PDA

View Full Version : A Montreal giggle

duke of dorwood
03-26-2002, 03:53 PM
-"WE HAVE TO CATCH THE BALL" - Jose Canseco singled in the ninth inning (1-for-4) when the Expos had two of their four hits and scored their only run. Andres Galarraga, who opening the inning with a single, scored on a fielder's choice by Glen Barker. Canseco had one fly ball pop out of his glove as he attempted a running catch. It was ruled a two-base error and opened the gates for a three-run rally. He slipped while starting after another ball. It was ruled a double. Gold Glove shortstop Orlando Cabrera, who missed a week with a sore back, booted a chance that set up another two-run inning. Five of the six runs charged to Carl Pavano were unearned. "We have to catch the ball and throw the ball," Robinson said for the umpteenth time.

PaleHoseGeorge
03-26-2002, 04:44 PM
Holy Cow, nobody but the Sox would take a chance on the former Newark Bear last season, and now Frank Robinson intends to use Jose Canseco in his outfield?

Man, I can't believe they are going to let this team schedule 162 games against major league opponents.

OTOH, now that I think about it, I see method to MLB's madness.

Bud Selig: October, 2002.
:tool
"See, I told you Montreal couldn't compete. Fold up the tent!"

Talk about your self-fulfilling prophecies! :gulp: