PDA

View Full Version : M&m/scout Seat Guy

MCHSoxFan
04-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Since 2005 I always see that guy who wears the same M&M jacket in 131s row 1. Does anybody know him/know who he is? I also saw him sitting coutside at the Bulls/Heat game at the UC. For some reason it is driving me mad!!!

THANKS!!!

Note to Mods: If this should be in a nother fourm, sorry. You can move it. I am not sure where it should go. :D:

HotelWhiteSox
04-30-2007, 07:04 PM
I think he drinks Dos Equis

MCHSoxFan
04-30-2007, 07:07 PM

When you say that, if you are not just playing around, do you mean he get free season tickets or special packages?

twentywontowin
04-30-2007, 07:18 PM
No idea who he is but I swear he wears that jacket in the middle of the summer as well. He has to be dying in it.

DumpJerry
04-30-2007, 07:19 PM
I know who he is.

nasox
04-30-2007, 07:24 PM
I know who he is.

He's posted here a few times.

HITMEN OF 77
04-30-2007, 07:31 PM
David Gilliland

MCHSoxFan
04-30-2007, 07:31 PM
I know who he is.

Anymore deatils on him? I just want to know what he does and how he gets sweeeet seats to EVERYTHING. For the WS he sat in section 128 row BB. I think he posted here, too. He sig was his M&M's jacket!!! :D:

DumpJerry
04-30-2007, 07:33 PM
Anymore deatils on him? I just want to know what he does and how he gets sweeeet seats to EVERYTHING. For the WS he sat in section 128 row BB. I think he posted here, too. He sig was his M&M's jacket!!! :D:
He got them the same way everyone else got their seats. He gave the White Sox money and they sent him a package of tickets.

HotelWhiteSox
04-30-2007, 07:34 PM

I don't want to ruin Yellow M&M's name, I knew that poster with the jacket in the sig, he was just a fan

NardiWasHere
04-30-2007, 08:17 PM

Good thinking. In addition to attending sporting events and being asked about by strangers on an internet website (creepy?) Here is what I could find about this guy...

1. The police often question him just because they find him interesting.

2. His beard alone has experienced more than a lesser man's entire body.

3. His blood smells like cologne.

4. He is the most interesting man in the world.

LongLiveFisk
04-30-2007, 08:58 PM

"Love is in the air....." :bateyes:

briguy27
04-30-2007, 09:59 PM
omg i noticed this too, i saw him at game 2 of bulls/heat at the united center too. i saw him last year when i saw the sox play in pittsburgh, he was wearing the coat, it was like 85 degrees

FedEx227
04-30-2007, 11:12 PM
I've actually started a new religion/cult focused on M&M's Jacket Guy.

Send me $5 if you want to come along for the ride.

HotelWhiteSox
04-30-2007, 11:16 PM
I've actually started a new religion/cult focused on M&M's Jacket Guy.

Send me $5 if you want to come along for the ride.

Is it tax deductible?

FedEx227
04-30-2007, 11:17 PM
Of course.

CLR01
04-30-2007, 11:32 PM
You know you've made it when you are being stalked on WSI. :cool:

BainesHOF
04-30-2007, 11:50 PM
He once punched a magician.

ILuvThatDuck
04-30-2007, 11:57 PM
He can pop a wheelie on a unicycle.

DumpJerry
04-30-2007, 11:59 PM
He once stole my Snickers bar when I wasn't looking. Honest.

CLR01
05-01-2007, 12:06 AM

It figures that a Sox fan would be a low life. http://whitesoxinteractive.com/chisox716/shakehead.gif

dcb56
05-01-2007, 07:19 AM
Oh man does the M&M guy take me back... I remember this site was obsessed with him for quite awhile a couple years ago.... 05 was truly a magical time to be a Sox fan...

BeviBall!
05-01-2007, 09:00 AM
Considering he wore that jacket on a day in which it was near 80 degrees... one might say he craves attention.

kevingrt
05-01-2007, 09:04 AM
You know you've made it when you are being stalked on WSI. :cool:

That's what we are here for. WSI- Totally Stalkers

lumpyspun
05-01-2007, 10:31 AM

At least M&M's and Snickers are both made by Mars Inc. At first I thought he wasn't being loyal to his favorite snack maker...

Rocky Soprano
05-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Considering he wore that jacket on a day in which it was near 80 degrees... one might say he craves attention.

My thoughts exactly.

HotelWhiteSox
05-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Maybe it's like Kramer, women are attracted to it.

I have seen him take it off or change it more often this year. I should pay attention to the game more often :mg:

Jason82807
07-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I just can't believe he's wearing it today.

kevingrt
07-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I just can't believe he's wearing it today.

Looks like a different guy today or he's lost a ton of weight. Or I am just going crazy.

Probably the latter.

Jason82807
07-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Looks like a different guy today or he's lost a ton of weight. Or I am just going crazy.

Probably the latter.

He probably lost about 40 lbs of sweat if he's been wearing that thing all summer.

dickallen15
07-06-2012, 09:51 PM
That jacket has to stink.

gobears1987
07-06-2012, 10:02 PM
His name is egomaniac and he owns a company we're not going to give him free publicity for.

LongLiveFisk
07-06-2012, 10:13 PM
That jacket has to stink.

Maybe not as much as the Southpaw outfit. :o:

kevingrt
07-06-2012, 10:19 PM

Southpaw is a girl, and girls do not sweat, fart, or poop. So she probably smells fine.

Brian26
07-06-2012, 11:07 PM

Saw that when I was watching earlier. Of course, if he wasn't wearing it, he wouldn't get recognized. I'm convinced he enjoys the attention now, which is why I think we should ignore him.

However, seriously, it's 106-degrees outside, which is only a few degrees hotter than Chisoxfanatic's apartment right now.

DumpJerry
07-06-2012, 11:09 PM

Southpaw is a girl, and girls do not sweat, fart, or poop. So she probably smells fine.
Costumes like Southpaw's have fans inside them to keep the air fresh.

I heard there's a new Southpaw and it's a guy.

WLL1855
07-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Saw that when I was watching earlier. Of course, if he wasn't wearing it, he wouldn't get recognized. I'm convinced he enjoys the attention now, which is why I think we should ignore him.

However, seriously, it's 106-degrees outside, which is only a few degrees hotter than Chisoxfanatic's apartment right now.

Is this the same guy who unfurled a small USA flag and held it up to the camera during the game?

Not that I'm against displaying the colors, but doing so in a blatant manner to garner attention for yourself is a bit sad.

The Immigrant
07-06-2012, 11:21 PM

His company sponsors the White Sox, so I don't begrudge the attention he is getting.

DSpivack
07-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Is this the same guy who unfurled a small USA flag and held it up to the camera during the game?

Not that I'm against displaying the colors, but doing so in a blatant manner to garner attention for yourself is a bit sad.

Except that, from what I remember, the flag was backwords (to the camera, front-facing to him).

shingo10
07-06-2012, 11:35 PM
I would LOVE if the White Sox donated a Sox jacket for him to wear so then he wouldn't look so out of place every home game. It's like a Nascar driver or something sitting behind home plate with bright yellow when everything else around that area is Sox colors/green.

That being said its his right to wear whatever he wants. I just wish he would show some Sox pride.

roylestillman
07-06-2012, 11:41 PM
In wearing that jacket tonight this guy has officially crossed the line into Ronnie Woo-Woo territory. Annoying and embarrassing.

Lamp81
07-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Why is he giving away free publicity for the Mars/Wrigley company, unless that is who he works for? His placement on TV, is worth Thousands of $$ in product placement.

He should wear the logos of his own company, and if they are a Sox sponsor, so much the better. And if he does work for Mars/Wrigley, that is interesting, as the Wrigley company has been getting free product placement on the North Side Beer Garden for many years.

LongLiveFisk
07-07-2012, 12:00 AM

In wearing that jacket tonight this guy has officially crossed the line into Ronnie Woo-Woo territory. Annoying and embarrassing.

I have heard the phrase "attention whore" used to describe him. While I don't know him and he may be a very nice guy, I am inclined to agree at this point.

Noneck
07-07-2012, 12:10 AM
Why is he giving away free publicity for the Mars/Wrigley company, unless that is who he works for? His placement on TV, is worth Thousands of $$ in product placement.

He should wear the logos of his own company, and if they are a Sox sponsor, so much the better. And if he does work for Mars/Wrigley, that is interesting, as the Wrigley company has been getting free product placement on the North Side Beer Garden for many years.

I knew nothing about this guy till now and always assumed he was being paid by mars as a walking billboard.

samurai_sox
07-07-2012, 12:29 AM
I knew nothing about this guy till now and always assumed he was being paid by mars as a walking billboard.

I just hate the guy for having the best seat in the park.

Jpgr91
07-07-2012, 12:46 AM
His name is egomaniac and he owns a company we're not going to give him free publicity for.

To be fair that company is a huge supporter of the White Sox; they pay to advertise in the park, pay to be the "official" provider for the sox, and they have at least 1 skybox. Corporate sponsorship is a huge part of being successful in today's game.

DSpivack
07-07-2012, 01:04 AM
To be fair that company is a huge supporter of the White Sox; they pay to advertise in the park, pay to be the "official" provider for the sox, and they have at least 1 skybox. Corporate sponsorship is a huge part of being successful in today's game.

What I don't understand is how advertising M&M helps out his company. Being in on inside joke, of sorts, seems like a poor marketing plan.

Jpgr91
07-07-2012, 01:13 AM
What I don't understand is how advertising M&M helps out his company. Being in on inside joke, of sorts, seems like a poor marketing plan.

It doesn't help out his company but it did get him a 4 page / 5 year old thread on WSI, there has to be value in that!

TheFrisbee
07-07-2012, 01:24 AM
I heard there's a new Southpaw

With relatives on the inside, I can say that is a definite no.

Nellie_Fox
07-07-2012, 01:37 AM
Why is he giving away free publicity for the Mars/Wrigley company, unless that is who he works for? His placement on TV, is worth Thousands of $$ in product placement.How do you know he's not being paid to wear it?

DSpivack
07-07-2012, 02:32 AM
It doesn't help out his company but it did get him a 4 page / 5 year old thread on WSI, there has to be value in that!

4 pages in 5 years seems like a pretty poor track record. :redneck

Parrothead
07-07-2012, 07:06 AM

Are you trying to say that is a costume with a human in it and not a real "green thing" ? I don't believe you ! :o: I suppose there no Easter Bunny either.

dickallen15
07-07-2012, 07:46 AM
If any company out there is willing to set me up with comp season Scout seats, I will gladly wear their jacket when its 103 degrees.

Brian26
07-07-2012, 11:53 AM
I have heard the phrase "attention whore" used to describe him. While I don't know him and he may be a very nice guy, I am inclined to agree at this point.

If you watch a lot of games, you'll notice a pattern of his antics. He can never be in his seat at the beginning of an inning. He's always coming down that tunnel after the first out. He's got schtick with Southpaw too, where Southpaw has to sit in his seat and then M&M guy has to stand up and make a big spectacle and move down the row.

What's funny is that there's another guy who is almost there for every single game in the first row. He sits just right of the tunnel and the security guard. He's usually in a wheel chair and wears sweatbands and gloves. He's not the least bit annoying though. You notice him, but your eyes aren't constantly drawn to him like M&M.

Lemon44
07-07-2012, 12:17 PM
The fan in question wears a Kyle Busch/NASCAR sponsor jacket, which he received as a gift. The fan feels not having it on will bring bad luck to the White Sox. He was tracked down by the Carmen, Jurko & Harry show last week (I forget the day) and gave those answers.

cbone
07-07-2012, 12:47 PM
My wife and often speculate about two guys that are always on camera. When they are showing a right handed batter they are in the 3rd or 4th row. The men are in their 50's or 60's,salt and pepper hair on one, gray on the other, and they are at every game. Afternoon, night, weekend or weekday. We wonder what their affiliation is or if they are just rich. :smile: Perhaps they are members of WSI? :wink:

Over By There
07-07-2012, 12:50 PM
The fan in question wears a Kyle Busch/NASCAR sponsor jacket, which he received as a gift. The fan feels not having it on will bring bad luck to the White Sox. He was tracked down by the Carmen, Jurko & Harry show last week (I forget the day) and gave those answers.

Yeah, don't want to screw up the awesome mojo from the last few seasons. :bs:

Attention whore.

BainesHOF
07-07-2012, 12:54 PM
If you watch a lot of games, you'll notice a pattern of his antics. He can never be in his seat at the beginning of an inning. He's always coming down that tunnel after the first out. He's got schtick with Southpaw too, where Southpaw has to sit in his seat and then M&M guy has to stand up and make a big spectacle and move down the row.

Bingo!

The Immigrant
07-07-2012, 01:50 PM
My wife and often speculate about two guys that are always on camera. When they are showing a right handed batter they are in the 3rd or 4th row. The men are in their 50's or 60's,salt and pepper hair on one, gray on the other, and they are at every game. Afternoon, night, weekend or weekday. We wonder what their affiliation is or if they are just rich. :smile: Perhaps they are members of WSI? :wink:

Their old man was part of the original ownership group that bought the team from Veeck. One of them is a doctor with a flexible schedule. Nice folks.

Ron Karkovice
07-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Their old man was part of the original ownership group that bought the team from Veeck. One of them is a doctor with a flexible schedule. Nice folks.

Do you know who the Richard Gere looking guy is behind visitors dugout?

Brian26
07-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Yeah, don't want to screw up the awesome mojo from the last few seasons. :bs:

Attention whore.

He's been wearing that jacket since 2006. The Sox have won a grand total of one playoff game since then. Yeah, don't ruin the magic, M&M.

Brian26
07-07-2012, 02:28 PM

This is the "Richard Gere" guy, correct? That would be for left-handed batters though.

thomas35forever
07-07-2012, 02:39 PM
This is the "Richard Gere" guy, correct? That would be for left-handed batters though.
I've always wondered who he is and thought he looks like a guy who used to be on All My Children or some other soap opera. Is he the aforementioned doctor?

As for M&Ms guy, he usually seems to disappear during the second half of the season. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. If that's true, I don't know why.

On a side note, a kid occupied his seat during Buehrle's perfecto.

MarySwiss
07-07-2012, 02:51 PM
I've always wondered who he is and thought he looks like a guy who used to be on All My Children or some other soap opera. Is he the aforementioned doctor?

As for M&Ms guy, he usually seems to disappear during the second half of the season. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. If that's true, I don't know why.

Strange you'd say that! I noticed that guy a long time ago. He reminded me of a friend of mine from my Chicago days. Only thing is, my friend was a big Cubs fan. So I e-mailed my friend and asked if he had finally wised up. His answer? Nope, still a Cubs fan.

I always have heard that everybody has a double, but this guy must have a bunch of them. :D:

cbone
07-07-2012, 02:52 PM

I meant left handed oops!! :redface:

The Immigrant
07-07-2012, 04:07 PM

Yes, he is the doctor.

chisoxfan83
07-08-2012, 10:15 AM
someone told me it was steve dahl

Jason82807
07-08-2012, 10:24 AM

Was the kid wearing a green Sox jacket? I think he is/was a WSI member

thomas35forever
07-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Was the kid wearing a green Sox jacket? I think he is/was a WSI member
Nope. White jersey.

russ99
07-08-2012, 03:15 PM
someone told me it was steve dahl

Steve wore an M&M jacket with that guy once, but the jacket guy isn't Steve. Steve's scout seats are on the third base side.

Harry Potter
07-08-2012, 08:04 PM
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_mlb_experts__53/ept_sports_mlb_experts-559903702-1272056611.jpg?ymj85BDDYbcjxXvq

LongLiveFisk
07-08-2012, 08:30 PM

Yes, he is the doctor.

I notice that guy all the time. My brother mentioned the "Richard Gere" look alike thing a couple of times and that's how I know who he is talking about. Seems to be a longtime STH so I wonder if he posts here. I heard he is a podiatrist.

WhiteSox5187
07-08-2012, 09:32 PM
He's been wearing that jacket since 2006. The Sox have won a grand total of one playoff game since then. Yeah, don't ruin the magic, M&M.

I am pretty sure he was at at least a few Sox games in 2005, I was watching my Sox Pride DVD and saw him sitting back there (or at least some guy in a yellow M&M's jacket).

vinny
07-08-2012, 09:48 PM
With a minimal google effort, you can find out who this guy is if you're really interested. Now that I know, meh. :shrug:

NardiWasHere
07-09-2012, 02:29 AM
I love that I now know what Richard Gere guy does for a living! I've had long discussions during games with people about this topic. I always took the stance that he had to be retired or a recipient of a sizable inheritance or something because those guys rarely ever miss a game. You would think if you worked anything resembling a regular schedule, you couldn't possibly make it to that many games. I guess I'm wrong! That's great.

I find it hilarious that everyone has independently come up with the same nickname for him.... "Richard Gere Guy." I've been calling him that for years. So funny.

So wait, to clarify, someone said his friend was a part of the Veeck ownership group? Or was that a reference to someone else?

Finding out such a mundane fact about a complete stranger shouldn't be this exciting, but for some reason it is.

gregoriop
07-09-2012, 09:37 AM
I've never noticed Richard Gere Guy but I'm going to look for him now.

Wedema
07-09-2012, 10:21 AM
I love that I now know what Richard Gere guy does for a living! I've had long discussions during games with people about this topic. I always took the stance that he had to be retired or a recipient of a sizable inheritance or something because those guys rarely ever miss a game. You would think if you worked anything resembling a regular schedule, you couldn't possibly make it to that many games. I guess I'm wrong! That's great.

I find it hilarious that everyone has independently come up with the same nickname for him.... "Richard Gere Guy." I've been calling him that for years. So funny.

So wait, to clarify, someone said his friend was a part of the Veeck ownership group? Or was that a reference to someone else?

Finding out such a mundane fact about a complete stranger shouldn't be this exciting, but for some reason it is.

The "Richard Gere" doctor is a current investor in the club. I mentioned to him that he was the subject of discussion here when the season tickets came out (he is on the ticket with Southpaw) but I don't think that he had heard of the site. He tries to make every game but I guess that he missed one earlier in the season. Later on, some lady came up to him at a game and said that she noticed on TV that he was not at that one game. It got him mad that someone noticed he missed a game, so he will probably be at the rest of the games this year.

spongyfungy
07-09-2012, 01:20 PM
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_mlb_experts__53/ept_sports_mlb_experts-559903702-1272056611.jpg?ymj85BDDYbcjxXvq

bwahahahaa

Jerko
07-09-2012, 01:33 PM
bwahahahaa

I guess sitting down there for all these years has desensitized him to that BIG NET in front of him.........

what the foulke?
07-09-2012, 01:43 PM
If he wears that jacket for free seats and he goes to games in 106 degree heat, in my mind he is the god of all fans. Risk a heat stroke to see the White Sox....or he could be crazy.

HomeFish
07-09-2012, 04:00 PM
I was at the M&M Store in Las Vegas and saw a $3,000 M&M jacket with rhinestones in it. Just posting it here in case M&M jacket guy reads the forum (I am a supporter of his, he is a Chicago sports icon)

HomeFish
07-09-2012, 04:03 PM
I am pretty sure he was at at least a few Sox games in 2005, I was watching my Sox Pride DVD and saw him sitting back there (or at least some guy in a yellow M&M's jacket).

He showed up to the World Series parade in the M&M jacket. He was definitely being talked about on WSI during the 2005 season.

thehawkeroo
07-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Since 2005 I always see that guy who wears the same M&M jacket in 131s row I also saw him sitting coutside at the Bulls/Heat game at the UC.

Lucky SOB.

Harry Potter
07-09-2012, 09:25 PM
I was at the M&M Store in Las Vegas and saw a $3,000 M&M jacket with rhinestones in it. Just posting it here in case M&M jacket guy reads the forum (I am a supporter of his, he is a Chicago sports icon)

Fixed it for you

soxfanreggie
07-10-2012, 12:13 AM

As far as the fans, they don't always help. In fact, the ones I've worked with rarely helped at all. What helps is ice pack vests, multiple suits and on-site dry cleaning at the end of the day.

Nellie_Fox
07-10-2012, 01:49 AM
Fixed it for you
"Fixing" other people's posts is prohibited. Warned.

CoopaLoop
07-10-2012, 02:05 AM
Well I just wasted 10 minutes finding out who he is and what he does. I guess the jacket is working.

pudge
07-10-2012, 03:23 AM
This thread just sent me down the worst rabbit hole ever... first I find M&M guy on a list of the douchiest Chicago sports fans, then on that list I find the infamous Ligues of "beat-up-Kansas-City-base-coach" fame, only to discover the younger Ligue has a MySpace page in which he brags to this day about beating up the 50-year-old base coach (oh, and is "anticipatin' the arrival of his shorty"... thanks for bringing another one into this world).

Ugh...

MikeKreevich
07-14-2012, 01:13 PM
When you watch as many televised Sox games as I do, you end up checking out the crowd. Anyone notice the fingerless gloves wearing guy in the first row to the third base side of the M&M guy. Looks like he chews and spits in a cup.
As an older man (won't text/tweet, never will), I'm really bothered by people texting and totally ignoring the game. I guess I should be more understanding that most people aren't as in to the game as I am. I'm probably a little jealous of their good seat locations.

SephClone89
07-14-2012, 01:15 PM
When you watch as many televised Sox games as I do, you end up checking out the crowd. Anyone notice the fingerless gloves wearing guy in the first row to the third base side of the M&M guy. Looks like he chews and spits in a cup.
As an older man (won't text/tweet, never will), I'm really bothered by people texting and totally ignoring the game. I guess I should be more understanding that most people aren't as in to the game as I am. I'm probably a little jealous of their good seat locations.

To be fair, when I tweet or text at a game, I'm tweeting or texting about the game. Twitter has totally changed the way I consume sports.

Quentin08
07-14-2012, 01:39 PM
When you watch as many televised Sox games as I do, you end up checking out the crowd.

I know what you mean, I notice the regulars in the first few rows too. How about the young girls who always bring the sign to the crosstown series, "Friends Don't Let Friends Be Cubs Fans". That whole crew makes it to a lot of games. They're usually laughing a lot and having a great time.

300bowler
07-15-2012, 09:30 PM
If I heard correct the guy who wears the M&M jacket is named George and he owns a limo company.:gulp:MMMMMMMMMMM Beer.-Homer Simpson

Shoeless_Jeff
07-16-2012, 01:17 AM
I got curious and looked. Anyone see this?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Guy-who-wears-the-MMs-Jacket-to-every-Whites-Sox-home-game/229485920424014

Funny, but "Whites Sox?" that's a pretty neglectful typo.

gregoriop
07-16-2012, 02:05 PM
I got curious and looked. Anyone see this?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Guy-who-wears-the-MMs-Jacket-to-every-Whites-Sox-home-game/229485920424014

Funny, but "Whites Sox?" that's a pretty neglectful typo.

No, but I am the admin on the Nacho Helmet page.