PDA

View Full Version : Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera?

IndianWhiteSox
05-03-2007, 10:06 AM
Even though they can't be free agents until the end of '08 or '09 if they go the normal route, but is it possible that they could also be free agents at end of this year if they aren't offered arbitration during the off-season(ie, Marcus Giles)?

CashMan
05-03-2007, 10:10 AM
Even though they can't be free agents until the end of '08 or '09 if they go the normal route, but is it possible that they could also be free agents at end of this year if they aren't offered arbitration during the off-season(ie, Marcus Giles)?

Unplug the network cord from the back of your PC.

IndianWhiteSox
05-03-2007, 10:32 AM

:?:

What the hell is that supposed to mean? I just trying to ask a damn question.
:angry:

Productive post you got there.

Mickster
05-03-2007, 10:34 AM

:D:

jdm2662
05-03-2007, 10:38 AM
To answer the question posted, the Marlins have the right not to offer aribitration and lose the rights to those players. They are then free to sign with another team. This has happened recently with the likes of AJ with San Fran and David Ortiz with Minnesota. AJ had yet to complete his six years of service after the 2005 season, so he was not a UFA. The Sox still owned his rights for another year, and they ended up signing him to a 3 year deal anyway.

IndianWhiteSox
05-03-2007, 10:39 AM
To answer the question posted, the Marlins have the right not to offer aribitration and lose the rights to those players. They are then free to sign with another team. This has happened recently with the likes of AJ with San Fran and David Ortiz with Minnesota. AJ had yet to complete his six years of service after the 2005 season, so he was not a UFA. The Sox still owned his rights for another year, and they ended up signing him to a 3 year deal anyway.

Thank you!

:gulp::gulp:

CashMan
05-03-2007, 11:28 AM
:?:

What the hell is that supposed to mean? I just trying to ask a damn question.
:angry:

Productive post you got there.

I know the marlins are cheap, but do you honestly think they will non-tender 2 star players? Marcus Giles was a bum.

jdm2662
05-03-2007, 11:32 AM
I know the marlins are cheap, but do you honestly think they will non-tender 2 star players? Marcus Giles was a bum.

You never know. The Twins non-tendered David Ortiz because he would've gotten like $6-7 million in arbitration.

RKMeibalane
05-03-2007, 11:53 AM
You never know. The Twins non-tendered David Ortiz because he would've gotten like $6-7 million in arbitration.

Keep in mind that Ortiz didn't become the player he is today until after signing with Boston. He number posted huge numbers with the Twins, largely because he couldn't stay healthy or hit left-handed starters.

spiffie
05-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Willis and/or Cabrera might be traded, but they will NEVER be non-tendered. Those two guys would bring monumental hauls of prospects.

chisoxfan79
05-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Keep in mind that Ortiz didn't become the player he is today until after signing with Boston. He number posted huge numbers with the Twins, largely because he couldn't stay healthy or hit left-handed starters.
He hit the sox lefties when he was with the TWINS

IndianWhiteSox
05-03-2007, 09:35 PM

I'm only mentioning that because MAYBE Jeffrey Loria is so sick of spending money there without a new stadium in the works, he might just do that. I mean the guy is the ultimate scrooge of baseball and more so than Carl Pohlad. Isn't Loria friends with Selig and Reinsy? Oh well, it was ironic that the strike occurred with Loria and Reinsy owning the two best teams in baseball. At least Reinsy changed his ways; where as Loria, not so much. Also not to mention that after this season, when Dontrelle and Cabrera go for arbitration, they might be paid 12-15 million EACH!

DSpivack
05-04-2007, 04:25 AM
I'm only mentioning that because MAYBE Jeffrey Loria is so sick of spending money there without a new stadium in the works, he might just do that. I mean the guy is the ultimate scrooge of baseball and more so than Carl Pohlad. Isn't Loria friends with Selig and Reinsy? Oh well, it was ironic that the strike occurred with Loria and Reinsy owning the two best teams in baseball. At least Reinsy changed his ways; where as Loria, not so much. Also not to mention that after this season, when Dontrelle and Cabrera go for arbitration, they might be paid 12-15 million EACH!

While Loria may not, Larry Beinfest knows what's he doing.

IndianWhiteSox
05-04-2007, 09:38 AM
While Loria may not, Larry Beinfest knows what's he doing.

Yea bust just remember, it was Loria and not Beinfest who canned Girardi. I'm sure he just wants this team to suck so he can move them to Portland or San Antoino, Indy or Etc.