PDA

View Full Version : How bout them Brewers?!

MUsoxfan
05-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Swept the defending champs today to get their record to a ML best 18-9. 4 1/2 games up on the 2nd place Reds. It may be the year of the sausage, my friends!

http://tommcmahon.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/chorizo2.jpg

rdwj
05-02-2007, 02:49 PM
I've been able to watch a few of their games and they're a fun team to watch. I wouldn't mind seeing a White Sox v. Brewers World Series

Fenway
05-02-2007, 03:19 PM
Amazing as soon as Selig sells the club they get good

DarkHorse35
05-02-2007, 05:33 PM
i picked them to win the Central and my friends laughed at me. I stand by my pick and hopefully I'll get the alst laugh

JB98
05-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Good for them. I picked the Brewers to win the Central last year, and they disappointed me. I stayed away from them this year, and they just might make me look foolish again. The parts to have a good team have been in place up there for a couple years. Maybe it is finally starting to come together for them.

FedEx227
05-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Ooooh yeah baby. I've actually had more of a desire to watch their games (MLB.tv) then the Sox recently. With good reason, they are a fun team to watch. Great balance of speed, power and patience coupled with Mike Maddux doing his magic again.

JB98
05-02-2007, 05:36 PM
i picked them to win the Central and my friends laughed at me. I stand by my pick and hopefully I'll get the alst laugh

Not a dumb pick at all, my friend. They have to keep Ben Sheets healthy. I think that's a huge key for them. That, and the bullpen. They can't have another Turnbow implosion.

chitownhawkfan
05-03-2007, 12:58 AM
http://tommcmahon.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/chorizo2.jpg

What are the actual sausages? If I'm not mistaken 1 is a Bratwurst, 5 is chorizo, three is italian sausage, and either 2 or 4 is hot dog. But what is the other one? I should know this I've been to multiple Brewers games.

beckett21
05-03-2007, 01:03 AM
What are the actual sausages? If I'm not mistaken 1 is a Bratwurst, 5 is chorizo, three is italian sausage, and either 2 or 4 is hot dog. But what is the other one? I should know this I've been to multiple Brewers games.

Never been to a Brewers game, but I assume one of them is a Polish. My guess is #2.

QCIASOXFAN
05-03-2007, 01:26 AM
I picked them to win the Divison and I stand by that.

MUsoxfan
05-03-2007, 01:55 AM
Never been to a Brewers game, but I assume one of them is a Polish. My guess is #2.

1. Bratwurst
2. Polish
3. Italian
4. Hot Dog
5. Chorizo

IndianWhiteSox
05-03-2007, 04:08 AM
I've been able to watch a few of their games and they're a fun team to watch. I wouldn't mind seeing a White Sox v. Brewers World Series

That would amazing but a pain in the ass at the same time with the Dan Ryan(correct?).

Amazing as soon as Selig sells the club they get good

Why does that surprise you? Selig is a dumbass who is just a puppet of the owners.

ComiskeyBrewer
05-03-2007, 06:31 AM
1. Bratwurst
2. Polish
3. Italian
4. Hot Dog
5. Chorizo

Question #2, do you know their names?

SoxRox
05-03-2007, 06:50 AM
Brewers rock!

We have family in Milwaukee and so we've kind of adopted Brewers as our favorite NL team. I hope they can keep up the good play. They are waaaaay overdue for a winning season.

btw- Miller Park is a great place to see a game. I highly recommend the roadtrip. It's only a hour-1/2 to two hour drive from Chicago.

-SoxRox

PatK
05-03-2007, 09:25 AM
I'd settle for some Brewers-Sox games in interleague. That used to be a fun rivalry.

chisoxmike
05-03-2007, 09:36 AM
Don't they usually start off hot every year and then tank it?

hdog1017
05-03-2007, 09:42 AM
The bratwurst is the best bet in the sausage race. Bratwurst is the most Wicsconsin of all the sausages in the race, so it holds a home field advantage. I would like to see them add some of the under-utilized sausages in the race and give the regulars a day off to rest. Sausages such as the Knackwurst and the Thuringer deserve their spot in the sun too.

FedEx227
05-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Don't they usually start off hot every year and then tank it?

Their records by May 3rd / June 3rd

2004: 12-13 / 26-25
2005: 12-13 / 26-28
2006: 15-13 / 26-30
2007: 18-9 / ?

I'd say they are off to a much better pace in 07.

chisoxmike
05-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Their records by May 3rd / June 3rd

2004: 12-13 / 26-25
2005: 12-13 / 26-28
2006: 15-13 / 26-30
2007: 18-9 / ?

I'd say they are off to a much better pace in 07.

Eh, I was wrong then.

I never understood Sox fans love for the Brewers. I went there in 05 when they played in those preseason games and the fans were total jags to all the Sox fans. They were all acting like it was some meaningful game.

Good for the Brewers, I have nothing against them and it would be nice to see someone new from the NL Central win that division for a change (except the Cubs)

itsnotrequired
05-03-2007, 10:12 AM
I never understood Sox fans love for the Brewers.

I'm from Wisconsin and they were my team growing up. Catfish?

FedEx227
05-03-2007, 10:17 AM
I never understood Sox fans love for the Brewers. I went there in 05 when they played in those preseason games and the fans were total jags to all the Sox fans. They were all acting like it was some meaningful game.

Because for a lot of us it's our national league team.

And the hate for Chicagoians stems very much from Flubbers taking over Miller whenever the Cubs are in town. Once you sit down long enough with a Brewers fan and explain your a Sox fan they are usually much nicer.

I think it also comes from a general hate of Chicago that people in Milwaukee have, it's understandable though, when most Brewers fans think of Chicago they think of the Cubs. :whiner:

chisoxmike
05-03-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm from Wisconsin and they were my team growing up. Catfish?
I knew that, and of course I can see why you would root for the Brewers, but many Sox fans have this second love for them that I dont get.

Fenway
05-03-2007, 10:26 AM
When I lived in Chicago I went to a ton of Brewers games.

From Rogers Park we could sometimes get to County Stadium faster than Comiskey at rush hour.

Foulke You
05-03-2007, 08:05 PM
I'd settle for some Brewers-Sox games in interleague. That used to be a fun rivalry.
Sure was. Since interleague is supposed to be all about the "geographic rivalries", someone needs to explain to me why the last time the White Sox and Brewers hooked up in a game that counted was all the way back in 2001! It was a 3 game interleague at Miller Park and I attended game 2. I remember the place was easily 50% pro-White Sox. Since then, not one stinkin game.:(:

DSpivack
05-04-2007, 03:28 AM
When I lived in Chicago I went to a ton of Brewers games.

From Rogers Park we could sometimes get to County Stadium faster than Comiskey at rush hour.

I grew up in Rogers Park basically (in Evanston, but just two blocks north of Howard), and can count on two hands the number of times I have driven to a Sox game over the years. Then again, I'm only 23, so perhaps it was a bit safer in the last 10-15 years.

MUsoxfan
05-06-2007, 01:23 AM
20-10...best record in baseball. 5 games up on the Cubs, 8 games up on the Cards.

I don't want to jinx it, especially since the Cubs are playing good baseball....but they may just run away with this division. :smile:

ComiskeyBrewer
05-06-2007, 11:01 AM
20-10...best record in baseball. 5 games up on the Cubs, 8 games up on the Cards.

I don't want to jinx it, especially since the Cubs are playing good baseball....but they may just run away with this division. :smile:

Let's be fair, it's pretty easy to play good baseball when you have been playing the Pirates and the Nationals. I think they will start showing thier true form(good or bad) when they start playing the meat of thier schedule starting on May 14th thru the 27th.

Railsplitter
05-07-2007, 10:03 AM
If the Brewrs win today, the pick a half game on the idle Cubs. GO BREWSKIS!

chisoxmike
05-07-2007, 11:04 AM
The Brewers pitching is still suspect, and they are a Ben Sheets injury away from falling apart. I guess its just me, but I don't buy the Brewers winning the NL Central.

Scorn me all you want...

FarNorthSide
05-07-2007, 11:23 PM
Firstly, never bet on the Chorizo. He lost a 300 yard race by 100 yards tonight. Other than that, great game - Capuano is going to the All Star Game.

The Brewers are still the only team to win their first 14 games and not make the playoffs. I think that was 1987. So, it is still early - but exciting for us cheeseheads.

DrewSox56
05-07-2007, 11:31 PM
The Brewers pitching is still suspect, and they are a Ben Sheets injury away from falling apart. I guess its just me, but I don't buy the Brewers winning the NL Central.

Scorn me all you want...

I think they can win it. Anyone can. They've got one hell of a lead in a turd division. 83 wins gets a you chance from that neighborhood.

They've been putting the pieces together for the last couple years - this isn't a surprise at all.

hi im skot
05-07-2007, 11:56 PM
Firstly, never bet on the Chorizo. He lost a 300 yard race by 100 yards tonight. Other than that, great game - Capuano is going to the All Star Game.

The Brewers are still the only team to win their first 14 games and not make the playoffs. I think that was 1987. So, it is still early - but exciting for us cheeseheads.

Yeah, I made it to the game tonight...Capuano was unstoppable.

Chorizo...not so much.

IndianWhiteSox
05-08-2007, 06:59 AM

Scorn me all you want...

Ben Sheets is injured and they still are winning. When you have the bats in the lineup that they have, there's no way you can lose compared to those other scrubs in the division. Man, I gotta get me a throw back Robin Yount Jersey.

ComiskeyBrewer
05-08-2007, 07:40 AM

Scorn me all you want...

Ok, Sheets has the 2nd worst ERA of all the starters(4.04), the lowest amount of Strikeouts(21), and given up the most HRs(6). His curveball hasn't been dropping at all. To put it bluntly, Sheets is playing like horse manure. If he were to get hurt(which i don't see happening), i wouldn't really see it crushing the Brewers pitching staff this year. Mostly because of guys like Carlos Villenueva(2-0, 2.79 ERA) and Yo Gallardo(2006 Minor League pitcher of the year, IIRC) waiting in the wings. Would it hurt em? Sure. But let's not kid ourselves. There is nobody else in the division worth a lick(or who has a starting rotation even close to the brewers, with/without Sheets).

ComiskeyBrewer
05-08-2007, 07:41 AM
Yeah, I made it to the game tonight...Capuano was unstoppable.

Chorizo...not so much.

Was at the game too. Lots of fun. Biggest shock was Jenkins actually getting a hit off a lefty.

ComiskeyBrewer
05-08-2007, 07:45 AM
Ben Sheets is injured and they still are winning. When you have the bats in the lineup that they have, there's no way you can lose compared to those other scrubs in the division. Man, I gotta get me a throw back Robin Yount Jersey.

No he isn't(infact he has yet to miss a start all year). Not unless he got hurt last night walking home and it hasn't been reported by MJS yet. BTW, the Yount throwback rocks, i have an away jersey from 82. Love the old font.

http://www.onlinesports.com/images/mn-ber82-19.gif

ewokpelts
05-08-2007, 07:49 AM

The Brewers are still the only team to win their first 14 games and not make the playoffs. I think that was 1987. So, it is still early - but exciting for us cheeseheads.but chorizo has the 2nd best record with 4 wins. hot dog has 8

ewokpelts
05-08-2007, 07:50 AM

Scorn me all you want...must be a cubs fan.....

the brewers are only doing what the ligers did in 2006, and the sox in 2005...run like hell for the title.

WhiteSoxJunkie
05-08-2007, 04:04 PM
I sure hope the Brewers make the playoffs. They and the Expos/Nationals are the only two teams to not make the playoffs during my lifetime. The Tigers were crossed off that list last year. I don't count the D-Rays because they haven't made the playoffs in anybody's lifetime.

Hitmen77
05-08-2007, 04:18 PM
I sure hope the Brewers make the playoffs. They and the Expos/Nationals are the only two teams to not make the playoffs during my lifetime. The Tigers were crossed off that list last year. I don't count the D-Rays because they haven't made the playoffs in anybody's lifetime.

What about the Royals? Last playoff appearance 1985 - which is before the Tigers last pre-2006 appearance (1987).

Rockin Robin
05-08-2007, 04:28 PM
I love the Brewer love going on around here...always (well, since they left the AL) been my favorite NL team.

I only wish i'd waited a year to jump on their bandwagon...last March, I was all over them, and they failed me.

WhiteSoxJunkie
05-08-2007, 04:45 PM
What about the Royals? Last playoff appearance 1985 - which is before the Tigers last pre-2006 appearance (1987).

I had a feeling I was forgetting someone. Nice to see someone's paying attention to what I say. :smile:

Hitmen77
05-08-2007, 08:32 PM
I had a feeling I was forgetting someone. Nice to see someone's paying attention to what I say. :smile:

:wink:

chisoxmike
05-08-2007, 10:37 PM
must be a cubs fan.....

Yeah thats it...:rolleyes:

ewokpelts
05-09-2007, 09:32 AM
Yeah thats it...:rolleyes:the only people poo pooing the brew crew right now are cubs fans. even after i bring up the fact that the ligers and sox had similar mad runs

IndianWhiteSox
05-09-2007, 09:35 AM
No he isn't(infact he has yet to miss a start all year). Not unless he got hurt last night walking home and it hasn't been reported by MJS yet. BTW, the Yount throwback rocks, i have an away jersey from 82. Love the old font.

Thanks for the info, and by the way, are the home one's still intact?

ewokpelts
05-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the info, and by the way, are the home one's still intact?
they wear the old skool jerseys on friday nights

Fenway
05-14-2007, 09:14 AM
This is a intersting fan site...gotta love the name

http://www.peeyourpantsforthebrewers.com/ :tongue:

Tom Paciorek was on Fox Sports Radio yesterday talking about the great Brewers-White Sox rivalry.

I don't think Fox has an outlet in Chicago but it is much better than ESPN Radio ( except for JT the Brick)

johnr1note
05-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Because for a lot of us it's our national league team.

And the hate for Chicagoians stems very much from Flubbers taking over Miller whenever the Cubs are in town. Once you sit down long enough with a Brewers fan and explain your a Sox fan they are usually much nicer.

I think it also comes from a general hate of Chicago that people in Milwaukee have, it's understandable though, when most Brewers fans think of Chicago they think of the Cubs. :whiner:

Some of you will recall, back in the days right after the earth cooled and dinosaurs roamed the earth, the Brewers were in the American League, and busloads and carloads of Sox fans would truck up to County Stadium and take over the park whenever the White Sox played in Milwaukee. I'm sure Brewers fans who are my age (and older ones who grew up with the BRAVES in Milwaukee) don't have a lot of love lost for the White Sox. Remember, when the Senators became the Rangers, the powers that be in the AL shifted the Brewers to the East rather then the White Sox, and many of us had trouble figuring that out, other than Stienbrenner and Williams not wanting a more competitive team (at the time) in the East.

I think there is a general dislike of all things Chicago in the land of cheese and sausage. Its just the "Cub factor" is probably more irritating than the White sox "factor" was back in the 70s and 80s.

ComiskeyBrewer
05-25-2007, 12:50 AM
Just an FYi, but Ryan Braun was called up tonight by the Brewers. Should help replace that offensive black hole the brewers have had at 3B for the first 2 months of the season.

MUsoxfan
05-25-2007, 12:54 AM
Just an FYi, but Ryan Braun was called up tonight by the Brewers. Should help replace that offensive black hole the brewers have had at 3B for the first 2 months of the season.

So Koskie's out for the long run?

ComiskeyBrewer
05-26-2007, 02:46 AM
So Koskie's out for the long run?

Koskie may never play again. Hopefully he can get back to the point where he can enjoy life. His PCS is really bad(i mean REALLY bad). He said he could be back within a month, but who knows really? I just hope he can get over it.

BTW, Braun had 2 RBI and a hit in tonight game. He's already out producing Councillino.

Grzegorz
05-26-2007, 04:53 AM

I just picked this guy up in fantasy; I am looking for an upgrade over Inge. I work with a Brewer fan and he's always giving me info on the team.

I'd love to see the Brewers win the NL Central; they're my favorite NL team.

RadioheadRocks
05-26-2007, 05:29 AM

I remember those. The Brewers also had the only cool thing that came from that dreadful "Turn Ahead The Clock" promotion from 1999. Gotta love those caps with the Beer Barrel Man logo!

Hmmm, not showing the photo. Oh well, here's a link to a site with all those godawful unis, scroll all the way to the bottom for the Brewers uni and cap: http://www.angelfire.com/blues/new_yorker/TATC.html

Johnny Mostil
05-26-2007, 07:18 AM
Some of you will recall, back in the days right after the earth cooled and dinosaurs roamed the earth, the Brewers were in the American League, and busloads and carloads of Sox fans would truck up to County Stadium and take over the park whenever the White Sox played in Milwaukee. I'm sure Brewers fans who are my age (and older ones who grew up with the BRAVES in Milwaukee) don't have a lot of love lost for the White Sox. Remember, when the Senators became the Rangers, the powers that be in the AL shifted the Brewers to the East rather then the White Sox, and many of us had trouble figuring that out, other than Stienbrenner and Williams not wanting a more competitive team (at the time) in the East.

I think there is a general dislike of all things Chicago in the land of cheese and sausage. Its just the "Cub factor" is probably more irritating than the White sox "factor" was back in the 70s and 80s.

I was waiting for a fellow dinosaur to mention this. Mike Royko had this to say about the Brewers/Sox rivalry in '82:

The fans at County Stadium are said to be even more boisterous and rowdy than White Sox fans. In fact, White Sox fans complain that when they go to Milwaukee for games, the Milwaukee fans drop objects on their heads, which shows that there is some justice in the world.

Anyway, the whole Royko column, explaining why he was rooting for the Brewers in the postseason that year, was rather funny, and, to be fair, I should note some Sox fans I saw at games in Milwaukee weren't always on their best behavior. But, yeah, it's strange for a dinosaur like me to see the Brew Crew love here . . .

ComiskeyBrewer
05-27-2007, 02:16 AM
I just picked this guy up in fantasy; I am looking for an upgrade over Inge. I work with a Brewer fan and he's always giving me info on the team.

I'd love to see the Brewers win the NL Central; they're my favorite NL team.

Well. dude hit a HR tonight. Just for the record in the Month of May:

Braun 3 RBI(thru 2 games)

Counsell/Graffy:4 RBI(thru 22 games)

I'd say it's a nice upgrade.

ewokpelts
05-27-2007, 06:36 AM
brew crew needs to win some games...QUICK.

ComiskeyBrewer
05-28-2007, 01:52 AM
brew crew needs to win some games...QUICK.

You forget what division the Brewers play in. Still have a 5 game lead, and now get to come back home and play atlanta and the Cubs. I expect them to get back on the winning track.

Nellie_Fox
05-28-2007, 01:56 AM
You forget what division the Brewers play in. Still have a 5 game lead, and now get to come back home and play atlanta and the Cubs. I expect them to get back on the winning track.I hope you're right. I'd enjoy seeing the Brewers back in the playoffs.

WSFP00
05-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Can't wait to make a couple of trips up to Miller Park this summer. They allow tailgating right?

MUsoxfan
05-28-2007, 07:03 PM
Can't wait to make a couple of trips up to Miller Park this summer. They allow tailgating right?

They almost get offended if you don't tailgate:cool:

WSFP00
05-28-2007, 07:04 PM
They almost get offended if you don't tailgate:cool:
In that case......:gulp:

gosiu
05-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Koskie may never play again. Hopefully he can get back to the point where he can enjoy life. His PCS is really bad(i mean REALLY bad). He said he could be back within a month, but who knows really? I just hope he can get over it.

BTW, Braun had 2 RBI and a hit in tonight game. He's already out producing Councillino.
Now I feel bad. I was at his last game, and it was one hell of a play. Koskie caught a ball while running toward left field and fell straight back. The ball popped out and Bill Hall caught the ball on the fly. Great play, but what a sad way to go.

ewokpelts
05-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Can't wait to make a couple of trips up to Miller Park this summer. They allow tailgating right?does a cow ****?

TomBradley72
05-29-2007, 11:49 AM
I live up in Antioch...so Miller Park is actually 1 mile closer to my house than USCF...the Brewers are my adopted National League team (for obvious reasons :cool: ).

Went to the game yesterday....Miller Park is a GREAT place to see a game, and the crowds have alot more life to them this year since the team is a contender. The game was a sell out, everyone stayed until the end since it was a 1 run game...but we were still able to to get out of the parking lot and on to 94 in about 15 minutes. Nice team of young players....but Braun (their new 3B) looked completely over matched at the plate despite getting a few hits in his first few games.

Foulke You
05-29-2007, 12:39 PM
You forget what division the Brewers play in. Still have a 5 game lead, and now get to come back home and play atlanta and the Cubs. I expect them to get back on the winning track.
I hope you're right as well. The Cubs are in a tailspin and the rest of the division is awful too yet somehow the Brewers have managed to LOSE some of their division lead because they've been just as bad. If they'd have played .500 ball during this stretch, they'd have opened up quite a lead. I think 84 wins will win this pathetic division this year. If the Brewers get on another big roll, they should be able to run away with this thing.

ComiskeyBrewer
05-29-2007, 10:25 PM

The Brewers encourage it(infact, when it was found that it was illegal in MIlwaukee 2 years ago, they changed the rule within a week, IIRC). Nothing quite like tailgating in Milwaukee.

MUsoxfan
05-29-2007, 10:27 PM
And the Brewers end the losing streak....

Time to go on a run, boys

ComiskeyBrewer
05-29-2007, 10:29 PM
I live up in Antioch...so Miller Park is actually 1 mile closer to my house than USCF...the Brewers are my adopted National League team (for obvious reasons :cool: ).

Went to the game yesterday....Miller Park is a GREAT place to see a game, and the crowds have alot more life to them this year since the team is a contender. The game was a sell out, everyone stayed until the end since it was a 1 run game...but we were still able to to get out of the parking lot and on to 94 in about 15 minutes. Nice team of young players....but Braun (their new 3B) looked completely over matched at the plate despite getting a few hits in his first few games.

They actually opened up a new street leading out of the general parking(runs right next to the Casino), and swtiched it to four lanes one way instead of just two in years past. General Parking is MUCH easier in and out now. 15-20 mins compared to 1 hour at sellouts in years past. As for Braun, he looks like he is pressing too much now that he is at home. Got his first hit at MP today, hopefully it will come easier. His defense also looks much improved since Spring Training.

TomBradley72
05-30-2007, 04:33 PM
They actually opened up a new street leading out of the general parking(runs right next to the Casino), and swtiched it to four lanes one way instead of just two in years past. General Parking is MUCH easier in and out now. 15-20 mins compared to 1 hour at sellouts in years past. As for Braun, he looks like he is pressing too much now that he is at home. Got his first hit at MP today, hopefully it will come easier. His defense also looks much improved since Spring Training.

Nice Sig. :cool:

After today's debacle....I'll be looking for "Brewers Interactive".:angry:

JB98
05-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Nice Sig. :cool:

After today's debacle....I'll be looking for "Brewers Interactive".:angry:

****, you're not having a very good day, are you? That Brewers implosion was pretty bad. I don't think it was quite as bad as the Sox loss, but it was pretty maddening in its own right. A seven-run eighth inning? Yikes.....:o:

ComiskeyBrewer
05-31-2007, 04:10 AM
****, you're not having a very good day, are you? That Brewers implosion was pretty bad. I don't think it was quite as bad as the Sox loss, but it was pretty maddening in its own right. A seven-run eighth inning? Yikes.....:o:

Yep, turnbow blew this one. Should have been a win, but oh well.

southside rocks
05-31-2007, 07:11 AM
I was at the game -- my first trip to Miller Park. Liked the park a lot, liked the game until Turnbow came in and flaked out. Bush pitched really well!

And then we got out to our car, heard the score in the Sox game and the way they blew it, and it took us 3 1/2 hours to get back to Chicago in really horrible traffic. So from about 2:00 on, the day sucked.