PDA

View Full Version : Jermaine Dye

Ziggy S
04-25-2007, 02:59 AM
Does anyone know why he came out of the game and what is up with him? I hope he doesn't have a serious injury, especially with Pods on the DL. JD, along with Crede and most of the time PK is one of the clutch guys on the team and we need this guy to be healthy for most of the season.

dcb56
04-25-2007, 03:19 AM
Does anyone know why he came out of the game and what is up with him? I hope he doesn't have a serious injury, especially with Pods on the DL. JD, along with Crede and most of the time PK is one of the clutch guys on the team and we need this guy to be healthy for most of the season.

I don't think there was any mention of why he was lifted from the game, my guess is they pulled him late in order to prevent any chance of sustaining a serious injury as the field was in pretty bad shape.

oeo
04-25-2007, 03:19 AM

Hawk and DJ didn't say anything about an injury, and whitesox.com's recap does not contain anything, either. It was weird that he was taken out, but it doesn't look like there's anything wrong...and if there was, I'm sure it was something minor or there would be a story by now.

Ziggy S
04-25-2007, 06:03 AM
That's good to hear. As long as he's healthy and ready to go, our lineup's in fine shape.

stl_sox_fan
04-25-2007, 10:14 AM
I don't think there was any mention of why he was lifted from the game, my guess is they pulled him late in order to prevent any chance of sustaining a serious injury as the field was in pretty bad shape.

I'm hoping it was a precaution. During the gameday thread it sounded like the Kauf was more of a soupbowl than a stadium. I was searching high and low for a clip of Gload's slip up in the outfield.

UserNameBlank
04-25-2007, 12:39 PM
I think you're right. The Sox had a two run lead late in the game at the time and didnt need to take any extra chances on Dye injuring himself.

Chez
04-25-2007, 02:48 PM
I think you're right. The Sox had a two run lead late in the game at the time and didnt need to take any extra chances on Dye injuring himself.

Except you could make that statement about everyone on the field -- get them all out of there so that none of them get hurt. The thing that I thought was odd (and makes me suspect that JD might be hurting) was that Ozzie replaced JD with the worst defensive player on the team -- Pablo.

Rowandws33
04-25-2007, 02:51 PM
thats a good point

AJ Hellraiser
04-25-2007, 03:11 PM
I'm pretty sure it was a precaution as we were up 6-4 at the time and he made the last out in the top half of the 7th inning....

mcp5185
04-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Except you could make that statement about everyone on the field -- get them all out of there so that none of them get hurt. The thing that I thought was odd (and makes me suspect that JD might be hurting) was that Ozzie replaced JD with the worst defensive player on the team -- Pablo.

You could make that statement about everyone on the team, but Dye has a history of injury troubles, and is one of, if not the most important players on this team. The reason Pablo came in for Dye was because there was no one left on the roster to play OF. Erstad was at DH, Anderson in CF, and Mack in LF.

Chez
04-25-2007, 03:25 PM
You could make that statement about everyone on the team, but Dye has a history of injury troubles, and is one of, if not the most important players on this team. The reason Pablo came in for Dye was because there was no one left on the roster to play OF. Erstad was at DH, Anderson in CF, and Mack in LF.

I understand that Pablo was our only option to play outfield at the time. My point is that you wouldn't pull Dye for Ozuna in a close game unless something was wrong with Dye.