PDA

View Full Version : Sham-ME struck in the head

JB98
05-03-2007, 10:49 PM
No linky yet, but I found this on the wire. Solomon Torres, anyone?

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) _ Sammy Sosa was hit on the helmet by a
Brian Bruney pitch in the sixth inning Thursday night and left the
second game of the Texas Rangers' doubleheader against the New York
Yankees.
Bruney's 2-1 pitch hit Sosa on the side of the helmet, knocking
it off. Sosa fell to his knees in the batter's box, was evaluated
by trainers, then walked to the dugout under his own strength.
Sosa was replaced by pinch-runner Victor Diaz.

Viva Medias B's
05-03-2007, 10:52 PM
That same thing happened to him when he was a Cub. In Pittsburgh, IIRC?

thomas35forever
05-03-2007, 10:56 PM
http://reds.enquirer.com/2003/04/21/sosa_zoom.jpg

WhiteSox5187
05-04-2007, 01:02 AM
That same thing happened to him when he was a Cub. In Pittsburgh, IIRC?
I think it was Cincinatti, it put the fear of God into him though because he was practically standing by the third base dugout everytime in the box after that.

CubKilla
05-04-2007, 01:25 AM
I think it was Cincinatti, it put the fear of God into him though because he was practically standing by the third base dugout everytime in the box after that.

Team: Pittsburgh, Pitcher: Solomon Torres

oeo
05-04-2007, 01:26 AM
http://reds.enquirer.com/2003/04/21/sosa_zoom.jpg

I'll never stop laughing at that picture.

I guess he didn't learn his lesson. :dunno:

jackbrohamer
05-04-2007, 09:39 AM
A guy who digs in at the plate as much as he does deserves to get one in the year every now and again.

Rocky Soprano
05-04-2007, 09:49 AM
Whatever happened to the Sham-Me K's count someone had a sig?

soxfan13
05-04-2007, 10:01 AM

A guy who digs in at the plate as much as he does deserves to get one in the year every now and again.

Thats just so wrong. Drilling someone in the ass is one thing but to say he deserves to get hit in the head or its funny, is completely obnoxious no matter how much you hate a guy.

cheeses_h_rice
05-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Whatever happened to the Sham-Me K's count someone had a sig?

That was me. While I still detest Sham-ME*, I don't even want to spend that amount of energy thinking about him anymore.

skottyj242
05-04-2007, 12:38 PM

That's absolutely terrible. Learn his lesson? Should he have quit the game? What does that even mean?

Chicken Dinner
05-04-2007, 01:06 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/05-07/0504newrangers.jpg

ilsox7
05-04-2007, 01:34 PM
**** Sham-Me Soso! Why would you guys even defend him? You know he is nothing but a lying, cheating scumbag who is a woman beating piece of ****. I really don't feel sorry for him if he keeps getting beaned in the head and you know what, I wouldn't feel sad either if he died from the next fastball at head. I hope him and Bonds leave soon enough so then, at least, we can go back to normality.

Just b/c I do not like or respect someone does not mean I wish injury upon them. To do so is classless.

soxfan13
05-04-2007, 01:39 PM
**** Sham-Me Soso! Why would you guys even defend him? You know he is nothing but a lying, cheating scumbag who is a woman beating piece of ****. I really don't feel sorry for him if he keeps getting beaned in the head and you know what, I wouldn't feel sad either if he died from the next fastball at head. I hope him and Bonds leave soon enough so then, at least, we can go back to normality.

Guess its good to be perfect like you. Nobody defended his actions, but to wish bodily harm or death on a player(or anyone) is completely wrong. You are a complete embarrassment to White Sox fans. No better then one of the words you used to describe Sammy. Go count your posts and brag about it because thats all you add to this site.

skottyj242
05-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Just b/c I do not like or respect someone does not mean I wish injury upon them. To do so is classless.

Agreed. How exactly was I defending him?

skottyj242
05-04-2007, 01:41 PM
Guess its good to be perfect like you. Nobody defended his actions, but to wish bodily harm or death on a player(or anyone) is completely wrong. You are a complete embarrassment to White Sox fans. No better then one of the words you used to describe Sammy. Go count your posts and brag about it because thats all you add to this site.

You can put it on the board..........agreed.

jenn2080
05-04-2007, 01:45 PM

Wow just WOW:o:

:dumbass:

PKalltheway
05-04-2007, 01:48 PM
I really don't feel sorry for him if he keeps getting beaned in the head and you know what, I wouldn't feel sad either if he died from the next fastball at head.
:o: Out of all of the idiotic posts I have seen on this site, this one may be the dumbest of them all. No joke. I usually don't say anything when someone makes a dumb post, but I felt that I had to put in my two cents on this one.

Jerko
05-04-2007, 01:50 PM
That was pretty bad IWS. I hate the guy too but come on.

WizardsofOzzie
05-04-2007, 01:53 PM
:o: Out of all of the idiotic posts I have seen on this site, this one may be the dumbest of them all. No joke. I usually don't say anything when someone makes a dumb post, but I felt that I had to put in my two cents on this one.

Agreed but it's still got some serious competition :redneck
Pennies in a jar syndrome (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81414&highlight=pennies+in+a+jar)

Figgins for Crede straight up (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1428411&postcount=16)

Risk
05-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Two things:

1) Nobody should ever wish harm or death to anyone. Period.
2) I still hate Scammy Soso--but not enough to see him injured or killed by a baseball to the coconut.

Risk

IndianWhiteSox
05-04-2007, 02:09 PM

Who said I was perfect? I wasn't mentioning that at all, I just don't feel bad for scumbags like Sosa. It has nothing to do with fandom what-so-ever. I just don't like people like that. I really wasn't wishing, I just said I won't feel sorrow for people like him and Bonds and when I meant leave, I meant leave from the game. You know I respect your opinions and all and really like going back and forth on certain topics and issues at hand. But for you to say I'm classless and an embarrassment to Sox because of my inability to sympathize for scumbags like him than what does say about the rest of you. It's not my fault, I don't like people such as Bobby Hull, Ron Artest, Sammy Sosa etc. who are woman beaters or people who do god awful things. This isn't even about the steroid issues anymore man. As a person of morals I just don't like him.

Like I said, didn't really wish injury upon him, it's just that I can't feel pity for scumbags like him.

Wow just WOW:o:

:dumbass:

This is coming from the lady who said this:

"SHE GONE!" when Anna Nicole Smith passed away.
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=84026

Really? My post was that idiotic? If you want to accept people like that(Sosa, Artest, Bobby Hull, Brett Myers, etc.) in society then you can have fun with that but I don't want any part of it.

That was pretty bad IWS. I hate the guy too but come on.

Maybe I should have it said it differently.

russ99
05-04-2007, 02:12 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/05-07/0504newrangers.jpg

Yeouch!!! I hope Sammy's OK, then goes on to strike out about 125 more times this season. :D:

hi im skot
05-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Who said I was perfect? I wasn't mentioning that at all, I just don't feel bad for scumbags like Sosa. It has nothing to do with fandom what-so-ever. I just don't like people like that. I really wasn't wishing, I just said I won't feel sorrow for people like him and Bonds and when I meant leave, I meant leave from the game. You know I respect your opinions and all and really like going back and forth on certain topics and issues at hand. But for you to say I'm classless and an embarrassment to Sox because of my inability to sympathize for scumbags like him than what does say about the rest of you. It's not my fault, I don't like people such as Bobby Hull, Ron Artest, Sammy Sosa etc. who are woman beaters or people who do god awful things. This isn't even about the steroid issues anymore man. As a religious person I don't like people like him.

Um...

"Love thy neighbor" ring a bell?

My ignore list just got a little bit longer.

soxfan13
05-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Who said I was perfect? I wasn't mentioning that at all, I just don't feel bad for scumbags like Sosa. It has nothing to do with fandom what-so-ever. I just don't like people like that. I really wasn't wishing, I just said I won't feel sorrow for people like him and Bonds and when I meant leave, I meant leave from the game. You know I respect your opinions and all and really like going back and forth on certain topics and issues at hand. But for you to say I'm classless and an embarrassment to Sox because of my inability to sympathize for scumbags like him than what does say about the rest of you. It's not my fault, I don't like people such as Bobby Hull, Ron Artest, Sammy Sosa etc. who are woman beaters or people who do god awful things. This isn't even about the steroid issues anymore man. As a religious person I don't like people like him.

Like I said, didn't really wish injury upon him, it's just that I can't feel pity for scumbags like him.

Really? My post was that idiotic? If you want to accept people like that(Sosa, Artest, Bobby Hull, Brett Myers, etc.) in society then you can have fun with that but I don't want any part of it.

First of all nobody is asking you to sympathize with him. You dont like him thats fine. I myself dont like him either but I am not gonna sit here and say that I wouldnt mind if he got beaned in the head and hurt or died. If you are such a religious person you know that it is wrong and if your religion teaches that then tell me were to sign up. You would be better off just keeping quiet there was still no reason to say what you did. You knew exactly what you were saying. Just for the record I never called you classless. The word I would use is alot harsher. It pisses me off because things like what you said are the reason I have to defend Sox fans as "not being bunch of rogue hillbillies" ie Wlliam Ligue.

IndianWhiteSox
05-04-2007, 02:31 PM
Um...

Like I said, never wanted to kill him, just don't feel sorry for him about anything.

OK if you want to play that way and just accept worship scumbags like that, then go ahead damage my spirits by adding me to your damning ignore list.

skottyj242
05-04-2007, 02:35 PM
Like I said, never wanted to kill him, just don't feel sorry for him about anything.

OK if you want to play that way and just accept worship scumbags like that, then go ahead damage my spirits by adding me to your damning ignore list.

Can you decode that sentence in English for us in the cheap seats?

ilsox7
05-04-2007, 02:40 PM

You said you wouldn't feel bad if he got killed by a pitch. That's awful. Stop trying to rationalize what you said, fess up, and apologize. Rationalization only makes you look like a . . .

IndianWhiteSox
05-04-2007, 02:41 PM
First of all nobody is asking you to sympathize with him. You dont like him thats fine. I myself dont like him either but I am not gonna sit here and say that I wouldnt mind if he got beaned in the head and hurt or died. If you are such a religious person you know that it is wrong and if your religion teaches that then tell me were to sign up. You would be better off just keeping quiet there was still no reason to say what you did. You knew exactly what you were saying. Just for the record I never called you classless. The word I would use is alot harsher. It pisses me off because things like what you said are the reason I have to defend Sox fans as "not being bunch of rogue hillbillies" ie Wlliam Ligue.

Fine, I should have said I don't care what happens to that him, instead of I wouldn't mind if he dies. I guess I should apologize for the way in which I said that statement.

I can't believe that you would compare with another piece of trash in William Ligue, just because of the fact that I can't accept people who beat their wives. I find it funny that when this board was talking about Ron Artest and Brett Myers, everyone was saying that they don't feel sympathy for them and called them pieces of ****. Well, I think the same way about Sosa.

IndianWhiteSox
05-04-2007, 02:42 PM
You said you wouldn't feel bad if he got killed by a pitch. That's awful. Stop trying to rationalize what you said, fess up, and apologize. Rationalization only makes you look like a . . .

Fine again, I'm Sorry

jenn2080
05-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Fine, I should have said I don't care what happens to that him, instead of I wouldn't mind if he dies. I guess I should apologize for the way in which I said that statement.

I can't believe that you would compare with another piece of trash in William Ligue, just because of the fact that I can't accept people who beat their wives. I find it funny that when this board was talking about Ron Artest and Brett Myers, everyone was saying that they don't feel sympathy for them and called them pieces of ****. Well, I think the same way about Sosa.

You also said you wish death on him. So everything you are saying here is crap. Good try though.

skottyj242
05-04-2007, 02:48 PM

So you want Ron Artest to get hurt too?

IndianWhiteSox
05-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Can you decode that sentence in English for us in the cheap seats?

Don't you know that since I'm Indian, I can't speak english. I mean I should be typing in Hindi more often? Aapka hindi malum hai ji?

:tongue:

But again, I would like to apologize for my remarks about scumbag Sosa.

soxfan13
05-04-2007, 02:50 PM

Again I didnt compare you to him. I said, that what you said is the reason that I am constantly defending Sox fans, as not being a bunch of William Ligue's. For example, One of the guys I work with is a Twins fan. Say he just happens to stumble on this site and is browsing thru the posts. He comes upon the sammy post and sees what you said. Guess what, he is not gonna remember the great debates that are had on this site about baseball. He is gonna go to his friends and say "I was on a White Sox Fan Board and can you believe "they" actually wouldnt mind a player getting hurt or killed by a bean ball."

jenn2080
05-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Who said I was perfect? I wasn't mentioning that at all, I just don't feel bad for scumbags like Sosa. It has nothing to do with fandom what-so-ever. I just don't like people like that. I really wasn't wishing, I just said I won't feel sorrow for people like him and Bonds and when I meant leave, I meant leave from the game. You know I respect your opinions and all and really like going back and forth on certain topics and issues at hand. But for you to say I'm classless and an embarrassment to Sox because of my inability to sympathize for scumbags like him than what does say about the rest of you. It's not my fault, I don't like people such as Bobby Hull, Ron Artest, Sammy Sosa etc. who are woman beaters or people who do god awful things. This isn't even about the steroid issues anymore man. As a person of morals I just don't like him.

That was a cute search you did there. I never wished death on Anna Nicole so I think there is a bit of a difference. I do appreciate you taking the time to find my post though.

IndianWhiteSox
05-04-2007, 02:51 PM
You also said you wish death on him. So everything you are saying here is crap. Good try though.

Like I said, I never really wanted to wish death upon them but again, I'll apologize for those remarks I made about Scumbag Sosa.

IndianWhiteSox
05-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Again I didnt compare you to him. I said that what you said is the reason that I am constantly defending Sox fans, as not being a bunch of William Ligue's. For example, One of the guys I work with is a Twins fan. Say he just happens to stumble on this site and is browsing thru the posts. He comes upon the sammy post and sees what you said. Guess what, he is not gonna remember the great debates that are had on this site about baseball. He is gonna go to his friends and say "I was on a White Sox Fan Board and can you believe "they" actually wouldnt mind a player getting hurt or killed by a bean ball.

I would like to apologize once again for my remarks.

So you want Ron Artest to get hurt too?

I really could care less about him.

IndianWhiteSox
05-04-2007, 02:57 PM
That was a cute search you did there. I never wished death on Anna Nicole so I think there is a bit of a difference. I do appreciate you taking the time to find my post though.

No but the fact that you used a hawk reference on her death is a lot worse than what I said, due to the fact that Sammy is still alive. Nevertheless, what I said about not minding about him dying was wrong. As his kids or his relatives would suffer if that happened.

WizardsofOzzie
05-04-2007, 03:00 PM

Thinking someone is piece of **** and not caring if they live or die are to slightly different things wouldn't you say? There are plenty of people out there that I don't think highly of; My boss, some political members, athletes, people that call into work with their stupid problems, but does that mean I don't care if they live or die? No

IndianWhiteSox
05-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Thinking someone is piece of **** and not caring if they live or die are to slightly different things wouldn't you say? There are plenty of people out there that I don't think highly of; My boss, some political members, athletes, people that call into work with their stupid problems, but does that mean I don't care if they live or die? No

Like I said, for the infinite time, I apologize for my remarks.

WizardsofOzzie
05-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Like I said, for the infinite time, I apologize for my remarks.
I wasn't really looking for an apology, just clarifying that you know why people are jumping on you. It seemed like when you made the statement that I originally quoted, you didn't understand why people were coming down on you.

jenn2080
05-04-2007, 03:04 PM
No but the fact that you used a hawk reference on her death is a lot worse than what I said, due to the fact that Sammy is still alive. Nevertheless, what I said about not minding about him dying was wrong. As his kids or his relatives would suffer if that happened.

Yeah Yeah Yeah. :rolleyes: You are still an ass for what you said, but I will accept you believing that what I said is SOOO much worse than what you said.:rolleyes:

I always love when people retract what they say once people jump down their throats. Oh I am sorry ever so sincerely. :rolleyes:

itsnotrequired
05-04-2007, 03:10 PM
This thread is going places.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b260/IMMonkey/Forum%20Funnies/1157775914442.jpg

Mr.1Dog
05-04-2007, 03:10 PM
http://www.improvresourcecenter.com/mb/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

soxfan13
05-04-2007, 03:13 PM
This thread is going places.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b260/IMMonkey/Forum%20Funnies/1157775914442.jpg

Isnt a pokeman a Jamaican proctologist:tongue:

WizardsofOzzie
05-04-2007, 03:18 PM
http://www.improvresourcecenter.com/mb/images/smilies/popcorn.gif
I love that smiley :D:

mccoydp
05-04-2007, 03:26 PM
:threadrules:

This is too ****ing funny. This is ****house bound, I just know it!

skottyj242
05-04-2007, 03:39 PM
*skottyj242 puts his time card in the clock and punches out of this argument for now*

Baby Fisk
05-04-2007, 04:03 PM
This is too ****ing funny. This is ****house bound, I just know it!

In that case...

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/4685/daleks1mt7.jpg

"Hey, did you just get the same e-mail I did?"

"Dude, my berry's been going off all afternoon."

hi im skot
05-04-2007, 04:58 PM

Ah, I'm just joshin' ya! I wanna see where you're heading with this one!

Oh, and I'd just like to add this while I'm at it:
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/MMPH/212275~Saved-By-The-Bell.jpg

JB98
05-04-2007, 05:21 PM
****, I'm sorry I started this thread now.

I hope Sosa bats .118 the rest of the year and gets released. Don't think I'd wish death upon him though.

PaulDrake
05-04-2007, 06:58 PM

I hope Sosa bats .118 the rest of the year and gets released. Don't think I'd wish death upon him though. I just want the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth about who used what and when.

TheCommander
05-05-2007, 02:11 AM
Um...

"Hate the sin,but love the sinner" DING!
"Have compassion for one another" DING!

bigfoot
05-05-2007, 02:19 AM

I hope Sosa bats .118 the rest of the year and gets released.

Then gets picked up by the Cubs and bats .108 and gets caught with the cork....again!

MetroPD
05-05-2007, 02:29 AM
I laugh too. Maybe if Sammy was a decent person who actually donated the monies collected to fund a displaced families shelter in the DR to the families, instead of setting up a tax shelter and a comfy place for his sisters to cut hair, or maybe if Sammy didn't cork his bat, or maybe if Sammy didn't think he carried baseball for two years, or maybe if Sammy didn't hit his ex-wife, I'd care. In the mean time, I eagerly await each and every fastball he takes to the skull.

IndianWhiteSox
05-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Ah, I'm just joshin' ya! I wanna see where you're heading with this one!

Oh, and I'd just like to add this while I'm at it:
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/MMPH/212275%7ESaved-By-The-Bell.jpg

No Comment! What they do in their spare time is only their business.

Although it is sad that they haven't noteworthy since saved by the bell.