PDA

View Full Version : Curt Schilling Slams Mariotti, Among Others

infohawk
04-27-2007, 03:58 PM
The following is on Curt's blog (http://38pitches.com/2007/04/27/ignorance-has-its-privileges/):Take Gary Thorne, John, Jack Joe or whatever his first name is, Heyman, Karen Vescey, Woody Paige, CHB, Jay Marriotti, Bill Plaschke, and a host of other people that litter the media landscape, and put them all on an island somewhere.

Does anyone stop reading their newspapers? Watching the shows they appear on? The answer to that is no. Instead of using the forums they participate in to do something truly different, change lives, inspire people, you have an entire subset of media whose sole purpose in life is to actually be the news, instead of report it. They have little to no talent at what they do and other than a mastery of the English language their skill sets are non-existent.

Watching Woody Paige or the plastered made up face of Jay Marriotti spew absolutely nothing of merit on sports, day after day, makes it easy to understand how Gary Thorne could say something as stupid, ignorant, and uninformed as he did the other night.
Looks like Curt doesn't care much for the windsock either! And he's spot on about some of these guys wanting to be the news.

kjhanson
04-27-2007, 04:09 PM
That was pretty refreshing. I don't particularly care for Curt Schilling, but I respect him a lot more than the buffoons he spoke about.

In this day in age, sports media personalities have a personal agenda, and not much more. The two most obvious examples are at ESPN (Woody Paige and Skip Clueless). The next time either of these guys add something useful to a sports discussion will be the first time. Their one-man-show antics are tiring and uninspiring.

AZChiSoxFan
04-27-2007, 04:20 PM
That was pretty refreshing. I don't particularly care for Curt Schilling, but I respect him a lot more than the buffoons he spoke about.

In this day in age, sports media personalities have a personal agenda, and not much more. The two most obvious examples are at ESPN (Woody Paige and Skip Clueless). The next time either of these guys add something useful to a sports discussion will be the first time. Their one-man-show antics are tiring and uninspiring.

Woody Paige, Mariotti AND Schilling are in the same boat IMO: all in the category of pond scum.

The Immigrant
04-27-2007, 05:07 PM
Bloviating pot, meet bloviating kettle.

ewokpelts
04-27-2007, 05:53 PM
i'd have more respect for curt's blog if he actually used an mlblogs template like 99% of the rest of players/executives/team staff that have blogs. y'know curt, it's only 4.95 a month. I wonder how much your paying for your own site.

lumpyspun
04-27-2007, 06:34 PM
I love how a professional baseball player is critiquing the way other people earn a living.

MarySwiss
04-27-2007, 08:12 PM
I love how a professional baseball player is critiquing the way other people earn a living.

Ya know what? So what? Anytime anyone wants to call out these media clowns, that works for me.

MetroPD
04-28-2007, 12:23 AM
Ya know what? So what? Anytime anyone wants to call out these media clowns, that works for me.
+1. Some media idiots make their names by slamming teams or players, like Mariotti. Its time that some of them slam them back.

The Critic
04-28-2007, 07:43 AM
While I agree with Curt in this instance, I'd give his opinion more credence if he didn't round up the exact same media to hold a circus for him whenever it suited his purposes.
Curt's a blowhard.

UserNameBlank
04-28-2007, 08:38 AM
While I agree with Curt in this instance, I'd give his opinion more credence if he didn't round up the exact same media to hold a circus for him whenever it suited his purposes.
Curt's a blowhard.
If +1 means you agree, I'll give this a +50. Curt digs it out.

skobabe8
04-28-2007, 11:00 AM
Curt is a blowhhard, but I really like what he said. At least he gets some deserved media attention. The guys had a great career and pitched in some big time games. He's a media whore, no doubt. But at least he has a skill where he deserves to be on TV. Unlike anyone on Around The Horn or any other dumb newspaper show.