PDA

View Full Version : Indians waive Scott Radinsky...

czalgosz
03-26-2002, 04:12 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/gen/wire?messageId=8229109

:KW

Hmmmm.... he certainly exudes veteran presence, doesn't he?

PaleHoseGeorge
03-26-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
[url]Hmmmm.... he certainly exudes veteran presence, doesn't he?

LOL!!!

Who was it that Kermie was talking about when he heard Minnesota signed a flea-bitten veteran "who throws a nasty 'veteran presence' pitch?"

:jerry
"At this point, I'll take anyone who still has their arm attached!"

FarmerAndy
03-26-2002, 04:25 PM
I can't help but feel bad for Rad. He was one of my favorites when he was with the Sox. The guy has alot of heart and obviously loves the game. He owns a skatepark in California and has a pretty successful band, so I'm sure he'll be o.k.. It's just kind of sad to see his baseball career end like this.

I wish him the best of luck.

Nellie_Fox
03-26-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
....It's just kind of sad to see his baseball career end like this.

Pro sports is a tough business. Very few get to leave on their own terms. I remember when Rad was a rookie, he rode his bicycle to Comiskey through some questionable neighborhoods on a daily basis. He was portrayed as a left-handed California surfer dude flake.

duke of dorwood
03-26-2002, 04:45 PM
I still wear his jersey to the games sometimes. Could he be worse than Pulsipher?

PaleHoseGeorge
03-26-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
I still wear his jersey to the games sometimes. Could he be worse than Pulsipher?

:bundy
"Aggggghhhhhh!!!!"

Why did you scare me like that?

:)

FarmerAndy
03-26-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

Pro sports is a tough business. Very few get to leave on their own terms. I remember when Rad was a rookie, he rode his bicycle to Comiskey through some questionable neighborhoods on a daily basis. He was portrayed as a left-handed California surfer dude flake.

You are absolutley right. It's still kinda sucks though, when it's a player that you really liked.

That's pretty funny about him riding his bike to the park through bad neighborhoods. I've heard a few goofy stories about him over the years. He certainly is a character.

Chisoxfn
03-26-2002, 09:05 PM
I always liked Radinsky. Its too bad he had all those arm troubles. Maybe he'll get healthy and be given a shot to play himself onto the big league roster.

It wouldn't hurt signing him to a minor league deal

baggio202
03-26-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
I can't help but feel bad for Rad. He was one of my favorites when he was with the Sox. The guy has alot of heart and obviously loves the game. He owns a skatepark in California and has a pretty successful band, so I'm sure he'll be o.k.. It's just kind of sad to see his baseball career end like this.

radinsky is a lefty....if alan embreo found a job somebody will pick up radinsky..

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-27-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Chisoxfn
I always liked Radinsky. Its too bad he had all those arm troubles. Maybe he'll get healthy and be given a shot to play himself onto the big league roster.

It wouldn't hurt signing him to a minor league deal

could be like us signing Jim Abbott a few yrs back

Foulke You
03-28-2002, 02:30 PM
Rad had a great fastball when he was with us. I agree that he couldn't do any worse then an Embree or Pulsipher. Who knows? Maybe some familar environment where he had success (Comiskey) could revive him?

doctor30th
03-28-2002, 05:33 PM
according to ESPN the White sox waived him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teamtransactions?team=chw

Cheryl
03-28-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by doctor30th
according to ESPN the White sox waived him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teamtransactions?team=chw

Does that mean we're blaming K-Willy for this one too?

RichH55
03-28-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl

Does that mean we're blaming K-Willy for this one too?

Most likely....if KW was to cut him then suddenly he would become the God of veteran lefties

Dude remember when KW dealt Perry for that minor leaguer! Worst Trade Ever