PDA

View Full Version : Good to see

Jerry_Manuel
03-26-2002, 05:57 PM
Especially after all the trouble last year with Von Joshua.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020326/capt.1017173957white_sox_clayton_xtc201.jpg
Chicago White Sox hitting coach Gary Ward, left, works with Royce Clayton Monday, March 25, 2002 at Tucson Electric Park in Tucson Ariz. prior to an exhibition game against the Anaheim Angels. Clayton's batting average fell below .100 last season, but he ended up with team-best .323 after the All-Star break and finished the season with a respectable .263 average. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren)

Pete_SSAC
03-26-2002, 06:07 PM
As unpopular as this will be, I'm going to say that Royace will have a carrer season this season.

- Pete

RedPinStripes
03-26-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC
As unpopular as this will be, I'm going to say that Royace will have a carrer season this season.

- Pete

as much as i can't stand royce, I hope he has a career season. Wouldn't hurt the team and it would raise his price tag so he would definatly be gone next year.

cheeses_h_rice
03-26-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

as much as i can't stand royce, I hope he has a career season. Wouldn't hurt the team and it would raise his price tag so he would definatly be gone next year.

I'm pretty sure The Choice is only under contract through the end of this season.

Daver
03-26-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

I'm pretty sure The Choice is only under contract through the end of this season.

He is,RPS was trying to say that if he has a good year he will price himself out of consideration for returning.

PaleHoseGeorge
03-26-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by daver
He is, RPS was trying to say that if he has a good year he will price himself out of consideration for returning.

Royce needs something approaching a career year or he might not have job offers next winter. He has six months to prove all the side talk about his lousy clubhouse demeanor should be overlooked for a veteran big league ballplayer.

I suspect he'll do just fine. I hope he wins the pennant for us in the process, too.

Paulwny
03-26-2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Royce needs something approaching a career year or he might not have job offers next winter. He has six months to prove all the side talk about his lousy clubhouse demeanor should be overlooked for a veteran big league ballplayer.

I suspect he'll do just fine. I hope he wins the pennant for us in the process, too.

Contract years always seem to bring out the best in some players.