PDA

View Full Version : Thome Updates?

jabrch
04-28-2007, 08:41 AM
Hawk and DJ sounded pretty pessimistic based on yesterday. I hope Jim doesn't have to spend 2 weeks on the shelf.

Mickster
04-28-2007, 08:57 AM
According to a Thome clip played this morning on the radio, it sounds like this injury is a hip flexor and completely not related to what happened earlier in the week. Makes since since he was kind of limping off the field after that first swing yesterday. Thome said he would be re-evaluated this morning.

DickAllen72
04-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Thome is always tweaking something with that vicious swing of his. It will become even more frequent as he gets older.

KW needs to get a competent bat in here to back him up and help out in the outfield as well.

cbotnyse
04-28-2007, 11:34 AM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070427&content_id=1933703&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

DL likely. :(:

jabrch
04-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Thome is always tweaking something with that vicious swing of his. It will become even more frequent as he gets older.

KW needs to get a competent bat in here to back him up and help out in the outfield as well.

Where's Eduardo Perez right now?

JermaineDye05
04-28-2007, 11:43 AM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070427&content_id=1933703&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

DL likely. :(:

I don't listen too much to the tribune, I'm going to wait until Herm Schneider/Kenny/Oz releases a statement.

04-28-2007, 11:43 AM

Where is Josh Fields? I feel like he has disappeared from all White Sox top prospect discussions since Spring started. Is he hurt or something?

WhiteSox5187
04-28-2007, 12:23 PM
Singleton was talking about the injury last night and said it's an injury that hurts like hell for about a week but then you can come back without any lingering effects. I read that Thome will be put on the DL but if Singleton is right he oughta be back to form in about two weeks.

sox1970
04-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Where is Josh Fields? I feel like he has disappeared from all White Sox top prospect discussions since Spring started. Is he hurt or something?

No, he's fine and playing. Starting off slow, but has a couple good games this week. Try out minorleaguebaseball.com once a week.

jabrch
04-28-2007, 02:34 PM
No, he's fine and playing. Starting off slow, but has a couple good games this week. Try out minorleaguebaseball.com once a week.

Or try here...
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=30&f=17

cbotnyse
04-28-2007, 02:38 PM
I don't listen too much to the tribune, I'm going to wait until Herm Schneider/Kenny/Oz releases a statement.tribune? that was a reporter from MLB.com who wrote that.

Frontman
04-28-2007, 10:25 PM
What about that kid who was built like a truck? He was a first baseman, built similar to Thome, but was a decent base stealer? For the life of me, I can't remember his name or if he made any of the minor league rosters.

Lorenzo Barcelo
04-28-2007, 10:30 PM
What about that kid who was built like a truck? He was a first baseman, built similar to Thome, but was a decent base stealer? For the life of me, I can't remember his name or if he made any of the minor league rosters.

You probably mean Casey Rogoski...not much of an option.

Frontman
04-28-2007, 10:36 PM
You probably mean Casey Rogoski...not much of an option.

I think that was it. Like I said, I liked what I saw in the one or two spring training games, but obviously; that's spring training. If he isn't doing good now, odds are moving him up to the MLB roster wouldn't do us any good.

Thanks for figuring out the Frontman's logic of never remembering names.

y2j2785
04-28-2007, 10:38 PM
over at Rotoworld.com it said Thome is on 15-day DL and that we called up Ryan Sweeney

Lorenzo Barcelo
04-28-2007, 10:52 PM
I think that was it. Like I said, I liked what I saw in the one or two spring training games, but obviously; that's spring training. If he isn't doing good now, odds are moving him up to the MLB roster wouldn't do us any good.

Thanks for figuring out the Frontman's logic of never remembering names.

You would expect a power hitter with the build Rogo has but it has never developed.

DrCrawdad
04-28-2007, 10:56 PM

Rogowski was just moved off the 40 man roster. He's not hitting much so far this season. IIRC Casey has hit pretty well in his career so maybe he'll start hitting again.

Hitmen77
05-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Ok, Thome's been on the DL for 8 days (feels like 8 weeks:(:) now. Anyone hear anything about whether he'll be ready to be activated in 7 days? I haven't heard a word about his recovery since he went on the DL.

Lip Man 1
05-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Hitmen:

Story at White Sox.com says he'll be ready to go when he gets off the DL. Ozzie said he'd like him to go to Charlotte and get some game action in first. Although he says he hasn't talked that over with Kenny.

Lip

Frontman
05-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Hitmen:

Story at White Sox.com says he'll be ready to go when he gets off the DL. Ozzie said he'd like him to go to Charlotte and get some game action in first. Although he says he hasn't talked that over with Kenny.

Lip

I'd have to agree with Ozzie on that one. Get one or two games in Charlotte, make sure those muscles have healed, then good to go.