PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Carl Everett?

Foulke You
05-03-2007, 06:13 PM
I did a player search on him on MLB.com and it doesn't show him on anyone's active roster. I don't recall reading that he retired. I know he had a sub-par year in Seattle in '06 but I find it hard to believe nobody had at least a reserve role for him. Does anyone know what happened to him?

JermaineDye05
05-03-2007, 06:23 PM
According to wikipedia he's playing for the Long Island Ducks in the Atlantic League of Pro. Baseball. You can find him on their roster on their website.

Link (http://www.liducks.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=roster)

MUsoxfan
05-03-2007, 06:30 PM
That man loves the game of baseball. I really can't ever root against him

FedEx227
05-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Any clue on why he's not on the statistics page?

Has he been injured?

Foulke You
05-03-2007, 07:58 PM
That man loves the game of baseball. I really can't ever root against him
I love Carl. One of my favorite memories of the '05 Championship was after it was all over, Carl had a fat cigar in his mouth telling all the naysayers and mediots "You can all just shut your mouth.":D: He may not have had the gaudy stats that some other DHs had but he was solid and got a lot of big hits for the '05 team. He also brought a lot of fire and energy to the table as well. I'm surprised an NL team didn't sign him to be a pinch hitter or something. He'd be a pretty valuable bat off the bench.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-03-2007, 08:14 PM
I love Carl. One of my favorite memories of the '05 Championship was after it was all over, Carl had a fat cigar in his mouth telling all the naysayers and mediots "You can all just shut your mouth.":D: He may not have had the gaudy stats that some other DHs had but he was solid and got a lot of big hits for the '05 team. He also brought a lot of fire and energy to the table as well. I'm surprised an NL team didn't sign him to be a pinch hitter or something. He'd be a pretty valuable bat off the bench.

I remember him saying that, too. It's one of those classic moments from the championship season I'm sure I'll never forget.

It's too bad guys like him don't get the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure he would still make an effective bench player, but his goofy ideas about evolution mark him as a cuckoo and too scary to take a chance on -- as though believing the theory of evolution makes you a better hitter.
:?:

SABRSox
05-03-2007, 08:19 PM
We could sure use his bat right now...

DickAllen72
05-03-2007, 08:54 PM
We could sure use his bat right now...
And his presence in the clubhouse.

As a matter of fact, I'd love to see Carl brought back this year as a coach. He'd sure bring a lot more life to the staff than Baines.

DickAllen72
05-03-2007, 08:55 PM
:everett::cheers:

Brian26
05-03-2007, 10:05 PM
I love Carl. One of my favorite memories of the '05 Championship was after it was all over, Carl had a fat cigar in his mouth telling all the naysayers and mediots "You can all just shut your mouth."

He also said "South Side, #1, South Side, that's all you need to know."

How can you not love the guy after he went after Garner?

FireMariotti
05-03-2007, 11:17 PM
I'm sure KW's on the phone right now. <--(Debating whether or not this should be teal).

RadioheadRocks
05-03-2007, 11:21 PM
I loved the audio from the fifth inning in Game #3 where he was jawing back and forth from the dugout with Phil Garner after Crede got hit with a pitch ("HEY MAN, PLAY BASEBALL!!!").

chisoxmike
05-03-2007, 11:36 PM
:everett:
"Were my wife at!!!!"

Foulke You
05-03-2007, 11:37 PM
I'm sure KW's on the phone right now. <--(Debating whether or not this should be teal).

If we keep having offensive outputs like the last 4 games and Thome is slow to return from his ribcage injury, I'd take the teal right out of this post.

Foulke You
05-03-2007, 11:40 PM
I remember him saying that, too. It's one of those classic moments from the championship season I'm sure I'll never forget.

It's too bad guys like him don't get the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure he would still make an effective bench player, but his goofy ideas about evolution mark him as a cuckoo and too scary to take a chance on -- as though believing the theory of evolution makes you a better hitter.
:?:
Yep. In addition to Carl's views on evolution, I think that bad stay in Boston did a lot of damage to Carl's rep as a player. The Boston media crucified him during that time. He has been labeled a cancer ever since but it couldn't be farther from the truth. Carl was nothing but a team guy with the good Sox.

twentywontowin
05-03-2007, 11:53 PM
He will hold a special place in my heart after the World Series and he got into it with Phil Garner.

To tell you the truth, part of me wants him to be the Billy Martin of the White Sox.

johnr1note
05-04-2007, 12:14 AM
Well, considering we already traded to get him twice in the recent past, why not give him a third shot?

The Dude
05-04-2007, 12:31 AM
And his presence in the clubhouse.

As a matter of fact, I'd love to see Carl brought back this year as a coach. He'd sure bring a lot more life to the staff than Baines.

:unsure::puking:

Bump34
05-04-2007, 01:37 AM
I see Carl all the time... he lives in the same subdivision I do... and he is always fishing in the pond behind my house...

He was at a Rays game a week ago... looks a little bigger... and was getting ready to head to Long Island...

He was pushing for a shot with the Rays all spring training... Not sure what's left in the tank...

russ99
05-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Yep. In addition to Carl's views on evolution, I think that bad stay in Boston did a lot of damage to Carl's rep as a player. The Boston media crucified him during that time. He has been labeled a cancer ever since but it couldn't be farther from the truth. Carl was nothing but a team guy with the good Sox.

Carl had that rep (deserved or not) well before he went to Boston, that was just the culmination of it. Astros fans used to call him "C-4" as in plastic explosives! :D:

I wouldn't mind another stint by Carl in a Sox uniform... just no more Alomars, please.

rdwj
05-04-2007, 09:49 AM
It's not like he could hurt our already stellar batting average. I have faith that KW has already looked at every possible option - twice.

The Immigrant
05-04-2007, 10:11 AM
I'd take Reggie Sanders over Carl any day, personality issues aside.

MetroPD
05-05-2007, 01:34 AM
Yeah Reggie Sanders is such a team leader and inspirational character in the club house!

HotelWhiteSox
05-05-2007, 01:52 AM
I doubt his views on life have anything to do with it. If he could get it done on the field, he'd be on a team