007, 12:28 AM
Caller thinks nobody wanted Podsednik back, Erstad isn't major league caliber, Mackowiak should be on the bench, the Sox only have one major league outfield, Gload should be starting, Cintron sucks, the minor league system is barren, and Kenny Williams is to blame, and he met Rongey at Connie's Pizza last year.

This guy is insane. I mean who eats Connie's pizza in Chicago?

itsnotrequired
05-05-2007, 12:29 AM
Way to crystalize your posting skills there.

Maybe he has a mouse in his pocket.

:redneck

QCIASOXFAN
05-05-2007, 12:29 AM
Caller thinks nobody wanted Podsednik back, Erstad isn't major league caliber, Mackowiak should be on the bench, the Sox only have one major league outfield, Gload should be starting, Cintron sucks, the minor league system is barren, and Kenny Williams is to blame, and he met Rongey at Connie's Pizza last year.
I heard that, he was basically like who would have thought Thome and Pods would be hurt and the bats would go iceeeeee cold.

Brian26
05-05-2007, 12:31 AM
This guy is insane. I mean who eats Connie's pizza in Chicago?

Hahaha :D:

lumpyspun
05-05-2007, 12:32 AM
Caller thinks nobody wanted Podsednik back, Erstad isn't major league caliber, Mackowiak should be on the bench, the Sox only have one major league outfield, Gload should be starting, Cintron sucks, the minor league system is barren, Kenny Williams is to blame, and he met Rongey at Connie's Pizza last year.

Yea, but who was the caller's pick for the Kentucky Derby? He sounds like he knows a lot about sports.

CLR01
05-05-2007, 12:34 AM
Yea, but who was the caller's pick for the Kentucky Derby?

Aaron Rowand by 6 lengths. He will win the triple crown if he doesn't hit the railing.

soxfan123
05-05-2007, 12:36 AM
They look like they aren't even trying to get out of the gargantuan slump they're in. For instance..

-Iguchi struck out about a week back and ran from the plate, with a strong suggestion (at least to me) that he was somewhat relieved to get the at bat over with.
-Pierzynski casually jogged to first tonight when he could've made a play had he run .
-Crede is not even thinking of working the count and swings at anything that comes his way, and only pops it up every time because he's just dying to hit 40 HRs.
-The overall body language is embarrassing to look at. If this were a team concerned with fixing the problem, one would think that their intuition would be to be more aggressive and have less patience and lackadaisical approach to each at bat.
-EVERY single out (at least it seems) is a pop up or a lazy fly ball which would suggest to me that their intention is to hit it out each time because they simply don't trust the people behind them to finish the job. That isn't a problem with the hitters to some extent, but it seems like the Sox have officially fallen into the hole that is hedging the bets of injury to earn a higher paycheck.

We are hardly a "grinder" team right now. At best, we're a hit-and-hope team that honestly wants to get home early every night. This sucks. Let's go bullssssss.

Nellie_Fox
05-05-2007, 12:38 AM
Aaron Rowand by 6 lengths. He will win the triple crown if he doesn't hit the railing.But it's rained some in Louisville today. How will Rowand do on a slow track?

QCIASOXFAN
05-05-2007, 12:41 AM
We are polar opposites on offense now then we were a few years back. I also agree that we look flat and deflated at times, most times.

SoxandtheCityTee
05-05-2007, 12:43 AM
That image of Erstad shrugging as the lost ball flies overhead -- in a park where he played for 11 years -- already seems to have a haunting quality to it. I'm trying to ignore it though. They can't stay this bad for long.

itsnotrequired
05-05-2007, 12:43 AM
But it's rained some in Louisville today. How will Rowand do on a slow track?

His father was a mudder and his mother was a mudder.

CLR01
05-05-2007, 12:44 AM

He's a dirt biker, he loves the slop. :smile:

BainesHOF
05-05-2007, 12:54 AM
I agree on Pierzynski. I've been willing to cut him some slack since he's a catcher and catching virtually every game. But it's never looked good and it looks worse with the team slumping.

cws05champ
05-05-2007, 01:01 AM
I can't even watch anymore....I 'm to the point of just laughing at the crap that went on tonight. Just depressing!!! I know it's still early, but we need Jim and Pods back in a big way.

HITMEN OF 77
05-05-2007, 01:04 AM
We might as well let someone out of the bullpen DH instead of waisting at bats with Cintron. :angry:

ThomesHomie
05-05-2007, 01:06 AM
As much as I agree with Ozzie, there are how many games left, 140 or so ? Who else thinks he really needs to step up and put a fire under there butts. Remember Leland last year for the tigers ? I mean really, some motivation or something. Now I'm not saying he is not doing this, but it sure seems like he is not.

Some of you guys jump way to fast though on the mother ship, fire sale, come on people, have a little hope.

BainesHOF
05-05-2007, 01:10 AM
There's no excuse for batting Cintron in a major league game right now, especially when we're dying offensively. He should have been sent to the minors for a short time to get his swing on track.

JB98
05-05-2007, 01:26 AM
There's no excuse for batting Cintron in a major league game right now, especially when we're dying offensively. He should have been sent to the minors for a short time to get his swing on track.

Uribe is not with the team right now. Cintron is the next best defensive option.

Domeshot17
05-05-2007, 01:53 AM
I hate to say this, because I 99.5% of the time dont feel this way, but for the next few days, **** the defense. We need to score runs. If you need Pablo at 2nd or Short to be a lead off hitterk for 2 days, do it. You need Mack in the OF, do it. Whatever we can do to wake this damn offense up. I didn't have to watch this because my Fiancee had a pre graduation ceremony tonight, and it sounds like I lucked out.

I get texts on my phone with the score every 2 or 3 innings, and man, this game sounds just like every other game this week,

SP gives up 3-5 runs int he first few innings, then shuts um down rest of the game, and the offense can't do a thing.

Ozzie Guillen needs to be put on the Hot Seat. I love him, but with the offense down like this for this long, the crap with AJ hitting clean up has to end.

You want a lineup that might score some runs, as unconventional as this is:

Lead off Iguchi, he is the team leader in OBP and walks
Ozuna 2
Dye 3
Erstad 4
PK 5
Crede 6
Sweeney7
Uribe 8
AJ 9

That offense could put up 4-5 a game without THome.

ZombieRob
05-05-2007, 02:37 AM
Why do people say its still early? 30 years Ive watched baseball in this city and there has never been a more fabricated statement.EVERY game means something,these games they aren't winning now can certainly cost them .IMO you can lose a division in April and may despite what the so called experts say.This Sox -Twins series definitely can mean the season for the Sox.

FireMariotti
05-05-2007, 02:42 AM
I guess i'll be the eternal optimist. We have no place to go but up.

This team is in a real funk right now. They need to start hitting for contact and not for power. I would rather see them work for 1 run an inning by using situational hitting and smart at bats. This HR mentallity at every at bat is just bull**** and its digging a deep hole faster than anyone would have imagined.

I trashed that "fire sale" thread earlier during the game, but if this kind of piss poor effort continues, I may have to agree with it.

Let's go White Sox. Wake up. Show some pride. We have the pitching, but the hitters need to do their part.

ZombieRob
05-05-2007, 02:48 AM
I guess i'll be the eternal optimist. We have no place to go but up.

This team is in a real funk right now. They need to start hitting for contact and not for power. I would rather see them work for 1 run an inning by using situational hitting and smart at bats. This HR mentallity at every at bat is just bull**** and its digging a deep hole faster than anyone would have imagined.

I trashed that "fire sale" thread earlier during the game, but if this kind of piss poor effort continues, I may have to agree with it.

Let's go White Sox. Wake up. Show some pride. We have the pitching, but the hitters need to do their part.
If the Sox are in 4th place by the Trade deadline you can book it some big names will be gone.If i were Williams id be looking into jump starting this Offense with a move.IMO Sox can kick Pods to the Curb .Noway you can count on him this year if hes out till June.

StillMissOzzie
05-05-2007, 02:53 AM
I rather watch the Blackhawks right now.
That would mean that the Blackhawks were in the SC playoffs, so a lot of people would!

Bill Veeck lives!

Was that the year the Sox were out of it by Memorial Day, having dug themselves a deep, deep hole in April and May? One of the most discouraging seasons I can recall ( none were worse than 1984, but I digress...)

Damn it, I wanted to make that post!

Geez, score some mofo runs!!!

SMO
:(: :angry:

Chisox003
05-05-2007, 03:51 AM
The White Sox aren't a baseball team...they're a softball team.

Very hard to watch right now.....

dcb56
05-05-2007, 04:12 AM

Probably better than the scrubs, sorry "Grinders," we have patrolling the outfield right now.

Wow, I'm glad I dozed off during this game, though it should come as no surprise this road trip has been brutal the way the Sox have been hitting recently. Hopefully they can turn the bats around this road trip, though the long dose of home cooking the team will get after they return to Chicago should help.

Grzegorz
05-05-2007, 04:55 AM

Digging yourself and your team a hole and then jumping into that hole in the beginning of the game, with poor defense to boot, is not an example of good pitching.

SBSoxFan
05-05-2007, 06:06 AM

http://www.bluemoonstuff.com/Firefly_Serenity/Resources/Mudders_Milk_cuW.jpg

Craig Grebeck
05-05-2007, 06:47 AM
Lead off Iguchi, he is the team leader in OBP and walks
Ozuna 2
Dye 3
Erstad 4
PK 5
Crede 6
Sweeney7
Uribe 8
AJ 9

No thanks. Put PK at 4, Erstad at 7, Sweeney to 9, and slide everyone else.

BeviBall!
05-05-2007, 08:10 AM
I have already turned off more games in the middle innings this year than from 2000-2006 combined.

Law11
05-05-2007, 08:17 AM
6 back now... This is getting ugly. KC is just 2 games from us..
I watched 3 innings last night. My shortest outing of the year.

WisSoxFan
05-05-2007, 08:19 AM
I completely disagree with the post about to hell with the defense put an line-up there that can score. When you're struggling to score then you have to put your best defensive team on the field because you can't give any runs away. I would have to go the Sparky Anderson route right now. I recall him saying when things are going well you get everyone involved and make them fell a part of the success. When you are scuffling you get your best nine players out there and ride their butts until you're out of the funk. Putting those two ideas together who would you put on the field, assuming Uribe is back with the team? That's the sixty-four thousand dollar question. I don't know the answer.

Jerko
05-05-2007, 08:23 AM
The ****ty hitting is bad enough, but this keystone cops defense is starting to get on my nerves too. ONE position player is injured, and a not very good defensive one at that, and nobody knows how to catch or throw anymore? I know Ozzie's hands were tied last night with no Uribe, but Cintron has been in there way too much lately even before last night. The guy is batting .070...... Sadly we have to use 2 non-starters a night now, and for some reason or other we usually use three, but we've been doing that for the past year and a month and were never this bad. Ozzie, please, One scrub per game in the outfield? LF is gonna suck anyway, throw a sub there who actually plays the position and let Ozuna DH. He's batting 50 points higher than Mack and 150 higher than Cintron. This leaves STARTERS in at every spot but LF. Granted none of those guys are doing anything either lately but they at least have track records and you would think sooner or later they'll come around. This is bad right now though, no denying that.

southside rocks
05-05-2007, 08:23 AM
I have already turned off more games in the middle innings this year than from 2000-2006 combined.

Same here. Or at least flipped back and forth from other games, because it's just too painful to watch this mess of a ballclub right now.

I bought MLB Extra Innings this year and I'm glad I did; there's always a game on. Last night I watched the Red Sox beat the Twins 2-0, and cheered for the Red Sox. It took my mind off the White Sox suckage for a short time.

SOXSINCE'70
05-05-2007, 08:27 AM
I bailed after the Halos made it 4-0.:puking:

kitekrazy
05-05-2007, 08:35 AM
The ****ty hitting is bad enough, but this keystone cops defense is starting to get on my nerves too. ONE position player is injured, and a not very good defensive one at that, and nobody knows how to catch or throw anymore? I know Ozzie's hands were tied last night with no Uribe, but Cintron has been in there way too much lately even before last night. The guy is batting .070...... Sadly we have to use 2 non-starters a night now, and for some reason or other we usually use three, but we've been doing that for the past year and a month and were never this bad. Ozzie, please, One scrub per game in the outfield? LF is gonna suck anyway, throw a sub there who actually plays the position and let Ozuna DH. He's batting 50 points higher than Mack and 150 higher than Cintron. This leaves STARTERS in at every spot but LF. Granted none of those guys are doing anything either lately but they at least have track records and you would think sooner or later they'll come around. This is bad right now though, no denying that.

It's more magnified when there is a 4 team race in a division. There's no such thing as "it's still early" when May ends.

KyWhiSoxFan
05-05-2007, 08:47 AM
The Sox offense was not very good in 2005, with a relatively mediocre batting average for the team that year. But they got timely hits and scored enough runs when they needed to, and were led by great pitching. The Sox offense last year was much better, but I think a lot can be attributed to the addition of Thome and the career year for Dye. Without Thome in the lineup and Pods out, the offense is reverting to 2005 form, though worse.

I don't expect the Sox of 2007 to just snap out of it one day and start hitting like gangbusters. I think they will have a sporadic offense all year. They need to get great pitching every start and start scrapping for one run at a time.

Jerko
05-05-2007, 08:49 AM
It's more magnified when there is a 4 team race in a division. There's no such thing as "it's still early" when May ends.

I agree. We lost a game to everyone ahead of us the other night, last night we stayed on par with Cle and Min but lost a game to Det, etc. We're tied with Minny in the loss column, so let's pass them and methodially catch up to the rest of the teams. We're gonna be in deep **** if we get into the position of having to win 12-13 games head to head against all 3 teams.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-05-2007, 09:08 AM
There were a lot of bad at-bats out there last night. It was like the Sox were trying to win the game while giving away 15 outs at the plate.
:o:

The team needs Pods and Thome back desperately because the substitutes are failing. And everyone else needs to get a clue, too.
:(:

cws05champ
05-05-2007, 09:53 AM
I agree that we need more offense(THE UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR), but You can't sacrifice too much on defense. I think cintron and Mack need to sit down.....how about this lineup:

Ozuna LF
Erstad CF
Dye DH
Konerko 1B
Przyinski(sp?) C
Iguchi 2B
Crede 3B
Sweeney RF
Uribe SS

Ozuna is not the best in the field, but he gives 100% effort on both sides...sweeney adds range in RF while dye goes to DH until Thome returns.

Jurr
05-05-2007, 10:11 AM
This team has no identity right now, and needs one fast. A scary tone was set in the first game of the season with Contreras getting bombed on the second pitch. The pitching staff has been surrendering early leads all season, then settling down after a couple of rough innings. When the Sox had a good approach for all of 7 games, they were able to get back into these games. Just about every win during that hot streak involved coming back from an early deficit.

The thing that worries me is the fact that in probably 70% of the games so far, the offense has been absolutely lost at the plate. The sample size is starting to get large enough that you can worry. The secret's out on this offense, and pitching coaches are locked in on that gameplan to stop the Sox night in and night out. This is where a hitting coach is supposed to work on helping his players adjust their mindsets to counteract what pitchers are trying to accomplish. I haven't seen it yet.

Damn, this feels a lot like '01, and it's pissing me off.

slobes
05-05-2007, 11:20 AM
I agree with everyone saying that the Sox aren't even worth watching on TV at the moment. This is the most ridiculous stretch of terrible offense ever. We have yet to let up more than 6 runs since April 24 but we only have 1 win since then. This blows.

palehozenychicty
05-05-2007, 11:45 AM
The bright side is they can't get any worse. :dunno:

Indeed. It is like Groundhog Day times 3.

HawkDJ
05-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Ok, a day later, this is kinda funny...right?
http://deadspin.com/sports/baseball/if-this-continues-darin-erstad-might-want-to-grab-a-helmet-257990.php

soxfanatlanta
05-05-2007, 12:10 PM
The team needs Pods and Thome back desperately because the substitutes are failing. And everyone else needs to get a clue, too.:(:

+ I agree

What bothers me most about your statement is the fact that we need Pods back; after his subpar performance last year, I never would have thought that I would be looking forward for his return.

Do not get me wrong, he can be electric when he's on his game, but he is too streaky for my tastes.

I sat through the whole game last night not because I though they would come back (JC kept them in it), but to see if they would even try. There was nothing out there; no sign of life - just a complete void. Sad thing to see.

lostfan
05-05-2007, 12:11 PM
http://deadspin.com/sports/baseball/if-this-continues-darin-erstad-might-want-to-grab-a-helmet-257990.php
I like how the Cubs fans thought they'd leave their 2 cents there in the comments.

soxfanatlanta
05-05-2007, 12:11 PM

Considering what they led to; not so much.

Lip Man 1
05-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Maybe Ozzie is finally starting to explode:

''I don't see no life, no fire. Everyone is flat. I know it's not easy when you're not hitting, but right now is the time to stick together. I don't want to be negative, but I want better results.

''Now they feel sorry for themselves, but the only one that is going to help them is themselves. If they're going to start feeling sorry for themselves, it's going to be a long summer.''-- Ozzie Guillen to the Sun Times' Joe Cowley.

Lip

tstrike2000
05-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Not gonna get any easier today against Lackey. He's tough, but hopefully the Sox can break through and Garland can keep it close.

DickAllen72
05-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Uribe is not with the team right now. Cintron is the next best defensive option.
Ozuna is just as good on defense. That's not saying much, but it's true. He may be a little more erratic with the glove but he has much better range and a better arm. And offensively Ozuna is a spark plug while Cintron is flat.

PaulDrake
05-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Sensitivity training kicked his ass. You know what? I really and truly think it did.

spiffie
05-05-2007, 01:38 PM
You know what? I really and truly think it did.
Or maybe a group of multi-millionaire adults doesn't get as motivated by the 30th time they hear their more easily disposed of manager railing at them.

No, it must just be because he doesn't call people "****" anymore.

churlish
05-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Well, at least the pitching has been good.

About the only positive I can see about the offense is that they are not going to hit .220 all season, so as soon as they turn it on (and therefore, return to an average offense for the season), the Sox should have about a 20-8 month and be right back in the division race.

There's no time like the present to get it going.

IlliniSox4Life
05-05-2007, 02:05 PM
I guess it's time for Garland to throw a no-hitter. They played well for a few days the last time we got one.

Soxfest
05-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Much needed W today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!