PDA

View Full Version : Mackowiak's injury

fuzzy_patters
04-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Does anyone know anything about the severity of Mackowiak's injury from last night? I have been looking all over the internet, and I can't seem to find anything. Will he miss any time?

jenn2080
04-26-2007, 02:42 PM
Does anyone know anything about the severity of Mackowiak's injury from last night? I have been looking all over the internet, and I can't seem to find anything. Will he miss any time?

or be missed? NO!

04-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Mackowiak is hitting .219

Take 5 or 6 or 25 days off.

Dan Mega
04-26-2007, 03:15 PM

Dye, Konerko, AJ, Cintron, and BA are all hitting less than .219. Give them time off as well.

04-26-2007, 03:17 PM
Dye, Konerko, AJ, Cintron, and BA are all hitting less than .219. Give them time off as well.

BAAA doesn't need to be in this discussion.

Dye, Konerko, and AJ are well below their career AVG.

Mackowiack isn't exactly a everyday starter.

Dan Mega
04-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Dye, Konerko, and AJ are well below their career AVG.

So is Mackowiak.

Chicken Dinner
04-26-2007, 03:24 PM

What he said.

04-26-2007, 03:26 PM
My fault I forgot how important Mackowiak is.

Does he have a new Rowand type of following here or something?

Dan Mega
04-26-2007, 03:36 PM

Rowand was traded. Mack is still on the team and was completely misused last year. In addition its still too early to give up on him for one season.

CashMan
04-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Rowand was traded

When did this happen?

04-26-2007, 03:41 PM
Maybe this should turn into a BAAA thread like every other has.

oeo
04-26-2007, 03:59 PM

Nice of you to look at his stats over the past week. He's batting .316 with a .409 OBP, 4R, 2RBI, and homer in the last week and you want him sitting? Maybe pay attention and you would realize that he's been one of our better hitters lately. :dunno:

or be missed? NO!

Speak for yourself; Rob is our best bench player. And with Pods out, we need him. I seriously think some of you ignore what's going on. Let me fill you in: Thome is hurt, Dye is hurt, Pods is hurt (that's two outfielders, just so you know); we need our best bench guy, so yes, he will be missed.

BTW, how can people dislike this guy and love Anderson? Mackowiak busts his ass on every play, he's probably our best baserunner, our best bat off the bench, he's a hard worker...what does this guy have to do to get you to like him? Does he have to lolly-gag around in the outfield like Brian does? Or strike out looking every at-bat? Maybe make the least contact of any player on our roster? Give the guy a break, he knows he wasn't a centerfielder, but we didn't have one last year, that is no reason to not like the guy.

hi im skot
04-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Speak for yourself; Rob is our best bench player. And with Pods out, we need him. I seriously think some of you ignore what's going on. Let me fill you in: Thome is hurt, Dye is hurt, Pods is hurt (that's two outfielders, just so you know); we need our best bench guy, so yes, he will be missed.

Thank god someone is paying attention and "gets it".

JB98
04-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Nice of you to look at his stats over the past week. He's batting .316 with a .409 OBP, 4R, 2RBI, and homer in the last week and you want him sitting? Maybe pay attention and you would realize that he's been one of our better hitters lately. :dunno:

Agree 100 percent. Mack's role is to fill in when guys are hurt or need a day off. Right now, guys are hurt, so we can't afford to have Mack hurt too.

Rob is DEFINITELY our best bench player.

ondafarm
04-26-2007, 04:17 PM
I think the White Sox will miss Mack if he has to spend significant time off.
I think he could probably use a day or two off and I'd like to see BA get a little more playing time.

Chicken Dinner
04-26-2007, 04:32 PM
I'll take Mack over Timo any day.:smile:

AZChiSoxFan
04-26-2007, 04:38 PM
Nice of you to look at his stats over the past week. Maybe pay attention and you would realize that he's been one of our better hitters lately. :dunno:

Speak for yourself; Rob is our best bench player. And with Pods out, we need him.

:ozzie "Rob is a BENCH player? Nobody told me that!"

maurice
04-26-2007, 04:42 PM
I love the "BAAA" references. The last time somebody at WSI was this clever, they came up with "AAAron Rowand." Like BA, Rowand was getting too little playing time and absurd amounts of Internet criticism, because he was stuck behind "grindery" veterans (Everett and Lofton). Then, at age 26 with about 600 MLB ABs under his belt, he finally got an almost 500 AB season. The following year, we won the WS with him in CF.
:gulp:

This sort of thing cuts both ways. If you look at his last 5 games instead of his last 7 games, he's batting .167. :dunno:

pdr
04-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Perhaps some time off will give Comcast an opportunity to stop spelling his name "Mackwiak".

WhiteSox5187
04-26-2007, 05:10 PM
If it's the sort of injury that requires a stint on the DL we might be in trouble, but if it's a day to day thing we should be okay.

Foulke You
04-26-2007, 06:27 PM
Perhaps some time off will give Comcast an opportunity to stop spelling his name "Mackwiak".
LOL! I thought I was the only one who noticed. My wife and I have taken to calling him "Mackwiak" in honor of Comcast's ineptitude. It's not like they're paid to know that stuff or anything.:rolleyes:

CHISOXFAN13
04-26-2007, 06:30 PM

No. That's Anderson.

pdr
04-26-2007, 07:48 PM
LOL! I thought I was the only one who noticed.

Certainly no one at Comcast has.

Frontman
04-26-2007, 08:22 PM
BTW, how can people dislike this guy and love Anderson? Mackowiak busts his ass on every play, he's probably our best baserunner, our best bat off the bench, he's a hard worker...what does this guy have to do to get you to like him? Does he have to lolly-gag around in the outfield like Brian does? Or strike out looking every at-bat? Maybe make the least contact of any player on our roster? Give the guy a break, he knows he wasn't a centerfielder, but we didn't have one last year, that is no reason to not like the guy.

Maybe if Mack was out closing out bars and relating to the fanbase, he'd be far more popular like BAaaa.

Anyone else think Brian Anderson looks like a cross between Bill Clinton and James Spader? Maybe that's just my opinion. :wink:

Malgar 12
04-26-2007, 09:12 PM
Anyone else think Brian Anderson looks like a cross between Bill Clinton and James Spader? Maybe that's just my opinion. :wink:

you might be on to something!

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/8762/pg/one/five.jpg (http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/8762/pg/one/five.jpg)

http://raw360.com/media/1/20040621-clintonmylife2.jpg (http://raw360.com/media/1/20040621-clintonmylife2.jpg)

Jerko
04-27-2007, 08:48 AM
LOL! I thought I was the only one who noticed. My wife and I have taken to calling him "Mackwiak" in honor of Comcast's ineptitude. It's not like they're paid to know that stuff or anything.:rolleyes:

It's funny because they spell it right every other time, just not in the "due up" box between innings.

PaulDrake
04-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Agree 100 percent. Mack's role is to fill in when guys are hurt or need a day off. Right now, guys are hurt, so we can't afford to have Mack hurt too.

Rob is DEFINITELY our best bench player. Yes, our best bench player and don't think for a moment that there aren't teams who would be glad to have him on the roster.

pdr
04-27-2007, 11:06 AM
It's funny because they spell it right every other time, just not in the "due up" box between innings.

Ah, not so. On his last home run, the crawl at the top read "HOME RUN MACKWIAK". :rolleyes:

jenn2080
04-27-2007, 11:09 AM
you might be on to something!

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/8762/pg/one/five.jpg (http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/8762/pg/one/five.jpg)

http://raw360.com/media/1/20040621-clintonmylife2.jpg (http://raw360.com/media/1/20040621-clintonmylife2.jpg)

:rolling: YES

Jerko
04-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Ah, not so. On his last home run, the crawl at the top read "HOME RUN MACKWIAK". :rolleyes:

*** that is pretty bad.

RockyMtnSoxFan
04-27-2007, 11:16 AM
So what was the conclusion? Is Mack hurt or not? Any news?

twsoxfan5
04-27-2007, 11:17 AM
or be missed? NO!

Yes he will be missed. How is a guy supposed to hit for a high average when he only plays once a week. He has proved over the last week that when he gets significant playing time and gets in a rhythm he is quite valuable. He was stuck in one of the most difficult positions last year and he is not a center fielder. I think he plays just fine defensively when he is in one of the corner outfield spots. You need to look at the picture more as whole rather than just looking at his batting average.

FielderJones
04-27-2007, 11:43 AM
So what was the conclusion? Is Mack hurt or not? Any news?

Mack had a mild abdominal strain (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070426&content_id=1932475&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws). He should be available for tonight (scroll down to More from the infirmary).