PDA

View Full Version : Grinder Bash

Scottiehaswheels
04-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Anyone else get the email from the Sox about the Grinder Bash? Anyone else having problems RSVP'ing?

jenn2080
04-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Yes and yes

crazyozzie02
04-16-2007, 12:51 PM
what is the grinder bash? ive never heard of it. and how do you get to go to it?

Scottiehaswheels
04-16-2007, 12:54 PM
what is the grinder bash? ive never heard of it. and how do you get to go to it?
Buy season tickets.

What: An exclusive event to honor Chicago White Sox All-Star Clients. You will have access to the Miller Lite Bullpen Sports Bar, The Patio, The United Scout Seat Lounge, the visitor's clubhouse, The Fan Deck, Pontiac Fundamentals, the warning track, both dugouts and both bullpens.

Appearances by a former player, Southpaw & the World Series trophy, all-you-can-eat-buffet featuring Cajun chicken, fried chicken, hot dogs, BBQ ribs, hamburgers, salads and unlimited beer, wine and soft drinks.

Jerko
04-16-2007, 12:55 PM
Only one day this year????? IIRC it was staggered over 2 days last year with various time-slots on both days.

Scottiehaswheels
04-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Only one day this year????? IIRC it was staggered over 2 days last year with various time-slots on both days.I dunno how its set up.. they only align you with one day... I got May 4th, 5-8pm; if I could RSVP....

chisoxmike
04-16-2007, 12:58 PM
I got May 5, and the RSVP does not work.

Jerko
04-16-2007, 12:58 PM
I dunno how its set up.. they only align you with one day... I got May 4th, 5-8pm; if I could RSVP....

Ah. I'm May 5th 10-1 so I guess they are doing it the same way. I can't RSVP either. I get directed to my account page.

Scottiehaswheels
04-16-2007, 12:59 PM
Ah. I'm May 5th 10-1 so I guess they are doing it the same way. I can't RSVP either. I get directed to my account page.
Yeah same here.. which is fine if they had anything under the right of first refusal where I suspect these would be but its totally blank...

DumpJerry
04-16-2007, 01:22 PM
I got May 5th 3-6 pm. I hit the reply button on the email and added my account rep to the email and explained there was no way to RSVP.

I guess they jumped the gun sending out the email before they set up the RSVP field.....

WS in 05
04-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Question: Last Year I went(with one seat in my package) with a guest....This year I have two seats in my package. Am I screwed because I only have one email on my account or can (me +3 go) or just (me+1)??????

itsnotrequired
04-16-2007, 01:36 PM
I got May 5th 3-6 pm. I hit the reply button on the email and added my account rep to the email and explained there was no way to RSVP.

I guess they jumped the gun sending out the email before they set up the RSVP field.....

I did the same and got an auto-reply from my rep:

Thank you for your interest in Chicago White Sox baseball! If you just sent me an e-mail regarding the 2007 Grinder Bash, please continue to read this message. The RSVP link for the Grinder Bash should be available by the end of the day today, Monday, April 16th. Once the link is correctly working, you will be able to RSVP on My White Sox Account Manager. I apologize for the confusion and inconvenience. Thanks.

Chez
04-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Question: Last Year I went(with one seat in my package) with a guest....This year I have two seats in my package. Am I screwed because I only have one email on my account or can (me +3 go) or just (me+1)??????

You're not "screwed" but it's 2 tickets to the Bash per account -- regardless of how many tickets you have per game.

INSox56
04-16-2007, 02:03 PM
I think it sucks that it's so early this year. I guess (and hope) the weather will be decent by then, who knows though. Last year was definitely hot. Friday 5-8pm...may have to leave work early.. :(:

whitesoxwilkes
04-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Saturday from 10-1. The beer and chicken will be nice and fresh!

IronFisk
04-16-2007, 02:17 PM
Not me - guess I didn't re-up with the Sox Pride Club :angry:

dickallen15
04-16-2007, 02:27 PM
They are having half of the accounts on May 5 the other half in August.

comet2k
04-16-2007, 03:00 PM
I was able to RSVP for Saturday and received a confirmation number.

I hope others can do the same. I sure can't eat all that chicken and ribs by myself!

Jerko
04-16-2007, 03:09 PM
I was able to RSVP for Saturday and received a confirmation number.

I hope others can do the same. I sure can't eat all that chicken and ribs by myself!

Just ordered mine.

IlliniSox
04-16-2007, 03:22 PM
Just ordered mine.

Do you use My Account manager? Do you need a special code or anything? (They never get my email right, so I always miss the first wave of info).

DumpJerry
04-16-2007, 03:22 PM
Do you use My Account manager? Do you need a special code or anything? (They never get my email right, so I always miss the first wave of info).
Yes. It is a right of first refusal event.

Ordered mine!

jenn2080
04-16-2007, 03:25 PM
Just ordered mine. They must have just got the site fixed. They did not have an option to order them when the email came out.

Cuck the Fubs
04-16-2007, 03:56 PM
I got the e mail.........

I got May 5th from 1 to 5pm.........I have another commitment that day though, so I was wondering if anyone that has the 4th would be willing to swap dates with me?

Thanks much,

Mike

Scottiehaswheels
04-16-2007, 05:01 PM
I got the e mail.........

I got May 5th from 1 to 5pm.........I have another commitment that day though, so I was wondering if anyone that has the 4th would be willing to swap dates with me?

Thanks much,

Mike
Mike,
I can prolly swap with ya... lemme get mine confirmed.. I'm gonna be in North Carolina 5/4 as it is so perfect...

Cuck the Fubs
04-16-2007, 05:32 PM
Mike,
I can prolly swap with ya... lemme get mine confirmed.. I'm gonna be in North Carolina 5/4 as it is so perfect...

Perfect,

I went on ahead & confirmed my spot for the Saturday.....once you get locked in drop me a line and we'll get the details ironed out.

Thanks much for helping out!

Mike

Meixner007
04-17-2007, 11:43 AM
Last years was awesome, minus not getting on the field because of the rain. Does everyone who got an email this year have a full season, or do some of you have 27-game plan? Also, where did you hear that they were doing half in May and half in August?

Jerko
04-17-2007, 11:44 AM
Last years was awesome, minus not getting on the field because of the rain. Does everyone who got an email this year have a full season, or do some of you have 27-game plan? Also, where did you hear that they were doing half in May and half in August?

27 game plan and mine is on May 5. I don't know about the August thing.

FedEx227
04-17-2007, 11:45 AM
I hope they do it again for people who come to patio-parties. I got an invite last year by only attending the WSI-Fest. So bring it on again, it was awesome!

Scottiehaswheels
04-17-2007, 11:46 AM
Last years was awesome, minus not getting on the field because of the rain. Does everyone who got an email this year have a full season, or do some of you have 27-game plan? Also, where did you hear that they were doing half in May and half in August?I have both so I don't know which one this applies to.

ewokpelts
04-17-2007, 11:48 AM
my rep told me all his clients are in august. so it appears that half the rep's clients will be at this one, and the other half's in august.

kevingrt
04-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Man I hope I get an invitation in the mail like I did last year because I don't remember the e-mail I used.

Bob G
04-17-2007, 12:54 PM
The email says access to the warning track - I wonder if this means we won't be able to use the field like last year? I played catch with my son and had a great time!!

itsnotrequired
04-17-2007, 12:57 PM
The email says access to the warning track - I wonder if this means we won't be able to use the field like last year? I played catch with my son and had a great time!!

Hmm, I didn't notice that the first time around. It would kind of suck if you had to stay on the dirt the whole time.

Bob G
04-17-2007, 01:01 PM
I agree -maybe there was a problem last year with either damage to the field or someone getting hurt .. I didn't hear anything though.

INSox56
04-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Oh that completely sucks if we can't go on the field.......

comet2k
04-25-2007, 10:24 AM
Has anyone received their tickets yet?

I registered for May 5 the day it was announced when others couldn't get in. A confirmation number flashed on the screen, but I never received an e-mail confirmation or the tickets.

Has anyone heard anything?

ewokpelts
04-25-2007, 10:59 AM
btw, there's scumbags selling thier passes on craigslist. even though they're non-transferable.

Chez
04-25-2007, 11:01 AM

I registered for May 5 the day it was announced when others couldn't get in. A confirmation number flashed on the screen, but I never received an e-mail confirmation or the tickets.

I haven't received my tickets either.

lizard6king6
04-25-2007, 05:37 PM
btw, there's scumbags selling thier passes on craigslist. even though they're non-transferable.

I went last year and had a blast. Last year I recieved some due to a group outing coordinater but I was told its just for season ticket holders this year. I was going to buy some from someone if I could but if there non transferable, Im not even going to take the chance. Last year was good enough for me

"Playing catch at U.S. Cellular on the field" I can check that off my goals in life :) even if it was only once.

Scottiehaswheels
04-25-2007, 10:46 PM
even though they're non-transferable.I'm trying to trade mine for another day... can we even do that do you think?

chisoxfanatic
04-25-2007, 11:42 PM
I don't see this in the My White Sox Account. Is it supposed to be viewable from there?

ewokpelts
04-26-2007, 02:19 AM
I'm trying to trade mine for another day... can we even do that do you think?not according to the ST holder email i got.

WS in 05
04-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Got a reply from my rep: they are sending out the tickets today, also no outfield access last it got pretty tore up he said.

comet2k
04-26-2007, 03:50 PM
FYI to all: Just noticed that my Bash reservation shows up among my game tickets in my account manager. I thought I'd receive an e-mail confirmation and didn't, but this confirms I'm expected.

ChiSox524
04-27-2007, 04:09 PM
Just got my tickets. The letter said we will have the access to everything from last year (except the outfield grass), and the Jim Beam Club. I don't remember if they let us on the fundamentals deck last year but they are this year.

chisoxgrl
04-29-2007, 06:54 PM
Has anyone here heard of this, or been there before? It is next Saturday and for season ticket holders. I am one, so I have tickets, but am wondering if it is as cool as it sounds.....

skobabe8
04-29-2007, 07:06 PM
Has anyone here heard of this, or been there before? It is next Saturday and for season ticket holders. I am one, so I have tickets, but am wondering if it is as cool as it sounds.....

It stinks. Give me your tickets.

P.S. Did anyone else not get invited?

chisoxgrl
04-29-2007, 07:12 PM
I don't know. I think I got it through my season ticket account. They call it 2nd Annual Grinder Bash event, but I have had seaon tix for 3 years now, I can't believe I missed it last year??

MUsoxfan
04-29-2007, 07:18 PM
I don't know. I think I got it through my season ticket account. They call it 2nd Annual Grinder Bash event, but I have had seaon tix for 3 years now, I can't believe I missed it last year??

It rained, but it was cool up until that point

chisoxgrl
04-29-2007, 07:24 PM
what is it like though? I don't care about rain, do ya get to go on the field?? The dugout? We are away so will they let us watch the game there? I am very inquisitive...

kevingrt
04-29-2007, 07:55 PM
It stinks. Give me your tickets.

P.S. Did anyone else not get invited?

I was invited last year but not this year. I am sad and disappointed.

ws05champs
04-29-2007, 09:40 PM
Last year they let us on the field, in the bullpens, dugouts, visitor's locker room, Scout Seats lounge and gave us all the burgers, chicken, ribs, beer and soft drinks that you could want in the Sports Bar. The Scouts Seats lounge was the best with a memorabilia case that was maybe 25-50 feet long. Going on the field was awesome too altough it will not be allowed this year. This year they will let you on the warning track and we will have access to the Jim Beam Club and the Fundamentals.

To give you an idea how great the experience was for me, the Dali Lama will be in town that day and I'll be at the Grinder Bash instead.

chisoxgrl
04-30-2007, 06:48 AM

I got my tix Saturday...

itsnotrequired
04-30-2007, 06:59 AM
I got my tix Saturday...

Same here.

jenn2080
04-30-2007, 11:40 AM
I got mine Saturday, but I will not be going. My brother will be going instead.

chisoxmike
04-30-2007, 11:49 AM
If I could sell my tickets I would, but since I can't, I'll make it. It's a free lunch.

MCHSoxFan
04-30-2007, 12:46 PM
It is nice we can go in the HP Club!!! I cannot afford those seats, but I am just dying to see what is looks like inside. It really does suck you cannot go on the grass this year. Here is some advice. If anyone wants to play catch on the grass, just go to famiy field day. Take your kid(s) and play catch, as well as other things. Tickets are $10 for kids and $20 for adults (14 and older).

ewokpelts
04-30-2007, 01:01 PM
It is nice we can go in the HP Club!!! I cannot afford those seats, but I am just dying to see what is looks like inside. It really does suck you cannot go on the grass this year. Here is some advice. If anyone wants to play catch on the grass, just go to famiy field day. Take your kid(s) and play catch, as well as other things. Tickets are $10 for kids and $20 for adults (14 and older). must be the TRUE reason why they arent letting people on the field this year

itsnotrequired
04-30-2007, 01:04 PM
must be the TRUE reason why they arent letting people on the field this year

Yes, it "must" be the reason.

The field is new this year, correct? Perhaps Bossard doesn't want a bunch of slack-jawed yokels walking on it this early in the season.

DumpJerry
04-30-2007, 01:06 PM

:rolleyes:

The field is new this year, correct? Perhaps Bossard doesn't want a bunch of slack-jawed yokels walking on it this early in the season.
Closer to the truth.

MCHSoxFan
04-30-2007, 01:17 PM

Actually, they have had Famliy Field Day for a while now and you always had to pay. I think 2005 was the first year. It is in June.

ewokpelts
04-30-2007, 01:32 PM

The field is new this year, correct? Perhaps Bossard doesn't want a bunch of slack-jawed yokels walking on it this early in the season.well, the slack jawed yokels pay bossard's salary with thier season ticket packages. as well as the rest of the staffers. and the on field talent.

ewokpelts
04-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Actually, they have had Famliy Field Day for a while now and you always had to pay. I think 2005 was the first year. It is in June.i know that...

itsnotrequired
04-30-2007, 01:37 PM
well, the slack jawed yokels pay bossard's salary with thier season ticket packages. as well as the rest of the staffers. and the on field talent.

I pay taxes but have yet to take a ride in the space shuttle.

The Sox brass are going to default to Bossard on whether or not the field can handle a bunch of people. It could be a "Sox screw job" but my gut says it has more to do with the field conditions.

ewokpelts
04-30-2007, 01:43 PM

The Sox brass are going to default to Bossard on whether or not the field can handle a bunch of people. It could be a "Sox screw job" but my gut says it has more to do with the field conditions.last year's event was highly controlled when it came to field access. and with this year's strategy of splitting the st holders into two separate events, the field would have less of an impact than last year.
the father's day event(where you PAY to get in) has as many people if not more than what either 07 grinder bash would have. i dont see bossard having a fit over that.

itsnotrequired
04-30-2007, 01:49 PM
last year's event was highly controlled when it came to field access. and with this year's strategy of splitting the st holders into two separate events, the field would have less of an impact than last year.
the father's day event(where you PAY to get in) has as many people if not more than what either 07 grinder bash would have. i dont see bossard having a fit over that.

It was split into multiple groups in 2006 as well. I'd imagine field access would have been restricted in the same way this year (i.e. you are given a time slot).

The issue isn't the amount of people but rather the time of year. Field Day is in the middle of June. Grinder Bash last year was in, what, July? It could very well be that the field is too "fragile" this early in the season to have a bunch of people walking on it.

ewokpelts
04-30-2007, 01:51 PM
It was split into multiple groups in 2006 as well. I'd imagine field access would have been restricted in the same way this year (i.e. you are given a time slot).

The issue isn't the amount of people but rather the time of year. Field Day is in the middle of June. Grinder Bash last year was in, what, July? It could very well be that the field is too "fragile" this early in the season to have a bunch of people walking on it.then why have it in may then??

TomBradley72
04-30-2007, 01:51 PM

:kneeslap: :kneeslap:

itsnotrequired
04-30-2007, 01:54 PM
then why have it in may then??

Beats me. Call the Sox.

DumpJerry
04-30-2007, 02:38 PM

I guess you did not get the voice mail with the schedule. We waited and waited for you and you did not show, so we went up without you. Maybe next year.

then why have it in may then??
To end the whining that much sooner.:rolleyes:

jenn2080
04-30-2007, 02:45 PM
It is nice we can go in the HP Club!!! I cannot afford those seats, but I am just dying to see what is looks like inside. It really does suck you cannot go on the grass this year. Here is some advice. If anyone wants to play catch on the grass, just go to famiy field day. Take your kid(s) and play catch, as well as other things. Tickets are $10 for kids and $20 for adults (14 and older).

When is that?

Jerko
04-30-2007, 03:13 PM
I saw a couple kids get brained with league balls during last year's bash, so maybe instead of saying "no catch playing allowed" it was easier just to cordon off the whole outfield. Not everybody out there playing catch should be playing catch in such a crowded space. Just because you bring a ball and glove doesn't mean you know how to throw/catch.

INSox56
04-30-2007, 03:35 PM
I saw a couple kids get brained with league balls during last year's bash, so maybe instead of saying "no catch playing allowed" it was easier just to cordon off the whole outfield. Not everybody out there playing catch should be playing catch in such a crowded space. Just because you bring a ball and glove doesn't mean you know how to throw/catch.
LOL there should have been a proficiency test beforehand... Iunno, I was out there twice and both times it really wasn't crowded enough to worry about it. It was probably more of the "can't throw or catch to save their lives" instead of being too crowded.

itsnotrequired
04-30-2007, 03:43 PM
LOL there should have been a proficiency test beforehand... Iunno, I was out there twice and both times it really wasn't crowded enough to worry about it. It was probably more of the "can't throw or catch to save their lives" instead of being too crowded.

Let's not forget the goofballs trying to make "rob a HR" catches at the wall. Half those balls went flying into the Bullpen Sports Bar.

comet2k
04-30-2007, 03:51 PM

That sounds like the most logical reason. The fear of liability lawsuits is probably much greater than concern about the grass.

My teenage son is disappointed he won't get to throw a ball around on the field, yet he didn't whine about it. He said it's still pretty close to a fantasy experience. Let's face it, the Sox don't have to do anything like this and until recently didn't. Enjoy it for what it is -- an opportunity to see and do things most fans won't get.

DumpJerry
04-30-2007, 04:20 PM
If people could just read.............

The flyer which comes with the tickets reads:" due to field conditions, guests will not be allowed on the grass."

What is so difficult about understanding that statement?

dcb56
04-30-2007, 04:52 PM

The flyer which comes with the tickets reads:" due to field conditions, guests will not be allowed on the grass."

Nothing, but WSI just wouldn't be the same without all the idle speculation.

Looking forward to the Grinder Bash this weekend. Can't beat the free lunch, access to different areas of the park, and most importantly it'll finally be warm outside (I haven't been to a game besides OD where the temperature has been higher than 50 degrees) when I head to the park.

soxwon
05-01-2007, 04:48 PM
im pissed, i found out about it last night from here.
I called my rep and he said email invites were sent out on the 16th, i was frickin on vacation then, and didnt open all my emails until the 24th
somehow i missed the sox one.
Now its too late, damn im pissed.

ewokpelts
05-01-2007, 04:49 PM
I called my rep and he said email invites were sent out on the 16th, i was frickin on vacation then, and didnt open all my emails until the 24th
Now its too late, damn im pissed.i'd email brooks

soxwon
05-01-2007, 04:53 PM
i'd email brooks

i was on vacation, hey thats not the sox fault.
but i dont recall getting an invite.
mr brooks is too busy for me to bother him.

ewokpelts
05-02-2007, 01:04 AM
i was on vacation, hey thats not the sox fault.
but i dont recall getting an invite.
mr brooks is too busy for me to bother him.you'd be suprised how helpful they are....

OzzieBall2004
05-02-2007, 01:07 AM
Now its too late, damn im pissed.

Definitely call your rep. They'll help you out - why would they upset a season ticket holder if they don't have to?

BanditJimmy
05-02-2007, 01:11 AM
I'm excited about the Bash.

Will be the first time I go to the Cell this year and the Sox will not lose a game. I am 0-5 so far this season.

BoysMom3
05-02-2007, 11:00 AM
I'm so excited - my husband just called and said someone dropped off 2 tickets for tomorrow for us! But now I'm worried because somebody on here said the tix are not transferrable. I was a chaperone last summer for high school band camp, and when one of the dads stopped by to get his daughter for a dental appt., he saw me in my Sox shirt, listening to the game on my XM. We got to talking about the Sox. I told him our family is a big Sox family, and he said theirs is too - they're season ticket holders. He told me if something came up where they couldn't use their tix, he'd keep me in mind. So when my husband called and excitedly told me what happened but didn't know who it was from, I knew right away! It's the band parent that I met last summer! Awesome, but if someone has any info about someone being able or not able to use someone else's tix, I'd appreciate it before we get up and leave at about 6 a.m. tomorrow!

chisoxmike
05-02-2007, 11:09 AM
I hope there will be a lot of grinding done by the fans. This team needs more grinding.

:moonwalk: :moonwalk: :moonwalk:

BoysMom3
05-02-2007, 11:21 AM
Sorry, I meant to say the tix are for Sat. - I'm getting ahead of myself in my excitement. :D:

skobabe8
05-02-2007, 11:49 AM
I just talked to my rep and he said that I am set up for the August Grinder Bash (3rd and 4th). Alot of you who didnt get invites are probably set up for that one as well.

It's Dankerific
05-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Last year, I couldnt use my tickets. I called the sox reservation number and told them i wanted to give them to a friend. They were ok with that.. soo, unless things have changed....

I think the "non-transferable" probably really means "not-resaleable"

Jerko
05-02-2007, 11:57 AM
I think the "non-transferable" probably really means "not-resaleable"

I think that's what it means as well. I gave one of my tickets to a friend last year and he got in no prob and I plan on doing it again this year. They're not gonna check for your account number at the door. If you have a ticket, you'll get in.

itsnotrequired
05-02-2007, 01:19 PM
I just talked to my rep and he said that I am set up for the August Grinder Bash (3rd and 4th). Alot of you who didnt get invites are probably set up for that one as well.

So I take it the August 4th wedding date is now gone?

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/fan_forum/fantasy_experience.jsp?loc=wedding

ws05champs
05-02-2007, 07:23 PM
if someone has any info about someone being able or not able to use someone else's tix, I'd appreciate it before we get up and leave at about 6 a.m. tomorrow!

Last year they did nothing to confirm that the person holding the tickets was the person who was the actual season ticket holder. I can't see how they could possibly do it this year either.

chisoxfanatic
05-02-2007, 07:44 PM

Yep, that's exactly what my ticket rep said as well when I emailed him. I was shocked that I heard back from him on the same day I sent that email! Eureka!

DumpJerry
05-02-2007, 07:49 PM
Last year they did nothing to confirm that the person holding the tickets was the person who was the actual season ticket holder. I can't see how they could possibly do it this year either.
Really? Last year I had to submit a blood, hair and skin sample with my order which was DNA matched by samples provided when I arrived at the park.

Maybe it was just me they don't trust.......

skobabe8
05-02-2007, 08:36 PM
So I take it the August 4th wedding date is now gone?

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/fan_forum/fantasy_experience.jsp?loc=wedding

I'm gonna have to delete this post somehow...

Cant let Converted see it...

BoysMom3
05-03-2007, 12:32 AM
Thanks everyone, phew, now I can relax. Can't wait until Sat.!! Anyone else have the 10 a.m. time?

DumpJerry
05-03-2007, 07:34 AM
Thanks everyone, phew, now I can relax. Can't wait until Sat.!! Anyone else have the 10 a.m. time?
Too early for me! I'm 3-6.

ws05champs
05-03-2007, 05:36 PM

I've got 10 a.m. too. Kinda early to start drinking beer but if the Sox don't start playing better, maybe I'll just continue through nonstop from Friday night's game.

itsnotrequired
05-04-2007, 07:34 AM

FWIW, I got this in an e-mail from my rep:

Unfortunately, we cannot offer access to the field this year at the Bash. Last year, portions of the outfield grass were
trampled during the Bash, and Roger Bossard was not very pleased.

Take it for what it's worth...

puckereduppiet
05-04-2007, 12:30 PM
BOOOO bossard. I was at the bash last year. I think going onto the field is the best part!

ibugrads
05-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Does anyone have an extra ticket. Grandpa would like to take his grandson to the bash tonight.

DaBears
05-04-2007, 05:17 PM
If anyone goes today and has a review of the event, please post!!!:D: I am so pumped to go tomorrow!

ChiSox524
05-04-2007, 08:19 PM
If anyone goes today and has a review of the event, please post!!!:D: I am so pumped to go tomorrow!

It was really fun! The world series trophey was on the fan deck (had to be moved about half way in to it, because they thought there might be rain) and they had a world series ring you could put on while they took the picture. The Jim Beam club was also cool to see. They also didn't do the wrist band thing for the field, so you could go on and off as you please. Also bring your own camera, because for the 15 minutes I was in the gift shop, I saw about 4-5 people pay $15 for one. Overall, it was a really great time.

whitesoxwilkes
05-05-2007, 08:04 AM
Do they have any garage-sale type action at the Grinder Bash? That would be the only real reason I would go.

itsnotrequired
05-05-2007, 08:25 AM
You just need the tickets, correct? I remember last year when you had to bring the invitation as well.

Anyone?

champagne030
05-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Do they have any garage-sale type action at the Grinder Bash? That would be the only real reason I would go.

No, they did not.

You just need the tickets, correct? I remember last year when you had to bring the invitation as well.

Anyone?

No need for the invitation. We had two groups picking up tickets at will-call (under one name) and neither one needed to show an ID to get them.

DumpJerry
05-05-2007, 09:37 AM
You quit enjoying free food and beer?

itsnotrequired
05-05-2007, 10:03 AM

Maybe the commute to the ballpark is a chore for him.

:redneck

whitesoxwilkes
05-05-2007, 10:36 AM

LOL. I actually had a tooth yanked yesterday, so I don't think the Bertucci Brothers spread would have much I can eat. (Yeah, I know they have potato and macaroni salad but I want meat damnit)

And I like beer. But at 10 am with the pregnant wife in tow I don't know how much I can guzzle.

BoysMom3
05-05-2007, 12:27 PM
We ended up not going after all because my husband met his brother at their parents house. His dad hasn't been in the best of health. But we know of another Sox fan family. The two brothers will go, and they are so excited, which makes me happy! I hope all of you going will have a great time!

DumpJerry
05-05-2007, 12:33 PM
LOL. I actually had a tooth yanked yesterday, so I don't think the Bertucci Brothers spread would have much I can eat. (Yeah, I know they have potato and macaroni salad but I want meat damnit)

And I like beer. But at 10 am with the pregnant wife in tow I don't know how much I can guzzle.
Wow. Getting a tooth pulled while the Sox are in a horrendous hitless losing streak. Your tolerance for pain may become legendary!

itsnotrequired
05-05-2007, 12:40 PM
But at 10 am with the pregnant wife in tow I don't know how much I can guzzle.

These are excuses, not reasons.

:redneck

dcb56
05-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Just got back from the Bash and it was great, much more low key than last season. Because there were fewer people, it was much easier to get around and you could pretty much come and go as you please, there were no bracelets to get on the warning track, lines for food were short, the gift shops weren't crowded, there was no line for the visitor's clubhouse, and even the line for the trophies (WS and AL Pennant) was manageable. They had it set up in the fan deck so when you get your picture taken you get the backdrop of the infield, and they also had a WS ring you could wear for the pic. Most definitely a nice day all around.

ws05champs
05-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Had the 10:00 am shift and it was a great time. The Jim Beam seats were awesome! Only about $20,000 per season for a seat. All I need to do is win the lottery. Walked into the Scout Seats lounge and Bill Melton was standing there. Just came up to him said, "Hi Bill" and shook his hand like I've known him forever. Got Kitty's autograph. The memorabilia case in the Scout Seats lounge is fantastic. They seem to have some new stuff in there since last year. Food was good, crowds were down and my wife and I got our pictures taken with the ring. We also picked up a replica banner the city had commemorating the World Series.

VenturaFan23
05-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Just got back from the 3pm slot. I agree that the scouts lounge and the press conference room was the best of the locations. I want that bench made out of bats and bases! They had the game on the scoreboard and everywhere there were TV's so that was good too.

itsnotrequired
05-05-2007, 06:09 PM
My son got to visit fundamentals for the first time today.
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/903/dsc02684gk1.jpg

Look at that form! Stepping into the throw, arm across the body...not bad for a 20-month old!

:cool:

Jurr
05-05-2007, 06:13 PM

Hogwash. Chew on the opposite side and rinse after eating. However, beer with the Lortab you probably received wouldn't be a great idea.

BoysMom3
05-05-2007, 06:13 PM

Look at that form! Stepping into the throw, arm across the body...not bad for a 20-month old!

Awwww! Precious!

whitesoxwilkes
05-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Hogwash. Chew on the opposite side and rinse after eating. However, beer with the Lortab you probably received wouldn't be a great idea.

It's actually Vicodin. Don't really need any now, so I'll save it for a rainy day.

Note: I do not condone abuse of prescription painkillers.

WS in 05
05-05-2007, 06:37 PM

Saw you and your wife was going to introduce myself but seemed like you guys were having too much fun for some stranger to come outta nowhere

DumpJerry
05-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Saw you and your wife was going to introduce myself but seemed like you guys were having too much fun for some stranger to come outta nowhere
They weren't.

It was good meeting you, by the way.

ilsox7
05-05-2007, 10:30 PM

Make him start throwing left-handed immediately.

itsnotrequired
05-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Make him start throwing left-handed immediately.

I keep trying but it isn't working out very well.

ilsox7
05-05-2007, 10:35 PM
I keep trying but it isn't working out very well.

He doesn't have to do it well to get a MLB job. :cool:

ewokpelts
05-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Make him start throwing left-handed immediately.i heard jim hendry's already offered 75 million