PDA

View Full Version : Former Mets Employee Busted For Distributing Steroids

Madvora
04-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Nobody named yet.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/04/27/steroid.bust/index.html?cnn=yes

HotelWhiteSox
04-27-2007, 05:59 PM
Ooo this could get big. But still, I won't care about a player differently if named, it sounds more like that to be on the level playing field, you have to be on something. Not shocking at all when you think about how an athlete looks for every little advantage, and how some people would do some crazy stuff just for one million bucks, this is for a lot more, if they want to trade away what comes with the symptoms and all that, then it's up to them.

voodoochile
04-27-2007, 06:03 PM
MLB is seriously screwed. Eventually Congress is going to have to get serious about these allegations.

I mean where there is smoke there is fire, but right now it's looking more and more like there are flames shooting out of the windows...

IndianWhiteSox
04-28-2007, 08:45 AM
Would this mean that '86 was a fraud for them?

:o:

twentywontowin
04-28-2007, 09:20 AM
MLB is seriously screwed. Eventually Congress is going to have to get serious about these allegations.

I mean where there is smoke there is fire, but right now it's looking more and more like there are flames shooting out of the windows...

The key for them is how long can they turn their back for until the house finally collapses?

Fenway
04-28-2007, 09:36 AM
Some more info in the NY Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_file/2007/04/28/2007-04-28_a_new_drug_stink_hits_baseball-2.html

PaleHoseGeorge
04-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Anybody who thought this MLB scandal only involved BALCO (and there were several here) clearly had their head buried in the sand. Here's predicting at least two more distribution rings are uncovered in the next 12 months.

So far nobody in Chicago has been implicated, even though it was home to one of the most obvious juicers in the entire game. I guess the Tribune just never got around to investigating the story.

:nandrolone:
"Hell, the Chicago media practically invented the 'Flintstones vitamins' bit for me. Did you expect serious journalism from these same hacks, too?"

CLR01
04-28-2007, 01:37 PM
But why aren't they investigating the NFL? They have the real problem.........