PDA

View Full Version : DJ on Fox?

thomas35forever
04-28-2007, 04:07 PM
Is DJ covering the Cubs-Cards game? If so, sounds like he won't be at our game tonight.

4th Gen. Sox Fan
04-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Is DJ covering the Cubs-Cards game? If so, sounds like he won't be at our game tonight.
No, I believe it's Joe Girardi

DoItForDanPasqua
04-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Girardi is awful because he sounds like DJ, and DJ is awful because he sounds like DJ.

chitownhawkfan
04-29-2007, 03:41 AM
Girardi is awful because he sounds like DJ, and DJ is awful because he sounds like DJ.
:rolling:

Without DJ who is going to ask Hawk such innane questions as "who was the best left handed seventh hitter back in the day blah blah blah blah blah?"

dcb56
04-29-2007, 05:22 AM

DJ isn't half bad when he has to waste away with Homer.... er I mean Hawk Harrelson in the booth. Hawk is holding DJ back.

BanditJimmy
05-05-2007, 01:08 AM
DJ isn't half bad when he has to waste away with Homer.... er I mean Hawk Harrelson in the booth. Hawk is holding DJ back.

DJ and Black Jack was music to my ear.

Nellie_Fox
05-05-2007, 01:14 AM
DJ and Black Jack was music to my ear.So you enjoy hearing about McDowell's wife's baby clothes business all evening?

FireMariotti
05-05-2007, 04:01 AM
So you enjoy hearing about McDowell's wife's baby clothes business all evening?

If having Black Jack in the booth means that we have to hear about baby clothes for half an inning a game, i'll take it.

I'll take it over hearing about:

- Each and every opposing player being "one of the best Hawk has ever seen"
- Another story about Yaz
- Countless stories about Hawk's spectacular golf game
- The great insight DJ offers about the Japan league
- The "funk" we seem to be in every ****ing game
- Dead air. And lately, there seems to be a lot of it.

I'll even admit that I am a fan of the Hawk/DJ team. It sure beats listening to a national broadcast. But when we are struggling like we have been lately, they get annoying.

dcb56
05-05-2007, 05:07 AM
So you enjoy hearing about McDowell's wife's baby clothes business all evening?

It beats listening to Homer "Excuse Machine" Harrelson most of the time...

Dadgummit! He just missed it! In my 315 years of professional baseball, I've never seen as many near misses as I've seen this year!

SkeetSkeetAmit
05-06-2007, 08:07 PM
DJ did a great job last year during the Cubs/White SOX game on fox. He was objective, knew about both teams, and sounded great doing it.