PDA

View Full Version : What's the Latest on Jerry Owens?

TomBradley72
04-28-2007, 02:32 PM
Anyone have any additional perspective on Owens? How is he currently viewed as a prospect? He's hitting .271, and 10/12 in SBs at AAA...not sure if the WSox considered bringing him up with Pods down.

jabrch
04-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Anyone have any additional perspective on Owens? How is he currently viewed as a prospect? He's hitting .271, and 10/12 in SBs at AAA...not sure if the WSox considered bringing him up with Pods down.

Just as a frame of reference, Chris Young is a .267 career minor leaguer who is hitting .203 right now in the majors.

Yeah - KW really screwed that up getting Javy Vazquez and cash for Young...

EMachine10
04-28-2007, 08:05 PM
I do agree with you. I'm not really sure why everyone is still considering that a terrible trade.

TomBradley72
04-29-2007, 02:49 AM
Just as a frame of reference, Chris Young is a .267 career minor leaguer who is hitting .203 right now in the majors.

Yeah - KW really screwed that up getting Javy Vazquez and cash for Young...

What does this have to do with Jerry Owens? :?:

rdivaldi
04-29-2007, 02:49 PM
I do agree with you. I'm not really sure why everyone is still considering that a terrible trade.

Waaaaaaaaay too early to judge this one guys. Chris Young is the most talented outfielder to come through the Sox minor league system since Cameron back in the late 90's. He has the potential to go 30/30 and play gold glove defense. I'd give it some time before claiming an edge.

IndianWhiteSox
04-30-2007, 07:20 AM
Waaaaaaaaay too early to judge this one guys. Chris Young is the most talented outfielder to come through the Sox minor league system since Cameron back in the late 90's. He has the potential to go 30/30 and play gold glove defense. I'd give it some time before claiming an edge.

Still don't know when Cameron has gone 30/30 in a season, but anyway as of now the Sox got the best of that trade.

:cool:

DSpivack
04-30-2007, 11:58 AM
The Bears could use him at WR.

EMachine10
04-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Yeah, i wasn't denouncing his talent, or anything, but everyone was calling this trade terrible when it hasn't been long enough to evaluate it. That's all. He'll be solid. Anyway, I think this guy is getting tired of hearing about Chris Young.....Jerry Owens.....Try looking at milb.com for the game box scores and such...if I remember correctly, he's been adequate. nothing special thus far.

TomBradley72
04-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Yeah, i wasn't denouncing his talent, or anything, but everyone was calling this trade terrible when it hasn't been long enough to evaluate it. That's all. He'll be solid. Anyway, I think this guy is getting tired of hearing about Chris Young.....Jerry Owens.....Try looking at milb.com for the game box scores and such...if I remember correctly, he's been adequate. nothing special thus far.

Yeah...stats are OK...nothing special...