PDA

View Full Version : FOX station assignments for 5/5 game with LAA

Fenway
05-04-2007, 03:52 PM
and MarySwiss gets screwed again as even though Phoenix is closer to Anaheim than San Francisco, they get the Giants game :mad:

1=Mariners @ Yankees (HD) - 53% Joe Buck, Tim McCarver, Ken Rosenthal
2=White Sox @ Angels - 23% Kenny Albert, Mark Grace
3=Phillies @ Giants - 23% Matt Vasgersian, Eric Karros

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/5619630

downstairs
05-04-2007, 04:19 PM
The South (e.g. New Orleans) always gets a screw job. If there's no Braves or Texas team playing, we always get The Yank-mees.

Oh well... streaming radio it is again.

whitesoxfan
05-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me? It looks like Carbondale is going to get the Phillies-Giants game. Yeah, that makes a ****ing lot of sense :angry:

Rowandws33
05-04-2007, 04:36 PM
who makes these maps of the games???

TDog
05-04-2007, 04:46 PM
and MarySwiss gets screwed again as even though Phoenix is closer to Anaheim than San Francisco, they get the Giants game :mad:

The logic (call it illogic if you will) is that Phoenix is an NL West city and there would be more interest in he Giants than in the Angels or White Sox. Carbondale is close to St. Louis, making it NL territory.

I've become accustomed to not seeing baseball on television, though. Even when I was in Wisconsin and Fox games showed the White Sox, I found the delay (compared with live radio) so annoying that I turned off the television and just listened.

If Tim McCarver is calling a game and I just had television on, I would have to do something to stop the bleeding from my ears, and that would make it difficult even to listen.

05-04-2007, 04:49 PM
and MarySwiss gets screwed again as even though Phoenix is closer to Anaheim than San Francisco, they get the Giants game

I live 1 hour and 5 minutes from Angels stadium and FOX has me getting Giants/Phillies. That is ludacris. Thankfully I am going to the game.

AZChiSoxFan
05-04-2007, 05:12 PM

That stinks. I thought for sure Phoenix would get the Sox game this Sat. :angry:

TDog
05-04-2007, 05:28 PM
That stinks. I thought for sure Phoenix would get the Sox game this Sat. :angry:

Long ago when NBC did the Saturday game of the week, and I was living in Arizona, the Dodgers were on every week. They made it a point to schedule the Dodgers as one of the regional games so they could show the Dodgers games in the west. The problem is, most people in Arizona came from someplace else. The Diamondbacks have natural NL rivalries, but Phoenix is to Chicago what Boston is to Ireland. In fact, at one point in the 1990s, I read there were 20,000 alumni of Indiana University living in the Phoenix area. I'm sure that's part of the reason people are trying to make the desert look like Indiana.

Baseball leadership believes the key to good ratings and increased interest in attendance lies in regional baseball broadcasts and games favoring league and division rivalries for what is your nearest team. As if I would ever stop being a White Sox fan. If I can follow the progress of the White Sox on the Internet, I'm not going to watch the Dodgers, or the Giants, or the Cubs or any other team for that matter.

illini81887
05-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me? It looks like Carbondale is going to get the Phillies-Giants game. Yeah, that makes a ****ing lot of sense :angry:
Naw man, we are getting the game. We got the Paducah FOX and they are showing the Sox game

BanditJimmy
05-04-2007, 08:43 PM
how odd?

Buck and McCarver at the Yankee game?

FireMariotti
05-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Kenny Albert and Mark Grace...OH BOY!!

I think I might hit mute and announce the game myself.

Rowandws33
05-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Good Call.