PDA

View Full Version : Latest Sports Illustrated issue

sox102
04-27-2007, 04:36 PM
I'm probably going to get a lot of "who cares about the national media", but did anybody else get annoyed about the missing story on Mark Buehrle's no-hitter? I've already sent them an email about them missing a major sports story. I also threw in there that they absolutely won't forget about the Red Sox hitting 4 consecutive homers or the "amazing" A-Rod with a full story about his "unbelievable" April.
Just had to vent a bit!

voodoochile
04-27-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm probably going to get a lot of "who cares about the national media", but did anybody else get annoyed about the missing story on Mark Buehrle's no-hitter? I've already sent them an email about them missing a major sports story. I also threw in there that they absolutely won't forget about the Red Sox hitting 4 consecutive homers or the "amazing" A-Rod with a full story about his "unbelievable" April.
Just had to vent a bit!

It may have ended too late for them to get one done. They go to press on Thursday.

sox102
04-27-2007, 04:40 PM
It may have ended too late for them to get one done. They go to press on Thursday.
Yes if the no-hitter was THIS week. The latest issue has the four Red Sox homers from this past Sunday. Clearly there was time.

Jerko
04-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Yes if the no-hitter was THIS week. The latest issue has the four Red Sox homers from this past Sunday. Clearly there was time.

They're too busy documenting World Class Athlete Will Ferrell's latest exploits. I swear he's in every issue. :angry::angry::rolleyes::angry::angry:

DumpJerry
04-27-2007, 04:46 PM
What's Sports Illustrated?

I'm surprised White Sox fans still read that rag after how they treated us in the '05 World Series.

Fenway
04-27-2007, 04:59 PM

I couldn't agree more

VenturaFan23
04-27-2007, 05:11 PM
:whocares :redneck :redneck

But seriously, that's why I let my subscription run out. Garbage indeed! I will still never forgive them from omitting us on the cover when we won it all.

jdm2662
04-27-2007, 05:27 PM
It sucked in the mid-90s when I had it. My brother got me a yearly subscription as a Christmas gift so I can get the Sox World Series gifts. I pretty much stopped reading it about two months into it. Some things never changed.

lumpyspun
04-27-2007, 05:46 PM
I cancelled that nonsense a few weeks ago...I only had it from the '05 WS stuff that came with it.

Frontman
04-27-2007, 06:04 PM
What's Sports Illustrated?

I'm surprised White Sox fans still read that rag after how they treated us in the '05 World Series.

I still have the issue. I was thinking of just saving the corner......

Dan Mega
04-27-2007, 06:10 PM
But seriously, that's why I let my subscription run out. Garbage indeed! I will still never forgive them from omitting us on the cover when we won it all.

Exactly. I believe their response was that it was a "timing" issue. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Red Sox win it all in the middle of the week too?

After I received my commemorative SI issue I let the subscription run out and wrote them a very nasty letter.

WhiteSoxJunkie
04-27-2007, 07:26 PM
What's with all the hate towards SI? I mean yeah I was upset the Sox weren't on the cover when they won the Series, but I still think it's a good read.

lumpyspun
04-27-2007, 07:47 PM
What's with all the hate towards SI? I mean yeah I was upset the Sox weren't on the cover when they won the Series, but I still think it's a good read.

I think it's been pretty well summed up with just this latest issue alone.

No mention of the first American League no hitter in what, 16 years?

Yet, a half page dedicated to the sports background of 3 candidates for president and 2 full pages of Will Ferrel and some stupid basketball movie he is making?

You don't have to dislike it, but I think it's pretty clear why other people wouldn't wipe with it.

JB98
04-27-2007, 10:05 PM
I think it's been pretty well summed up with just this latest issue alone.

No mention of the first American League no hitter in what, 16 years?

Yet, a half page dedicated to the sports background of 3 candidates for president and 2 full pages of Will Ferrel and some stupid basketball movie he is making?

You don't have to dislike it, but I think it's pretty clear why other people wouldn't wipe with it.

It was the first AL no-no in five years, actually. But your point remains valid. Maybe they could write another story about global warming. Intriguing.

RadioheadRocks
04-27-2007, 11:18 PM

Pods' home run off Lidge was on the cover, not to mention the entire commemorative SI issue, so I really don't have a problem there; but yeah it's beyond lame that they treated Buehrle-mon's no-hitter as an afterthought, and I don't give a flying **** what part of the week it occurred.

OK, rant over with, back to your regularly-scheduled thread...

Ziggy S
04-27-2007, 11:29 PM
It was the first AL no-no in five years, actually. But your point remains valid. Maybe they could write another story about global warming. Intriguing.
You're gonna roadhouse this tread with all that dang political talk.

Frontman
04-27-2007, 11:33 PM
Not only the political stuff; but the conspiracy talk that SI didn't want to cover the Burly-mon is just that. Conspiracy from the ESPN/SI-black-ops-secret-society-of-A-Rod-Big-Papi.

I rank it up there with Elvis sightings, Alien abduction, and Cubbie swagger. All 3 are just nonsense concepts. :wink: