PDA

View Full Version : A.J. on Rome Today (Radio)

Shift
05-03-2007, 04:49 PM
He was pretty entertaining as well. I must have missed a little at the beginning because I didn't hear much talk on this season thus far (not there is anything remarkable about it). The interview mostly focused on off-the-field matters, or past seasons (2005).

He did spend some time talking about the Barrett incident. He said he contacted Barrett after that game and asked him if he wanted to clear the air, but Barrett never responded. He went on to say that he hasn't forgotten it and it will stick with him. Rome started in on how out of character it was for Barrett (which is BS in my opinion), but AJ sort of cut him off saying that he keeps hearing that very sentiment, but he did throw the punch. So apparently it is in character.

He joked that given his hitting this year he may need to go back to talking trash to hitters.

There is a bet between Erstad and him on the Anaheim crowd reaction to Erstad's return. Erstad says they'll give him a standing 'O', AJ says he'll get booed. He said if people will boo Jim Thome, they'll boo anyone.

I found it sort of funny that Reinsdorf went over to his house to watch the NCAA basketball finals. He lives on the northside, but refuses to enter bars/restaurants that feature Cubs-only paraphernalia. He said it still irks him a bit that they get the balance of the attention of Chicago baseball.

They're spending the day fishing today for the off day. After the Seattle debacle, you might as well spend the day on the ocean.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already. But I thought someone may be interested.

chisoxmike
05-03-2007, 04:53 PM
He lives on the northside, but refuses to enter bars/restaurants that feature Cubs-only paraphernalia. He said it still irks him a bit that they get the balance of the attention of Chicago baseball.

So I take it A.J. is Flubsessed... :rolleyes:

DumpJerry
05-03-2007, 05:19 PM
So I take it A.J. is Flubsessed... :rolleyes:
Yup. He and I drive around all night on Saturdays looking for Sox-friendly bars on the northside. We usually wind up at his place, but, because of his baby, we have to keep it quiet. You know, closed caption the television.....

Foulke You
05-03-2007, 05:52 PM
There is a bet between Erstad and him on the Anaheim crowd reaction to Erstad's return. Erstad says they'll give him a standing 'O', AJ says he'll get booed. He said if people will boo Jim Thome, they'll boo anyone.
I think AJ will be paying up. Erstad should get a nice round of applause. He was well liked in Anaheim and he didn't leave for more money, the Angels simply replaced him with Matthews Jr. If you'll recall Sandy Alomar got a huge ovation at the Jake upon his return in a Sox uniform, ditto Frank Thomas returning to Comiskey in an A's uniform. These guys were replaced by their respective teams and didn't leave to sign for more cash elsewhere. The Thome situation was a bit different because Jim left Cleveland for a King's ransom in Philly. (I still don't think Jim should have been booed though)

JermaineDye05
05-03-2007, 05:56 PM
I think AJ will be paying up. Erstad should get a nice round of applause. He was well liked in Anaheim and he didn't leave for more money, the Angels simply replaced him with Matthews Jr. If you'll recall Sandy Alomar got a huge ovation at the Jake upon his return in a Sox uniform, ditto Frank Thomas returning to Comiskey in an A's uniform. These guys were replaced by their respective teams and didn't leave to sign for more cash elsewhere. The Thome situation was a bit different because Jim left Cleveland for a King's ransom in Philly. (I still don't think Jim should have been booed though)

Erstad will get cheered, during ST all I heard from the Angels fans were positive things about Erstad and how the WS were lucky to have him. They all cheered him when he came up to the plate.

Mots09
05-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Missed the part at the beginning of the interview where AJ asked about clones and if they like to drink beer and talk smack. Rome responded with an answer of "yes." Aj then went on to say "Clones sound like White Sox fans, they like to drink beer and talk a lot of trash. :)"

Went on to rip about how SF Giants fans opt for Martinis and to talk junk in the upper deck..

I Luuuuuuuuuuvvvvvvvvvvv Aj

chisoxfanatic
05-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Yup. He and I drive around all night on Saturdays looking for Sox-friendly bars on the northside. We usually wind up at his place, but, because of his baby, we have to keep it quiet. You know, closed caption the television.....

You should take him to the Pilsen neighborhood to meet up with Henry. :wink:

Medford Bobby
05-04-2007, 12:08 AM
:?: I guess it beats a little private batting practice...aaahhh who needs it anyway A. J. ?? :angry:

DumpJerry
05-04-2007, 12:55 AM
You should take him to the Pilsen neighborhood to meet up with Henry. :wink:
Pilsen is not on the northside. His point was about northside bars.

oeo
05-04-2007, 01:22 AM
:?: I guess it beats a little private batting practice...aaahhh who needs it anyway A. J. ?? :angry:

Not this bull**** again.

For the last time, baseball players are not playing baseball 24/7, nor should they have to. They are not subjected to take batting practice in all the free time they get, and they don't need to be in bed by a certain time, either.

Medford Bobby
05-04-2007, 10:48 AM
Not this bull**** again.

For the last time, baseball players are not playing baseball 24/7, nor should they have to. They are not subjected to take batting practice in all the free time they get, and they don't need to be in bed by a certain time, either.

My bad, your right the White Sox will have plenty of FREE time this October!:o:

Shift
05-04-2007, 11:47 AM
It's May 4th and the season is over, eh?