PDA

View Full Version : Old renovation project?

paciorek1983
04-27-2007, 12:18 AM
http://www.wolfflandscape.com/PDF-Projects/02/16.pdf

Just wondering if anyone has seen this before. Some nice ideas. Considering that mayor Daley likes to have alot of greenery around parking lots, I wonder if this will ever happen.

geraldfritz
04-27-2007, 12:29 AM
I think they should do something like that. It would make the area around the ballpark seem really friendly. I also like the idea of building a small baseball diamond where the old park used to lay.

ewokpelts
04-27-2007, 02:40 AM
I think they should do something like that. It would make the area around the ballpark seem really friendly. I also like the idea of building a small baseball diamond where the old park used to lay.
the smart thing would be to build not only a youth field where old comiskey stood, but incorporate a REAL Sox Hall of Fame on that site. Having the relics wher eonly rich people can see them is rather insulting. I'd prefer to go back to the days when you PAID to get in the Sox HOF than this travesty.

but alas, the parking lot space is worth "more" to them than a real legacy to south side baseball.

ewokpelts
04-27-2007, 02:42 AM
http://www.wolfflandscape.com/PDF-Projects/02/16.pdf

Just wondering if anyone has seen this before. Some nice ideas. Considering that mayor Daley likes to have alot of greenery around parking lots, I wonder if this will ever happen.the artwork looks like it's from the ORIGINAL plans for new comiskey.

BanditJimmy
04-27-2007, 02:54 AM
All I want for them to build is one (1) huge sports bar to finaly put Jimbo's out of business for good.

ewokpelts
04-27-2007, 03:03 AM
All I want for them to build is one (1) huge sports bar to finaly put Jimbo's out of business for good.merge that with my idea of a sox hof on teh old comiskey site, and you got a bad ass place.

Hitmen77
04-27-2007, 07:47 AM
the smart thing would be to build not only a youth field where old comiskey stood, but incorporate a REAL Sox Hall of Fame on that site. Having the relics wher eonly rich people can see them is rather insulting. I'd prefer to go back to the days when you PAID to get in the Sox HOF than this travesty.

but alas, the parking lot space is worth "more" to them than a real legacy to south side baseball.

Where did they move the HOF to? I thought it was going to be relocated to the 500 (upper deck) level for this season.

lumpyspun
04-27-2007, 09:50 AM
That little league field will draw more fans than US Cellular b/c it faces downtown.

ewokpelts
04-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Where did they move the HOF to? I thought it was going to be relocated to the 500 (upper deck) level for this season.still in the scout seat lounge and spread mong various suites

pinwheels3530
04-27-2007, 10:00 AM
I like the idea of a HOF at the old Comiskey Site with a little league field. I hope they follow through with these plans.

scottyl
04-30-2007, 10:50 PM
the artwork looks like it's from the ORIGINAL plans for new comiskey.

True, but the text uses "US Celluar Field" and talks about a new plaza (which I took to mean the plaza they are currently selling bricks for). Either way, it sounds nice. Hope this is part of the 2007 post-season plans -- though I hope it is November before they can start planting.

FedEx227
04-30-2007, 11:14 PM
That little league field will draw more fans than US Cellular b/c it faces downtown.

Cheap ass Jerry didn't want to change the address. UGH!

Tampa Bay Sun Rays in 08.

skobabe8
04-30-2007, 11:45 PM
True, but the text uses "US Celluar Field" and talks about a new plaza (which I took to mean the plaza they are currently selling bricks for). Either way, it sounds nice. Hope this is part of the 2007 post-season plans -- though I hope it is November before they can start planting.

Its really a weird discovery because of the old drawings/newer descriptions. I like the ideas they have, though i would like to see the scoreboard redone first. Oh well, hopefully we'll see this in a couple of years.

Law11
05-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Milwaukee did it right with their full on Little league field with consessions etc. right next to the entrance to Miller Park.. Really sharp.

MrRoboto83
05-01-2007, 06:51 PM
No messing with Lot B allowed, I happen to like parking there.

cwsfannick
05-01-2007, 09:26 PM
On game days shut down 35th street from west of the ramp to sheilds and turn it into a block party. Bring in Bands, vendors and etc. There are plenty of folks who don't like lugging all the tailgating materials but would like to hang out for and enjoyable time. I believe this would be a popular destination before a ballgame.

Brian26
05-01-2007, 09:44 PM
On game days shut down 35th street from west of the ramp to sheilds and turn it into a block party.

It's a cool idea, but the City of Chicago would probably never allow that considering it's a major thoroughfare with two police stations on it within a mile and a half of each other.