PDA

View Full Version : Rank the playoff appearances

Moses_Scurry
05-03-2007, 09:39 AM
Rank the order of the following teams' next playoff appearance. Who will be first, who will be last, and why?

Pirates
Devil Rays
Nationals
Royals
Rockies
Rangers

You know that most teams will eventually make the playoffs. It's just a matter of when. Three years ago, Milwaukee would be in this discussion.

Here's mine:

1. Rangers - division is fairly weak, the offense is there, they just need to get some pitching and get rid of Sammy. Vlad, Bartolo, and Garrett Anderson are getting old so LAAA won't be as dominant.

2. Pirates - Showing improvement the last couple years. Cardinals and Astros entering some down years. Look for some awesome Pirate-Brewer-Red battles for the division.

3. Rockies - I don't know much about Colorado, but the NL West isn't a great division and the Rockies don't seem to play the "woe is me, we have no money" card. I put them at 3 mostly by default.

4. Royals - They may have a better team than most of the teams on this list, but they play in a division with four teams loaded with current talent and future talent. It will be a long time before they can climb over all of them, but it will happen some day.

5. Nationals - Only beat the Devil Rays by virture of playing in the National League. This team is the worst. They have no stars, and they don't have very good young players either. Plus, the Braves are perennial contenders and the Mets spend alot of money. Florida is much better at developing young players. The Nationals will not be in the post season for a loooooong time.

6. Devil Rays - This team may contract or move before it EVER makes the post season, not because the talent isn't there, but because they will have to beat out the Yanks and their 250 million payroll and the Redcubs and their 150 million payroll. If the Rays played in any other division, they would probably move up a couple spots on the list.

IndianWhiteSox
05-03-2007, 09:44 AM
Rank the order of the following teams' next playoff appearance. Who will be first, who will be last, and why?

Pirates
Devil Rays
Nationals
Royals
Rockies
Rangers

You know that most teams will eventually make the playoffs. It's just a matter of when. Three years ago, Milwaukee would be in this discussion.

Here's mine:

1. Rangers - division is fairly weak, the offense is there, they just need to get some pitching and get rid of Sammy. Vlad, Bartolo, and Garrett Anderson are getting old so LAAA won't be as dominant.

2. Pirates - Showing improvement the last couple years. Cardinals and Astros entering some down years. Look for some awesome Pirate-Brewer-Red battles for the division.

3. Rockies - I don't know much about Colorado, but the NL West isn't a great division and the Rockies don't seem to play the "woe is me, we have no money" card. I put them at 3 mostly by default.

4. Royals - They may have a better team than most of the teams on this list, but they play in a division with four teams loaded with current talent and future talent. It will be a long time before they can climb over all of them, but it will happen some day.

5. Nationals - Only beat the Devil Rays by virture of playing in the National League. This team is the worst. They have no stars, and they don't have very good young players either. Plus, the Braves are perennial contenders and the Mets spend alot of money. Florida is much better at developing young players. The Nationals will not be in the post season for a loooooong time.

6. Devil Rays - This team may contract or move before it EVER makes the post season, not because the talent isn't there, but because they will have to beat out the Yanks and their 250 million payroll and the Redcubs and their 150 million payroll. If the Rays played in any other division, they would probably move up a couple spots on the list.

After you flip flop the Devil Rays with the Nationals then my list is the same as yours. Because the Yanks and Red Sox will eventually decline some time in the next 2-3 years where as the Nationals just don't have the makings of a good team.

Etownsox13
05-03-2007, 10:03 AM
1. Rangers- Texas has the pieces in the IF (Kinsler, Young etc...) and decent bullpen, they just need a few starters who can eat up innings and keep them in ballgames at that park. Also, only have 3 other teams in a fairly average division ayways.

2. Rockies- The NL West is up for grabs, and has been for that past few years. Colorado has a decent core of young players, fairly godd player development, and a few young pitchers that can pitch at Coors.

3. Pirates- Again weak division, but eh Pirates have more teams to leapfrog. They have developed a few decent young players over the past few years (Sanchez, Duke), and Pittsburgh could be a great baseball town again if the club starts stringgin together some wins.

4. Nationals- The cupboard is bare right now, but I think that with the added revenue coming from the new ballpark in the next few years, and the changing of their basball people they could turn it around pretty quickly. Their system has been ravaged by the MLB ownership over the past 5 or so years, so there is some serious work to do here.

5. Royals- KC has it up against them in that they are in a division with young teams that don't seem to be going anywhere over the next few years (see Detroit, Cleveland). They are behind the rest of the teams in the division in their building process, and Moore has some serious work to do, as most of the "can't miss" young arms from the system have fizzled out over the past few years because they were brought up too quickly.

6. Devil Rays- Only because the 40mil payroll is not going to cut it in the AL East. This is a team that has finished in last all but one of the seasons in club history. They have some young talent, but they haven't been able to develop young arms (save Kasmir). They have the longest road to travel because they are the only organization on the list that has never experienced success as an organization in their history (well, also Colorado, except for one season)