View Full Version : A Montreal giggle

duke of dorwood
03-26-2002, 04:53 PM
-"WE HAVE TO CATCH THE BALL" - Jose Canseco singled in the ninth inning (1-for-4) when the Expos had two of their four hits and scored their only run. Andres Galarraga, who opening the inning with a single, scored on a fielder's choice by Glen Barker. Canseco had one fly ball pop out of his glove as he attempted a running catch. It was ruled a two-base error and opened the gates for a three-run rally. He slipped while starting after another ball. It was ruled a double. Gold Glove shortstop Orlando Cabrera, who missed a week with a sore back, booted a chance that set up another two-run inning. Five of the six runs charged to Carl Pavano were unearned. "We have to catch the ball and throw the ball," Robinson said for the umpteenth time.

03-26-2002, 05:44 PM
Holy Cow, nobody but the Sox would take a chance on the former Newark Bear last season, and now Frank Robinson intends to use Jose Canseco in his outfield?

Man, I can't believe they are going to let this team schedule 162 games against major league opponents.

OTOH, now that I think about it, I see method to MLB's madness.

Bud Selig: October, 2002.
"See, I told you Montreal couldn't compete. Fold up the tent!"

Talk about your self-fulfilling prophecies! :gulp: