PDA

View Full Version : Sox/Rockies game 3-26

Jerry_Manuel
03-26-2002, 04:08 PM
I'm just checking the game on yahoo and currently it's 6-3 Rockies after 2 innings. I have no idea who is pitching, but I hope it was someone from the minor league camp.

duke of dorwood
03-26-2002, 04:10 PM
On the radio yesterday they said Garland was starting today

CerberusWG
03-26-2002, 04:14 PM
Hehehehehhehehhe

/me slams head into desk over and over and over...

Jerry_Manuel
03-26-2002, 04:51 PM
6-4 Rockies Top 5

Magglio hit a homer off Neagle.

A's beating the Cubs 5-2, in the 5th as well.

hold2dibber
03-26-2002, 05:24 PM
Rockies 10, Sox 4 in the 6th :angry: :whiner: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

It's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST, it's just ST. . .

czalgosz
03-26-2002, 05:34 PM
Ball's really flying out today - 10-8 Rockies after 6. Sox hit two homers off of Neagle.

Pete_SSAC
03-26-2002, 05:36 PM
Yeah, and it's not like Neagle is a horrible pitcher either (Not great, but not horrible), so it must be something in the air.

At least, that's what I'll keep telling myself.

- Pete

Randar68
03-26-2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC
Yeah, and it's not like Neagle is a horrible pitcher either (Not great, but not horrible), so it must be something in the air.

At least, that's what I'll keep telling myself.

- Pete

I'm not worried about Garland and there's solid physics to that reasoning. I won't go into the details right now, but while he isn't exactly showing #1 stuff, if he's throwing a lot of Curveballs and sliders and leaving them up now, they won't be up when he hits the cold air in the first month of the season.

czalgosz
03-26-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

I'm not worried about Garland and there's solid physics to that reasoning. I won't go into the details right now, but while he isn't exactly showing #1 stuff, if he's throwing a lot of Curveballs and sliders and leaving them up now, they won't be up when he hits the cold air in the first month of the season.

I'm not worried about any of the pitchers unless it's a situation like Howry or Parque where they just aren't effective. I take what coaches say with a huge grain of salt, but during Spring Training, I usually believe it, not being able to see otherwise.

As I recall, Mark Buerhle struggled last Spring Training, as did Rocky Biddle, and both of them were lights out once the regular season started. I believe that Garland will be starting at Pac Bell on Sunday. I'll be there, and let you guys know how he looks.

Pete_SSAC
03-26-2002, 05:50 PM

Mmmm... thanks for reminding me. I forgot that the warm air has that effect on breaking stuff (and Garland is more of a breaking ball pitcher). I just kept remebering how it has an effect on how the ball travels.

I just hope the young guys realize this and don't get freaked out. That would be bad.

- Pete

Jerry_Manuel
03-26-2002, 05:53 PM
10-9 Rockies in the 8th.

Magglio, Sandy, and Tony with homers.

Randar68
03-26-2002, 06:25 PM

Mmmm... thanks for reminding me. I forgot that the warm air has that effect on breaking stuff (and Garland is more of a breaking ball pitcher). I just kept remebering how it has an effect on how the ball travels.

I just hope the young guys realize this and don't get freaked out. That would be bad.

- Pete

Not only is it warm, but it's nearly as high as Coors Field if I recall correctly. His balls won't break because his slider is thrown harder than typical and his fastball movement likely is non-existent...

Pete_SSAC
03-26-2002, 06:29 PM

Not only is it warm, but it's nearly as high as Coors Field if I recall correctly. His balls won't break because his slider is thrown harder than typical and his fastball movement likely is non-existent...

Which equals BP.

- Pete

Randar68
03-26-2002, 06:34 PM

Which equals BP.

- Pete

Precisely

Pete_SSAC
03-26-2002, 06:36 PM
BOy, the bottom of the 8th is taking a long time.

On a plus side, Cubs just blew their 2 run lead. Now 11-13

- Pete

czalgosz
03-26-2002, 06:37 PM
BOy, the bottom of the 8th is taking a long time.

On a plus side, Cubs just blew their 2 run lead. Now 11-13

- Pete

I like to think it's the top of the 9th that's taking a while - the 8th is over, isn't it?

The scores around the Cactus League are what leads me to not freak out. Every other game has 20 runs in it.

Pete_SSAC
03-26-2002, 06:41 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure if Bot. of the 8th means. bottom of the 8th, or rather End of the 8th.

Also, if you look at the scores so far, there's been 74 runs in the catucs league (10 teams. 7.40 ERA)

- Pete

czalgosz
03-26-2002, 06:42 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure if Bot. of the 8th means. bottom of the 8th, or rather End of the 8th.

Also, if you look at the scores so far, there's been 74 runs in the catucs league (10 teams. 7.40 ERA)

- Pete

I see End 8th on Yahoo - either the game is over and they are not bothering to update, or the Sox are batting around. That's the only two options.

Pete_SSAC
03-26-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

I see End 8th on Yahoo - either the game is over and they are not bothering to update, or the Sox are batting around. That's the only two options.

I think the Sox might be doing some more of that 9th inning magick. If it were the end of the game, it would have said "Final".

- Pete

czalgosz
03-26-2002, 07:04 PM
ESPN.com put up 10-9 Rockies as a final, so there you go...

Pete_SSAC
03-26-2002, 07:05 PM
ESPN.com put up 10-9 Rockies as a final, so there you go...

Yeah, CBSSportsline is reporting that too.

Geezzz took long enough.

- Pete

czalgosz
03-26-2002, 07:23 PM
Just found a boxscore -

Garland gave up all the runs (8 of them earned) on 12 hits in 4 2/3 innings - K'ed 4, walked one. Wunsch finished the 5th, walking the first guy he faced and then getting the next one.

Barcelo, Foulke, and Glover pitched scoreless innings each to finish the game. None of them walked anyone, and Barcelo struck out 2.

Iguana775
03-26-2002, 08:06 PM
Just found a boxscore -

Garland gave up all the runs (8 of them earned) on 12 hits in 4 2/3 innings - K'ed 4, walked one. Wunsch finished the 5th, walking the first guy he faced and then getting the next one.

Barcelo, Foulke, and Glover pitched scoreless innings each to finish the game. None of them walked anyone, and Barcelo struck out 2.

now that is actually some good news.......scoreless innings from those three and garland only walking 1. now that is pretty good if you ask me. that means that they are getting their control (or if you wanna play devils advocate, it means that they were just being hit no matter where it was. lol)