PDA

View Full Version : Attention: Firefox Users

eriqjaffe
04-27-2007, 10:26 AM
I just came across this:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4485

It's an extension that adds a menu item which lets you short-cut to all sorts of Sox-related sites (including this one). I figured that a few of you might find it convenient or useful.

Mods, feel free to move this thread if you feel this isn't the place for it.

SBSoxFan
04-27-2007, 10:28 AM
I just came across this:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4485

It's an extension that adds a menu item which lets you short-cut to all sorts of Sox-related sites (including this one). I figured that a few of you might find it convenient or useful.

Mods, feel free to move this thread if you feel this isn't the place for it.

Great, just what I need --- an easier way to read MORE about the Sox.

dakuda
04-27-2007, 11:17 AM
I made something simliar to that for a vehicle site I admin on. Except mine is when you right click anywhere in the browser, you get a menu for all the sections on that forum.

It'd take me about an hour to do one for here since the hard work is already done, if there is enough interest.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1838

THings like that can be pretty handy, until you accumulate too many of them.

04-27-2007, 11:22 AM
That is pretty sweet! Thanks.

mcg
04-27-2007, 11:25 AM
I didn't know you made a JeepForum extension. Thanks Dakuda!

I'm not getting the install "button" to show up for the Sox one. Why did Dakuda's work but not eriq's?

04-27-2007, 11:27 AM
I didn't know you made a JeepForum extension. Thanks Dakuda!

I'm not getting the install "button" to show up for the Sox one. Why did Dakuda's work but not eriq's?

Mine took a minute to pop-up.

mcg
04-27-2007, 11:30 AM
It says it's done loading. I clicked on the two previous releases link and the download "button" came up but they're for Windows. I'm on a Mac. Is the extension Windows only?

04-27-2007, 11:31 AM
It says it's done loading. I clicked on the two previous releases link and the download "button" came up but they're for Windows. I'm on a Mac. Is the extension Windows only?

That I do not know.

stl_sox_fan
04-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Very cool!
Daver might take issue with SoxTalk and FutureSox being above WSI on the FanSites - Forums link.
Maybe version .18 will correct that.

pdr
04-27-2007, 12:00 PM

I have it working on my Mac. Click on the Home icon next to where it says White Sox Browser 0.17. This will take you to Adam's own webpage; click on Firefox Extensions and choose download to disk. Double-click the file and choose Firefox to open it. It will install automatically after that. Very cool!

eriqjaffe
04-27-2007, 12:00 PM
I'm on a Mac. Is the extension Windows only?I was under the impression that Firefox extensions were platform-independent, but I'm not 100% sure about that. I suppose that could be extension-specific.

"The only extension I'm really worried about is Buehrle's!" ;)

puckereduppiet
04-27-2007, 12:23 PM

dakuda
04-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Firefox extensions should be platform-independent. They are basically XML files.

SBSoxFan
04-27-2007, 01:49 PM
Firefox extensions should be platform-independent. They are basically XML files.

How do you guys learn this stuff? Also, one of the links is for Palehose6. Is there a way to change it to Palehose7?

eriqjaffe
04-27-2007, 02:00 PM
How do you guys learn this stuff? Also, one of the links is for Palehose6. Is there a way to change it to Palehose7?Not that I can figure. It's a JAR file, so you'd probaby need to be able to recompile it from source.

That being said, I posted a review with that information, it just hasn't shown up yet.

dakuda
04-27-2007, 02:17 PM
How do you guys learn this stuff? Also, one of the links is for Palehose6. Is there a way to change it to Palehose7?

I teach myself new things all the time. I hate to sit idle.

I can probably make the cahnge from Palehose 6 to 7 once I get home from work at 7 tonight, but I have no way to host the corrected file at this time, plus it is not my file to edit and redistribute. You could email the creator of the extension and asmk him to make the change.

mcg
04-27-2007, 02:21 PM
I have it working on my Mac. Click on the Home icon next to where it says White Sox Browser 0.17. This will take you to Adam's own webpage; click on Firefox Extensions and choose download to disk. Double-click the file and choose Firefox to open it. It will install automatically after that. Very cool!
It took me a minute to figure out how to install it but it worked. Thank you.

CLR01
04-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Not that I can figure. It's a JAR file, so you'd probaby need to be able to recompile it from source.

That being said, I posted a review with that information, it just hasn't shown up yet.

It can be. I made some changes to this extension a few months ago. I should be able to copy and paste the changes I made and I will pass it on to anyone who would like it. The changes are:

Expanded the WSI links under fan sites.
Added a link to a list of opposing team message boards under fan sites
Added a link to Palehose7 (I kept the link to palehose6)
Added a link to the main page of MLB.com
Changed the name of the link for whitesox.com.

it shouldn't take long to do but I won't be able to get to it until this afternoon. I can even remove all BP sites for those who want. I know that was requested last time. :D:

CLR01
04-27-2007, 06:41 PM
It can be. I made some changes to this extension a few months ago. I should be able to copy and paste the changes I made and I will pass it on to anyone who would like it. The changes are:

Expanded the WSI links under fan sites.
Added a link to a list of opposing team message boards under fan sites
Added a link to Palehose7 (I kept the link to palehose6)
Added a link to the main page of MLB.com
Changed the name of the link for whitesox.com.

it shouldn't take long to do but I won't be able to get to it until this afternoon. I can even remove all BP sites for those who want. I know that was requested last time. :D:

Finished

Anyone who would like the upgraded version send me an e-mail @ clr01@whitesoxinteractive.com

Please include a 100 word essay on why Anderson is the greatest player ever. :wink: