PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Garland?

OEO Magglio
03-25-2002, 11:38 PM
I was just thinking what happened to Garland? Because I realized he was suppost to start yesterday, but west did, so what happened to Garland? Did he get hurt, or did he just pitch in a "B" game for some reason?

Daver
03-25-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
I was just thinking what happened to Garland? Because I realized he was suppost to start yesterday, but west did, so what happened to Garland? Did he get hurt, or did he just pitch in a "B" game for some reason?

Garland is fine,a scout from another team wanted to see West pitch,since he has no chance of making the roster the request was granted.

rmusacch
03-25-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio

From Whitesox.com

White Sox watch: The 21-year-old West came over from the minor league camp to start in place of Jon Garland, who was bumped to Tuesday as Sox manager Jerry Manuel gets his rotation in order. ... Frank Thomas started at first base and made difficult scoop plays in each of the first two innings. ... Bob Howry allowed five hits and three runs in two innings and gave up a homer to Finley on an 0-2 pitch. ... Antonio Osuna had thrown 5 1/3 scoreless innings before giving up four hits and three runs in an inning. ... LHP Mike Porzio threw a scoreless eighth.

Jjav829
03-26-2002, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by daver

Garland is fine,a scout from another team wanted to see West pitch,since he has no chance of making the roster the request was granted.

Wow, FWC, I never knew you dazzled the scouts so much. Shame you won't be making the roster though. :smile:

Yes, I know you're talking about Brian West.