PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* Wasn't Pretty But It'll Do 4/27 Angels Postgame Thread

cheeses_h_rice
04-27-2007, 10:07 PM
Lots of weird plays, but clutch D from the Sox when it counted, and decent pitching all around.

:gulp:

StepsInSC
04-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Hooray.

Despite the uni, this amazing picture of Aardsma (http://images.protrade.com//headshots/100_120/50310905_100_120.jpg) needs to be made a tag. His eyes are hypnotizing...

mark2olson
Uribe made some nice plays and bailed Sisco out with a ball that could have very well ended up in CF.

oeo
Lots of weird plays, but clutch D from the Sox when it counted, and decent pitching all around.

I didn't think the game was ugly...we've seen uglier ones in the last week. :dunno:

Ziggy S
04-27-2007, 10:09 PM
It was good to see the bullpen get out of a few jams.

Also, WELCOME BACK Jermaine Dye, Dye, Dye, Dye

TheOldRoman
04-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Hopefully Jim is ok.:(:

Good win, Contreras was great - 1 inning. Offense scored early and then got insurance. Couldn't ask for more.

cheeses_h_rice
04-27-2007, 10:10 PM
I didn't think the game was ugly...we've seen uglier ones in the last week. :dunno:

I guess what I was saying is that this game could easily have gone the other way, but the Angels had way too many GIDPs, and Sisco's throws to Uribe and Konerko didn't get past them.

Nice to see some insurance runs late in the game, though, which made Aardsma's 9th a lot less heart attack inducing than it otherwise might've been.

Ziggy S
04-27-2007, 10:11 PM
One more point, did I step into the Twilight Zone? Uribe with two BB's in ONE GAME is not something we mostly see during one week.

PicktoCLick72
04-27-2007, 10:12 PM
Didn't see the game but I will take it. Let's get JG a win.

kevingrt
04-27-2007, 10:13 PM
Beautiful win all around. Even the grinder played awesome.

voodoochile
04-27-2007, 10:13 PM
Another nice win against another quality opponent.

At some point we do stop playing playoff contenders, right?

markopat
04-27-2007, 10:15 PM
GREAT Win! I so love winning on the left coast...it is so choice!

Scottiehaswheels
04-27-2007, 10:16 PM
GREAT Win! I so love winning on the left coast...it is so choice!uh... this game was at home?

voodoochile
04-27-2007, 10:17 PM
GREAT Win! I so love winning on the left coast...it is so choice!

Wasn't that game in Chicago? I saw an awful lot of fireworks...:D:

HotelWhiteSox
04-27-2007, 10:18 PM
Great Chicago sports night

JB98
04-27-2007, 10:20 PM
Only negative: Thome having to leave the game.

Good pitching, and the hitting came around as the game progressed. They kept adding on, not sitting on the lead.

kingpin_rcs
04-27-2007, 10:36 PM
One more point, did I step into the Twilight Zone? Uribe with two BB's in ONE GAME is not something we mostly see during one week.

Uribe drew 14 walks all of last year, this year he has eight already. He must have new contacts or something.

sox1970
04-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Great Chicago sports night

It could have been better if the Cardinals won.

voodoochile
04-27-2007, 10:40 PM

Not really...

cbotnyse
04-27-2007, 10:50 PM
Great Chicago sports nightyes it was...both teams started out slow but pulled out the wins.

slobes
04-27-2007, 10:52 PM
A win's a win, I'll take it. Glad to see us put up a buncha runs.

cbotnyse
04-27-2007, 10:52 PM
It could have been better if the Cardinals won.didnt even know the cubs were playing tonight.

sox1970
04-27-2007, 10:55 PM
didnt even know the cubs were playing tonight.

I know. I was just kidding around when the person said it was a good sports night. The other Chicago team means nothing to me other than 6 games a year. That all died on 10/26/05.

cbotnyse
04-27-2007, 10:58 PM
I know. I was just kidding around when the person said it was a good sports night. The other Chicago team means nothing to me other than 6 games a year. That all died on 10/26/05.indeed.

BanditJimmy
04-27-2007, 11:01 PM
I love the fact that the offense is putting up runs late in games the last two weeks. Runs scored in the 7-8-9 inning are the ones that make you a good team.

Big key for the rest of the series is that G Anderson got hurt tonight and might no play the rest of the series. Makes a pretty weak line-up much more weaker.

JB98
04-27-2007, 11:06 PM
didnt even know the cubs were playing tonight.

Who?

gobears1987
04-27-2007, 11:28 PM
Another nice win against another quality opponent.

Unfortunately we play in the AL, so almost every game is against a contender unless we are playing KC or TB.

BanditJimmy
04-27-2007, 11:41 PM
Unfortunately we play in the AL, so almost every game is against a contender unless we are playing KC or TB.

KC, Bal, TB, SEA, TX are the only teams I can think of that not winning a series against them would be considered a dissapointment.

DoItForDanPasqua
04-27-2007, 11:45 PM
KC, Bal, TB, SEA, TX are the only teams I can think of that not winning a series against them would be considered a dissapointment.

April 27 fact: All those teams, save for KC, have a better record than the Yanks.

BanditJimmy
04-27-2007, 11:52 PM
April 27 fact: All those teams, save for KC, have a better record than the Yanks.

And no one is complaining xcp for Bristol.

:D:

If the Yankees do not beat out all of those teams by the end of the year, Steinbrener will fold that team.

Brian26
04-27-2007, 11:57 PM
Uribe made some nice plays and bailed Sisco out with a ball that could have very well ended up in CF.

Uribe's defense tonight was again stellar. If he can continue to put up decent offensive numbers, he'll be a huge key to the success of this team.

skobabe8
04-27-2007, 11:58 PM
go team!

Brian26
04-28-2007, 12:00 AM

No. Remember, this is the American League. :D:

BanditJimmy
04-28-2007, 12:07 AM
Uribe's defense tonight was again stellar. If he can continue to put up decent offensive numbers, he'll be a huge key to the success of this team.

I think if Uribe hits this year at or near the .260 clip, the Sox can afford to plug in an experiment like Anderson or Sweeney in the OF hitting ninth. What killed us last year was Uribe, Anderson, & Pods in that order and not hitting.

Anderson or Sweeney sandwiched by Uribe and Erstad might be ok for this team. And the OF defense will be so much better IMO.

lumpyspun
04-28-2007, 12:15 AM
We've quietly won 7 of 9, pretty good little clip they have put together.

Vernam
04-28-2007, 12:18 AM
That play where Sisco leaped unnecessarily and made a horrendous toss to second could have hurt us a lot. Sidearm pitchers sometimes have trouble throwing to bases, though it's no excuse. That was an amazing pick by Uribe.

Nice to see Thornton have an easy outing. And Aardsma let Ozzie save Jenks for tomorrow, which is as it should be.

Ozzie has been rough on guys (Pods, Uribe) who came back too early from injuries, so it will be interesting to see how he reacts to Thome's setback. I predict OG won't criticize him. :cool:

A scoreless first inning by Contreras! :bandance:

Vernam

Whitesox029
04-28-2007, 12:45 AM

Actually I thought it was a pretty nice game. Two-out hits are a beautiful, beautiful thing, and we saw our share of those.
Also, it was my first game of the '07 season, so cheers to being 1-0!
I was there with U of I White Sox Nation. We had our sign up and got put on the jumbotron. Anyone see us?

StillMissOzzie
04-28-2007, 12:56 AM

Not really...
Are you disavowing one of the official WSI mottos...
"Sox win! Cubs lose. A perfect day!" - as shown on official WSI gear?
Shame on you!

That play where Sisco leaped unnecessarily and made a horrendous toss to second could have hurt us a lot. Sidearm pitchers sometimes have trouble throwing to bases, though it's no excuse. That was an amazing pick by Uribe.

There were a couple of horrible throws from the bump to 2B tonight, so I am glad the LAAACA didn't make the Sox pay for them. And I love 2 out rallies, especially in the late innings. They are good spirit-robbing backbreakers.

SMO

Berkules
04-28-2007, 01:02 AM
absolutely sorry for posting anything.

im so happy we didnt let jose down.

cbone
04-28-2007, 06:29 AM
absolutely sorry for posting anything.

im so happy we didnt let jose down.

You have to admire your candor in the resaon for editing your post.

Go Sox great win! Beautiful day/night for a game tonight. Place should be electric tonight!!! :gulp: :bandance:

Risk
04-28-2007, 08:20 AM
Good all around win with the exception of Thome reaggravating his injury. Hopefully it's nothing too serious.

Risk

puckereduppiet
04-28-2007, 08:37 AM
good win. now win for JG:supernana:

itsnotrequired
04-28-2007, 09:19 AM
First game for our daughter last night. She's a touch under four months old. Went relatively smooth.

I say relatively smooth because about 15 minutes before we were going to head into the park, we got a call from our alarm company stating that our front door alarm was activated. I told them to send the cops. So now we are debating if we even want to go to the game. We called a couple neighbors but there was no answer. We called the security company back 15 minutes later for an update. They said we needed to call the police for an update. So we call the police and they say we need to call the security company (:rolleyes:). They connected me with our district's office and they said call back in an hour. Huh? The call went in 45 minutes earlier. It takes two hours for an officer to get to our house?:?:

We finally got in touch with a neighbor and she checked out our house (she also said a cop car just pulled away). Doors locked, no windows broken. Our son was too pumped not to go to the game so we decided to head in.

I went in the house first when we got home and found a bunch of lights on but nothing else. As best we can figure, my wife left the front door somewhat ajar and unlocked. Our guess is the wind blew it open, the cop stopped by, turned on some lights and locked the door behind him.

Whew! Both kids were fabulous at the game so all told, the night worked out just fine.

Does this count as a thread hijack?:D:

Chips
04-28-2007, 09:38 AM
First game for our daughter last night. She's a touch under four months old. Went relatively smooth.

I say relatively smooth because about 15 minutes before we were going to head into the park, we got a call from our alarm company stating that our front door alarm was activated. I told them to send the cops. So now we are debating if we even want to go to the game. We called a couple neighbors but there was no answer. We called the security company back 15 minutes later for an update. They said we needed to call the police for an update. So we call the police and they say we need to call the security company (:rolleyes:). They connected me with our district's office and they said call back in an hour. Huh? The call went in 45 minutes earlier. It takes two hours for an officer to get to our house?:?:

We finally got in touch with a neighbor and she checked out our house (she also said a cop car just pulled away). Doors locked, no windows broken. Our son was too pumped not to go to the game so we decided to head in.

I went in the house first when we got home and found a bunch of lights on but nothing else. As best we can figure, my wife left the front door somewhat ajar and unlocked. Our guess is the wind blew it open, the cop stopped by, turned on some lights and locked the door behind him.

Whew! Both kids were fabulous at the game so all told, the night worked out just fine.

Sig update time...

:smile:

ilsox7
04-28-2007, 11:11 PM

Rock on, Miller. Glad everything is OK. It was nice meeting your wife, who is a Saint and the two lovely children.